Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    SSH aren't selling fast enough to a point that TFC FO are contacting former SSH. That doesn't sound like they're doing well selling out their SSH tickets.

There are various posts on here indicating those people were contacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are various posts on here indicating those people were contacted.
    Yeah, I am reading some of posts on here.

I just don't understand how they expect people to become SSH with new prices without winning anything? As a current SSH, I am worried next year my ticket prices are going to jump as high as 20% for what? Defoe? Argos? Stadium expansion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't understand how they expect people to become SSH with new prices without winning anything? As a current SSH, I am worried next year my ticket prices are going to jump as high as 20% for what? Defoe? Argos? Stadium expansion?
    I'm definitely not a fan of this two tiered season ticket pricing. No doubt the lower pricing will be going up.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can trade for international spots as well.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    We can trade for international spots as well.
    Can I trade for a season ticket at Roma or Spurs then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The very FIRST thing they should have been doing is contacting lapsed season ticket holders.
    They did that. I got my first offer beginning of December - offering my a chance to buy seats at 2013 prices. I think that was open up until beginning of January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the point I am trying to make here. If you look at new SSH tickets prices, then it's going to be a huge jump for rest of us next year.

Also more expensive seats "drop" isn't a big one. I am sure it doesn't make a huge difference for those who can afford expensive SSH.
    Only if the team wins. Everyone pretty much expects this. If the team does not do well and interest wanes (again), they will have a hard time raising prices.

I wonder what happens to the folks that have year one pricing in the case of us being successful. Are they going to see a marginal increase based on the year one prices, are are they going to see the ticket price skyrocket to be in line with the main price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They did that. I got my first offer beginning of December - offering my a chance to buy seats at 2013 prices. I think that was open up until beginning of January.
    Yep that's when I jumped in. Was the best time to do so especially seeing the prices jump like that. I would always expect them to have some difference in terms of prices between renewing and new SSH. Makes for more retention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they go up 20% and you don't like it, don't renew. Pretty simple. If they go up 20%, it will likely be because we have a winning team, the demand for tickets has gone up as a result, and that is the cost.

You can't expect MLSE to keep prices low if this thing turns back into the hottest ticket in town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, and that's exactly what they should do. I was just saying the fact that they are contacting lapsed SSHs doesn't show that the tickets aren't moving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they go up 20% and you don't like it, don't renew. Pretty simple. If they go up 20%, it will likely be because we have a winning team, the demand for tickets has gone up as a result, and that is the cost.

You can't expect MLSE to keep prices low if this thing turns back into the hottest ticket in town.
    Obviously!

I don't expect MLSE to keep year one prices forever, but at same time, new SSH ticket prices are really high for a team that hasn't proving anything yet. How can they justify 15%-20% increase right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supply and demand is always going to dictate ticket cost. No different anywhere else in the league. Right now they are very low because they're trying to create some goodwill towards the team. Once that's been achieved, and once we are winning (hopefully) then it's only understandable if they raise prices. Not by too much of course. Otherwise they may end up pissing everybody off again. I just don't get the feeling that the current administration will do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously!

I don't expect MLSE to keep year one prices forever, but at same time, new SSH ticket prices are really high for a team that hasn't proving anything yet. How can they justify 15%-20% increase right now?
    People are buying, even at the higher price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are buying, even at the higher price.
    Based on numbers, only couple of thousand new SSH only despite big DP signings, new stadium expansion talks and huge advertising campaign. Market isn't responding well right now.

This is why TFC FO are getting desperate and contacting former SSH in the past now.

But however, if we play well and win championship while making going to BMO field experience better, then I will completely understand TFC increasing ticket prices by 15%-25%

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why TFC FO are getting desperate and contacting former SSH in the past now.
    Again, those people were contacted at the beginning of this campaign, in December. Weeks prior to the Defoe/Bradley bump.

BTW, a couple of thousand bump in seasons given where the team was sitting in season's back in October is not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously!

They generated a lot of hype by bringing DeRo home, and dropping a huge amount of money on two high quality players. And it worked. Regardless of whether or not they are really sold out - people have been buying seasons as a result - at the new prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on numbers, only couple of thousand new SSH only despite big DP signings, new stadium expansion talks and huge advertising campaign. Market isn't responding well right now.

But however, if we play well and win championship while making going to BMO field experience better, then I will completely understand TFC increasing ticket prices by 15%-25%
    A "couple of thousand" brings us to a full complement of season ticket holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would expect some sort of bump-up in ticket prices if this team does well. That being said, I would hope MLSE's new management understands how ticket pricing was mismanaged in the past and that lead to a fair amount of fan resentment.

