Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed. These seats are the best sports value in town, and if this is THE year, then they'll truly be great entertainment. Plus a couple years more and my boy will be old enough to go with me. He watches Chelsea with me on TV every Saturday for now, but I can't wait for the day I can show him the stadium.

Here's hoping he doesn't have to see the absolute misery I've endured as a fan of this club... Or maybe it's good for character?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I renewed and can't wait...

I absolutely LOVE going to BMO and the TFC matches... It's footy, it's live, it's my hometown, my club, I love it...

Even during the recent dark-days of an empty stadium, poor product & worse results, I still loved going to BMO and enjoying a day out at the pitch - watching the lads out there, having a laugh with you lot, and few pints as well...

Plus, my tix are $465 for the pair - I can & have many times, wasted that much on 2-nights out at the pub/bars/clubs, so I love the value... I went the Leafs/Hawks game in December, a pair were half the price of my pair of TFC SS...

Some will call me "the problem", that MLSE has no desire to improve b/c of people like me who renew & they know I'll renew - but I love going, have a great time, have met some great friends, and the value is excellent, so why would I stop...

Carts...
    Well said Carts!

Renewed today, there was never a doubt.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I've sat in 112-113, I've bought my tickets off of StubHub, and just sat there. People I know that sit in 112-113 said I could buy tickets for anywhere in the stadium, but still come to 112-113 and just stand and enjoy the party. Is that true? Could I get 2 season tickets for somewhere else and then just come party with the RPB and U-Sector each game? Please advise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of people do that but that's when times are slow, so to speak. If it got back to sold out it might get harder.

Having renewed just before all this news broke, you can count me as pretty freaking happy at the moment. Staring straight into the abyss of an entertaining winning season. This cant be happening. Is this some voodoo or witchcraft? this cant be happening. This doesn't happen.

Putting the glut of late goals against primarily down to a youthful, inexperienced and constantly under pressure midfield/defence, the fact is that we fought quite well last year, esp after the additions of Caldwell and Laba. We didn't get blown out of too many games at all, it was simply the complete and utter lack of any scoring in the team whatsoever that did us in. We had nothing Earnshaw Braun Wiedeman it was like a joke of some kind "ha were gonna spot you the strikers and still beat you." Its tiring and dispiriting when you never look like scoring.

Needless to say, this will no longer be the case. Dike as 3rd striker will be streets ahead of anything we had last year, and a proven Prem striker and a proven Brazil league striker are wet dream territory. This changes everything for this team we will be seriously dangerous on attack. I'm sure Nelsen will gell 'em up from the midfield back as well, sound positioning and willing running the least you'd expect, hard compete tough to score on.

They cant screw their way out of this one....were gonna win football games. That town of hell did freeze over last week, I suppose. Might explain everything.

Should be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree..no matter where I'm watching the matches next season...it's gonna be a hell of a season no doubt.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just activated the TFC card tonight....cause you know, free jersey.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im hoping to renew as the guy who I was supposed to buy my seats from decided to keep his.....now hoping theres something left...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrm. $540 in 126 for one seat. bah!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    126 is bad value since 1 section over is half the price.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    126 is bad value since 1 section over is half the price.
    oh i know. but it was the cheapest ticket available at the time
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i know. but it was the cheapest ticket available at the time
    well a few more tickets in 126 will be available soon... moves to 127 hopefully
    Last edited by Pint; 01-10-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for payday to put deposit on mine
    Ai estes são os Ultras do Benfica Primeiros a nascer
    Odiamos os tripeiros Queremos ver o Porto a arder
    DIABOS VERMELHOS 1982

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yohan I feel your 126 pain waiting for supporters relocation
    Ai estes são os Ultras do Benfica Primeiros a nascer
    Odiamos os tripeiros Queremos ver o Porto a arder
    DIABOS VERMELHOS 1982

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im taking the plunge today if my ticket rep approves. Going to suck up the 600 cost for season tickets and relocate like mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How'd you get them for $540? Aren't they med. grey seats? Mine in 221 cost $570.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine even the supporters relocation is going to be slim this year. Who is not going to renew after all this?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The uptake on season's this month will be interesting to watch. More importantly, how many people show up to games if we lose a couple in a row.

I also think there will be a window after 2014 where all those seats that are not being offered to SSH's go up for grabs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a while since this happened, but it will now become difficult to get TFC tickets. Scalpers will rejoice. Tourists will begin to visit the south end again.

Prepare for it! You do NOT want to miss the show this year!

Remember Nelsen saying the league will one day tremble in their boots over TFC? Or something to that effect. Well, they are! It's everywhere online. Consensus is that we're now a Super Club, and basically favourites to win the league. Lots of pressure on us - but fuck it, beats being the shit stain of the league.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ the interesting thing from a business perspective is whether this pays off.

