Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2014 Season Tickets

Well, instead of constantly bringing the transfers thread off topic, and seeing as others appeared to also have questions, figured I'd start a thread on season tickets.

As stated, I never had them despite following the club from year 1 but am interested in getting them for the coming year after some renewed optimism (though perhaps still too early to say). Anyways, reserved my first ticket today (though panicked a couple hours later after noticing I had picked a seat in the dark grey section, thinking it was medium grey ... I am really hoping this reservation was not commitment to pay).

Ideally, I'd like to get tickets in one of the standing sections, but that's nearly impossible given priority/those sections being sold out. I'll probably end up in section 221. I've never sat up there .. any comments on what it's like?

Another option is in the North End .. would that be a better option?

I was thinking that while the north end might have slightly better chances of having a more rowdy crowd, the chance might be so slim that it's not worth sacrificing the sight line from one of the east/west sections.

Also, curious as to what benefits STH possess/what comes with the ST package.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the 200's for a few years before moving to 127... pretty decent view of the field but not really the atmosphere that you are looking for.

Benefits.. you get a discount card, SSH scarf, and maybe a couple other small things in the SSH package.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North end has very good sight lines due to it's steeper seating......but mid-expensive....I don't believe you can stand either..
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the 220's. The views are awesome and good fans, but since about 2009 or 2010 not nearly as loud as they once were. If you can't get the yellows, I'd say it's a good choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had seats in 219 for the last two seasons and only actually sat there maybe 3-4 games. Just bought the cheapest seats knowing I could likely sit in many different sections each game. I'd often sit in the north end. I like the sight line and the cup holders are a nice bonus. It might get busier again which might make it more difficult to occupy other seats but I'd definitely consider it if you're on a tight budget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    I had seats in 219 for the last two seasons and only actually sat there maybe 3-4 games. Just bought the cheapest seats knowing I could likely sit in many different sections each game. I'd often sit in the north end. I like the sight line and the cup holders are a nice bonus. It might get busier again which might make it more difficult to occupy other seats but I'd definitely consider it if you're on a tight budget.

I will probably be doing this. Especially since I am just getting a single season ticket, and will likely move over to wherever friends might end up on single tickets.

That said, I actually do hope that the ship is righted, and we get back to season 1 capacity crowds. In which case I'd be stuck at 221 but atleast I'd be happy to have a ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread. After years of waiting I finally pulled the trigger on some mid greys in 110. Price was my biggest factor. I don't care where the seats were I'm always going to be in the south anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pulled the trigger myself too.

Took a medium grey in 220.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do folks think if I made a second reservation to correct the mistake of getting dark greys by accident, they could put me on the hook for both?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Do folks think if I made a second reservation to correct the mistake of getting dark greys by accident, they could put me on the hook for both?
    Call and explain the mistake and try to move to the section your want or the cheapest seats available (if you are just going to move to the south every game)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things looks promising, but they have to deliver first. This club has already written too many cheques that have bounced.

Amazing signings or not, I'm keeping my distance. Wins first, money later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sat in 221 for 1st 2 seasons. (row 10) the view was very good there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Things looks promising, but they have to deliver first. This club has already written too many cheques that have bounced.

Amazing signings or not, I'm keeping my distance. Wins first, money later.
    I think there's a lot or people that are doing this. However I think and was backed up by my ticket rep (even though he's towing the party line) that there getting swamped with requests for tickets.

I doubt it but there seems to be a real sence of excitement coming out of the FO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a new season seat holder as well (Section 126, row 16).

I basically did the same thing with getting seats in the next price level up from the light greys and supporters (as they were both out), while also getting seats that my Dad can enjoy (he can't stand too long). But I will probably swap my 126s a couple of times to go hang with everyone in 112.

I got the same sense from the FO that they are a little more excited, which may be Gilberto, maybe Defoe, maybe something we just don't know about. But the sense of excitement was clearly evident (more so than just towing the company line).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wins first, money later.
    Band, wagon.

If you support a club then you support when the brass is moving in the right direction and working towards something. For me it's not all "win and I will come". That is such a Toronto attitude (minus the Leafs of course). In the past I could fully comprehend taking a wait and see approach as it was the same clowns behind the scenes with the same promises delivering the same shit. Now it's remarkably different in all aspects and for the first time since Winter was announced as manager, I have some hope that we may win a few matches and at least be in the playoff talk come September and after these past few seasons, that's enough for me. Also, it looks like we may actually score a few goals and maybe win more home matches than lose or draw like the good old days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we supposed to do anything with the season seats we have now? I got an email about confirming them, but when I follow the link it's not really clear what, if anything, I'm supposed to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Are we supposed to do anything with the season seats we have now? I got an email about confirming them, but when I follow the link it's not really clear what, if anything, I'm supposed to do.
    I phoned about that and my rep said we don't have to do anything until January. They really made this whole thing confusing as she said they sent out the wrong Email to current SSHs instead of waiting listers. So as far as Kirsten says, we are all good.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, we all have to wait until January. Past that members of supporters groups will be given a relocation event for their sections.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Kirsten better be right or I'll be calling for her to be fired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Kirsten better be right or I'll be calling for her to be fired.
    And that's why I name dropped her

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think now is the time to pick up additional seats.
    Many of us for years had the frustration of getting season seats, from the ransom packs, to the initial introduction of the north end (which wasn't for season seats the first year it existed I think), half season packs then buying the rest on ticketexchange for face value, etc.
    If the team and the crowd rebounds this year, SSH's will still have a priority, which means the scalpers once again will buy up blocks of tickets (someone posted a story about a guy at relocation buying up 14 light greys).
    Secondly if you ever officially want to be in a supporters section, you can only relocate into one. So you'll have to endure a season elsewhere in the stadium, why not this year while the opportunity is there?
    And as others have mentioned, your ticket merely is a discounted (compared to face value), way of getting in the door. I average about 1 game in my actual seats, usually opening day, when it is "100 per cent sold out"

That said, my perspective comes from someone who wants to be at the games, who enjoys the experience and thinks it is a good value for a day out with friends. If someone was clearly going based on on-field product, I would understand their hesitations of buying in this year.

I also think that while the price is right for light greys, MLSE could offer much more "value added" for SSH's. But then again, how much do you expect for 225 bucks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yup, we all have to wait until January. Past that members of supporters groups will be given a relocation event for their sections.
    Relocation open to new SSH holders as well or only existing going into this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably would be open to new SSH but you would need to check the members only section for how RPB are handling it.
    Last edited by Pint; 12-18-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    And that's why I name dropped her
    Ha ha, she'll be right up there with Paul Beirne and Earl Cochrane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I'm probably would be open to new SSH but you would need to check the members only section for how RPB are handling it.
    Not nessisarly. It's been a screwy off season with renewals and such. Pretty sure the details won't be worked out until Januaryish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officially moved over to 121. Also interesting is that they will be offering some type of deferred payment plan for the first four months. Details will be coming out soon, but something about making monthly payments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha, she'll be right up there with Paul Beirne and Earl Cochrane.
    And whoever that woman from TFC was who tweeted the welcome aboard tweet to Forlan.

Really, we should be sending her a gift basket.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Relocation open to new SSH holders as well or only existing going into this season?
    New ones too I believe. Still subject to the rules they apply (inception)
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Officially moved over to 121. Also interesting is that they will be offering some type of deferred payment plan for the first four months. Details will be coming out soon, but something about making monthly payments.
    Thats been typical of the last couple of years for payments. Normally it started in October and they gave a month off for December.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    I sat in 221 for 1st 2 seasons. (row 10) the view was very good there
    Good to know...I've gone for Row 8.