Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Wow, $684 for medium grey. That's more expensive than the year prices peaked in 2011, where they were $678 for renewals (but $712 for new seasons). Renewals in medium-grey were only $475 for 2014, tor those who held seasons in 2012, and $532 for those who first bought in 2013.

Supporters (yellow) is even more dramatic. Renewals were $190 for those that purchased pre-2013, and $266 for those that purchased in 2013. But $342 for new season tickets this year (if there are any to be had).

Makes you wonder what we are in for, if we actually start winning things.
    Why would you wonder?

Tim L stated last night that if all goes well they expect to break even next year.

With millions more now being spent, it is going to come from us. It is a gate driven league. A big tv deal isn't on the horizon. Getting a few more playoff games would help but not that significantly.

Ticket prices have to go up and the new pricing shows you that they feel the market can support that level. If all these games are going to be sold out, the new buyers allegedly are willing to pay 1,400 for the north end or 2,500 for reds or 680 for a pair of supporters.

If the market is there, they will just sell your seat to someone else if you don't want to buy. Or as an exec once told me in the days before Tim, you will pool your resources and happily share your seats with friends and split the games, like Leaf fans do.

There is no excuse for being surprised if and when ticket prices go up.
    Last edited by Pookie; 01-14-2014 at 09:07 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SSH renewal prices are temporary to S1 prices. TFC never said this was going to be permanent and I expect them to jack them back up once the demand is stable again.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Well, my ticket rep did tell me that the deal is happening this year. Hopefully, they were right.
    It's clearly stated on the renewal website that the jersey is part of the early renewal for those who "make a payment towards your 2014 Season Seats by Friday, January 31, 2014 with your Toronto FC BMO Master Card!"

As far as I know, there were no problems with this last year, so I don't see why there would be any reason to be concerned about it this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Tim L stated last night that if all goes well they expect to break even next year.
    I'd think much of that would be that they won't be paying $20 million in transfer fees next year, so it's just the salary amount, combined with revenue increases. I'd expect them to more than break even next year on that basis.

Of course I expect ticket prices to go up Though I expect we could win the Supporters Shield, MLS Cup, Voyageurs Cup, and make the Champion's League play-offs, and still some will complain about the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Scalpers aren't going to buy reds and dark greys though and that is supposedly all that is left.

The real test of the market will be whether those seats sell AND whether folks that have them can sell unused ones during the season to those that are on the outside of a "sold out" stadium looking in.

Action on the official exchange will be telling as will experience as sale attempts are being made. If there is a market to resell expensive seats then TIm L gambled and won. Doesn't bode well for future pricing but that's another story.

If they don't sell or the team loses,well then I don't know where it puts them. Probably on the 14k plan they had 8 years ago.
    Got my email yesterday quoting 92% sold out.
    However when I clicked on the "check out available seats" link, it showed there were 5 categories left, all higher end seats. (Although if I recall correctly the really high end box seats were sold out)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Wow, $684 for medium grey. That's more expensive than the year prices peaked in 2011, where they were $678 for renewals (but $712 for new seasons). Renewals in medium-grey were only $475 for 2014, tor those who held seasons in 2012, and $532 for those who first bought in 2013.

Supporters (yellow) is even more dramatic. Renewals were $190 for those that purchased pre-2013, and $266 for those that purchased in 2013. But $342 for new season tickets this year (if there are any to be had).