By all means, increase prices within reason, but take a realistic approach to it. Under Teachers' / Anselmi / Bernier, TFC was hyper focused on how much money they could make today and didn't consider the impact that would have on fan loyalty. As has been said a million times over, we aren't the leafs. TFC needs to at least build a large stable of loyal fans before they get hung up on plunging them for money, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I would expect some sort of bump-up in ticket prices if this team does well. That being said, I would hope MLSE's new management understands how ticket pricing was mismanaged in the past and that lead to a fair amount of fan resentment.

By all means, increase prices within reason, but take a realistic approach to it. Under Teachers' / Anselmi / Bernier, TFC was hyper focused on how much money they could make today and didn't consider the impact that would have on fan loyalty. As has been said a million times over, we aren't the leafs. TFC needs to at least build a large stable of loyal fans before they get hung up on plunging them for money, lol.
    Not just that but they also have to deal with the fact that people are always going to bring up prices from overseas as well.

The point was made when the hike happened that we were paying more for our season then teams like Bayern, United, ect. And that is a fucking joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Again, those people were contacted at the beginning of this campaign, in December. Weeks prior to the Defoe/Bradley bump.

BTW, a couple of thousand bump in seasons given where the team was sitting in season's back in October is not bad.
    I got contacted again - by phone on Jan 23rd offering me tickets. Dark Greys were gone at that point. I don't read that as desperation, I read that as standard sales tactics.

I suspect the sold plenty of tickets after the hype of the announcement. When that slowed down, they started reaching out to other leads. Nothing controversial here.

If ticket sales had been poor after the big signings, you can bet us former SSH's would have gotten the phone call sooner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got contacted again - by phone on Jan 23rd offering me tickets. Dark Greys were gone at that point. I don't read that as desperation, I read that as standard sales tactics.

I suspect the sold plenty of tickets after the hype of the announcement. When that slowed down, they started reaching out to other leads. Nothing controversial here.

If ticket sales had been poor after the big signings, you can bet us former SSH's would have gotten the phone call sooner.
    If dark greys are sold out, they will totally fine. Dark grey is the worst value in the stadium, which is why I moved out of them this year, and my section was a barren wasteland of tumbleweeds last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If dark greys are sold out, they will totally fine. Dark grey is the worst value in the stadium, which is why I moved out of them this year, and my section was a barren wasteland of tumbleweeds last year.
    I was in the light greys, and the year before mine was exactly the same. Complete rows were empty every game. There were 3 rows behind me that no one was ever in. A lot of those where scalper seats though.

Actually - it was light greys - dark greys were still available when he called (just checked the details he emailed me right after)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No kidding. I got out because I thought $700+ a season per ticket was an outrageous price to pay for MLS. I'm not jumping back in at the same price and higher. By the looks of things I'm not the only ex SSH who is thinking the same way.

But I'm actually glad that I am being contacted so often (at least 4 times now) to come back. I think it's a good business practice, but the prices aren't to my liking. It will be a pay on the day year for me, or buy up a group of tickets from someone who can't make all the games and wants to sell off to one person.
    Last edited by Dave67; 02-06-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction: SSH count of 13K. But tons of single game interest. I think there will be mostly sellouts for better games on better dates if the team starts OK. A lot of those seats will be bought via ticketmaster (or ticket trader).

The team would have to be in or near first place to sell out the summer weekend games. Most people here don't care, but a lot of people who go up north, or have other summer pastimes, just cannot make those games.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My prediction: SSH count of 13K. But tons of single game interest. I think there will be mostly sellouts for better games on better dates if the team starts OK. A lot of those seats will be bought via ticketmaster (or ticket trader).

The team would have to be in or near first place to sell out the summer weekend games. Most people here don't care, but a lot of people who go up north, or have other summer pastimes, just cannot make those games.
    they are already reporting they have capped season tickets at 17k and only have 500 tickets left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in order to truly move 17k seasons, they need to have enough demand back that the expensive seats become a viable proposition again for most people. That happens when you can reliably sell your of the unused tickets (for when you head up to the lake, or the kids have a tournament) to offset the cost off them - like in the first couple of years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think the team is flat out lying when it says 95% of 14.6k have renewed and they've sold 2700 new seasons?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I know a lot of people would have cottages and even with season tickets will not make the trek down for a game and not just with TFC. It is not that they can not come, they simply have no interest in leaving there lakeside cottage up north. That is what makes the dog days of summer in the sports and entertainment world.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    So you think the team is flat out lying when it says 95% of 14.6k have renewed and they've sold 2700 new seasons?
    Listen, it's life. It's not just Leiweke, or TFC. There is the sowing of confusion, and occasional outright deceit, in the marketing of damn near every single thing you see.

You want to tell the truth about these things, find another profession.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the conspiracy theories there are less than 100 season seats available now on the TFC website and most of those are groups of 3 which means you can't buy them if you only want 2. It is highly unlikely that management would deliberately prevent anyone from buying season seats because after all it's only about the money right. It is a "brave new world" now so maybe it is time to forget about the past and embrace the future.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 02-06-2014 at 06:16 PM.