Renewals amongst the supporters sections is a no brainer. Renewals in light greys, sure.

Not seeing many in this board suggesting that they are also willing to pick up dark greys or reds to go along with their inexpensive seats.

Logic says many that stuck with the team relocated to cheaper seats. Logic also suggests that those that left have left and aren't going to opt in again at red and dark grey prices. Once bitten twice shy so to speak.

The big question for MLSE is whether their are new season ticket holders out there motivated enough by Defoe and Bradley to want to opt in for a full season in the $1300 to $2500 range. Many fans would opt in at $200 but the tickets available aren't at that level.

Over the long term, if they can't recover the high ticket prices will they continue this spending experiment?

Will be a very interesting business case to watch unfold... from afar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure they will sell more actual season tickets this season - but if we end up winning a few games early on and looking like a contender, then BMO will soon be filled every game. It just takes a couple of wins and some hope for the casual fans and the fairweathers to start coming out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The waiting list was done with a few years ago. They sold all 110 seats last month. There are people here who were first time SS buyers, and bought a pair in 110 without the waiting list. Sorry to say, but looks like you got screwed

Get in line. I don't think anybody here will sell you their 112 or 113 tickets. I doubt you'll be able to find an entire season in those sections anywhere.
    They told me that only people who got section 110 were people who relocated or added to existing tickets. I did get screwed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    They told me that only people who got section 110 were people who relocated or added to existing tickets. I did get screwed
    They lied. Sorry dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    When did you speak to them? I'm a SSH and received the 'reserve additional seats' e-mail back in early December and light grey was sold out then. So there may have seats in 110, but in the medium grey lower half (twice as expensive). If you called earlier then that, maybe there might have been something available.

Check back to bgnewf's relocation day video, not much available in light greys, even then. The yellows and light greys have been the ones most in demand as everything above is 2-5x more expensive, so the migration to the south and corners happened over the last two seasons as SSHs reduced/left their pricey seats or outright walked away.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I renewed and can't wait...

I absolutely LOVE going to BMO and the TFC matches... It's footy, it's live, it's my hometown, my club, I love it...

Even during the recent dark-days of an empty stadium, poor product & worse results, I still loved going to BMO and enjoying a day out at the pitch - watching the lads out there, having a laugh with you lot, and few pints as well...

Plus, my tix are $465 for the pair - I can & have many times, wasted that much on 2-nights out at the pub/bars/clubs, so I love the value... I went the Leafs/Hawks game in December, a pair were half the price of my pair of TFC SS...

Some will call me "the problem", that MLSE has no desire to improve b/c of people like me who renew & they know I'll renew - but I love going, have a great time, have met some great friends, and the value is excellent, so why would I stop...

Carts...
    That is exactly the point ... is it good value for money that you can afford to spend.
    I have always enjoyed my trips to Toronto for TFC games.
    True ... often the games weren't so hot but the occasion and camaraderie have always been the best.
    The trouble was the cost of the trip which kept me from attending more often.

Here I am in Ottawa getting ready to support futbol in my home town and I can't wait!
    That being said I've gotta get organized and get to BMO and visit with my RPB brethren sometime(s) this season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly wasn't going to get season tickets this year ( I have had seasons in 112 for 7 years). Last year after such a brutal start it was hard to make it out to games, i missed a lot of games as i just didn't see the point on buying a train ticket and a beer to watch another brutal performance. But once again I am going to get seasons now that there is still some hope at TFC, for $190 its not a huge lose if the season turns out to be a disaster, and well worth it if the team can play well for the first time ever and finally make the playoffs!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed....once again

been there since day 1

for the past few seasons i've debated whether to renew or not...inevitably knowing i had no choice - it was my team, my city, my pitch - i've always wanted that and was there in Varsity for Toronto Metros-Croatia, and LOVED it - Varsity Stadium was a wonderful experience for football

got to admit i am stoked for 2014 with everything that is happening - i would LOVE to see BMO packed once again 30 minutes BEFORE kick-off - Loud & proud....singing the anthem and shouting out the players names....ah to dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

renewed ours in 115 last week- there was never any question. You'll take me out of there in a pine box.Supporters support, fans blow air.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing , was never option for me, they will have to carry me out on stretcher out of BMO without a pulse for me not to be there. Toronto til I die.

On a more current note, this week has been dam exciting, looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a great season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Not renewing , was never option for me, they will have to carry me out on stretcher out of BMO without a pulse for me not to be there. Toronto til I die.

On a more current note, this week has been dam exciting, looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a great season.
    your post is confusing me, but I think you like going to games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    your post is confusing me, but I think you like going to games.
    I meant that not coming was never an option for me, I will be there , for it all.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!