Makes you wonder what we are in for, if we actually start winning things.
    Wait till you see what the sticker price says for a playoff game if we get one.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^if we get t the payoffs people wil pay whatever MLSE post as ticket prices. MLSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^mlse know we are starved for playoffs and they will price tix in order to maximize profits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Wait till you see what the sticker price says for a playoff game if we get one.......
    I'll be more worried about the air fare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one seat in the light blue section (133)that I am prepared to share. PM me for details.
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 01-14-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Well, my ticket rep did tell me that the deal is happening this year. Hopefully, they were right.
    Took advantage last year with the free jersey deal. It is legit as it's the only time I use the bro MasterCard. What they will do when they mail the tix is send you a free jersey card which looks almost similar to the discount card. You will need to take the free jersey card down to real sports apparel and pick up the jersey there where they will verify the card is used. Paid for my seasons this year with the card for the free jersey offer. Can't argue this deal other than the fact finding a place to park last year to get to real sports cost approx 20$.
    oh well it was well worth it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a pair of supporters tickets. I've bought renewals off others the past couple of years, seems to be QUITE tougher this year. Any info helps, thanks!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Took advantage last year with the free jersey deal. It is legit as it's the only time I use the bro MasterCard. What they will do when they mail the tix is send you a free jersey card which looks almost similar to the discount card. You will need to take the free jersey card down to real sports apparel and pick up the jersey there where they will verify the card is used. Paid for my seasons this year with the card for the free jersey offer. Can't argue this deal other than the fact finding a place to park last year to get to real sports cost approx 20$.
    Just park underground right at RealSports, then stop by Longo's on your way out and grab a few groceries!
    They'll validate your parking for free!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Just park underground right at RealSports, then stop by Longo's on your way out and grab a few groceries!
    I just park infront and throw on the hazards. It shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to grab a kit and pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Actually you have to buy at least $20 in order to get your ticket validated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92% sold out? This is exciting. Very exciting!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed my tickets before Jan 17 . Did anyone here get their Raptor tickets yet?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I renewed my tickets before Jan 17 . Did anyone here get their Raptor tickets yet?
    Nothing yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke to my ticket rep yesterday about the raptor tickets. She said to expect an e-mail in Feb and that the tickers will be placed in the online account.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed. Sans Raptor tix.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I spoke to my ticket rep yesterday about the raptor tickets. She said to expect an e-mail in Feb and that the tickers will be placed in the online account.
    Thanks bud... I was wondering about this...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Free Jersey . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Thanks Cuppy.
    We too used the TFC BMO card.
    Thought the alternate jersey would be sent with tix or available at BMO during one of the matches.
    I guess we will take a look at RS next time at the ACC.
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI... TFC tweeted out that a new block of Seasons Tickets were just releases, in case anyone is still interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my raptors tickets today. Sadly its on a day of friendly soccer so will see. Did everyone get March 12th as well?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    I got my raptors tickets today. Sadly its on a day of friendly soccer so will see. Did everyone get March 12th as well?
    Yup, and pretty decent seats too
    WE DID IT!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Was looking at ticket prices the other day. If math is correct, for a new season ticket holder in 2012, the price on a North End ticket was $589. Today, that price is $703. An increase of over 19%.

Reds and Dark Greys actually went down by a couple of percent.

Put 10 economists in a room and you'll get 11 opinions but it may suggest a "squeezing" of the middle class. The theory would be that top end tickets aren't selling at higher price points so you make the middle of the road seats more expensive. Folks can't opt into the yellows and light greys so they pick the North End as the least expensive of the remaining options. MLSE makes more money on those and over time, the cost to "upgrade" to the high end becomes less of a gap.
    Last edited by Pookie; 01-23-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Yup, and pretty decent seats too
    My Raps tickets are for Jan 29th so I guess it was a few games on offer.
    Another summer of hope!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Like Vote Night, I'm going to make a projection on the number of TFC season seats sold this year.

According to this CBC report, http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/toro...ings-1.2496582 TFC will cap the number of season tickets sold at 17,000.

Also according to the article, they had a season ticket holder base of 14,600 last year and expect a 95% renewal rate.

That means a base of 13,870 and approximately 3,170 available tickets to be sold to new ticket holders. 2,400 in the initial offering and 770 made available as non-renewals (if they choose that route).

In the article, it was said that they have sold about 2,000 new season tickets in the wake of the signings.

Interestingly, if you look at the seat map if you wanted to buy season tickets you can see about 650-700 seats still available to new ticket holders. That makes the 2,000 they reported questionable but not out of the realm of possible. These seats do not (yet) include non-renewers. These are not inexpensive seats that are left, making the market for them somewhat diminished.

When all is said and done, I'm going to call them short of the 17,000 mark by about 1,000 to 1,500.

15,500 - 16,000 with the majority on the discounted renewal pricing.

That's your projection.
    Last edited by Pookie; 01-29-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ received an email today selling seasons tickets, targeting previous STH. Says they are at 94% as of today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of this morning here is the breakdown of what is available for Season Seats.

TOTAL 676

West Lower
    Section121 - 3
    Section 122 - 2
    Section 124 - 2

West Upper
    Section 221 - 4
    Section 222 - 109
    Section 223 - 80
    Section 224 - 112
    Section 225 - 5

North