Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Just wondering how you know the amount of season tickets still available and in what section? Is this inside info you received?
    What jmeisenh said. Just go to this link to see what's available. BuSaPuNk counted them up on Jan 30th when there were 676 available. I checked today and they were down to 131.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Who cares what tactics they use to sell tickets? So what if they announce 'new blocks' of tickets that have been available already? Some sales guy's job is to drum up interest and increase sales and this type of stuff is common.
    Who said I cared? I said I thought it was funny. Relax.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've received 2 emails from MLSE reps asking if I want to buy season tickets this week. The first one asking if I want to buy and the second one saying they are following up and asking again if I want to buy them. I have no idea where they got this email though since I actually do have season tickets but I share them with my brother and we used his email to buy them.
    Maybe I signed up for the waiting list like 5 years ago or something? No idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys do realize, right, that the "seat maps" are highly controlled, sports teams the world over withdraw supply from these "maps", while they market seats, to create the appearance of scarcity.

TFC may or may not be selling out. But the number of people in the line with the velvet rope at the night club tells you nothing about how packed it is inside there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You guys do realize, right, that the "seat maps" are highly controlled, sports teams the world over withdraw supply from these "maps", while they market seats, to create the appearance of scarcity.

TFC may or may not be selling out. But the number of people in the line with the velvet rope at the night club tells you nothing about how packed it is inside there.
    Exactly.

I have a feeling sales aren't going so well in the middle of the park and the north end....

I would still have seats in the middle if it weren't for the price hikes that I witnessed.

At current price, it's worth it, but not 5 years from now with the assumption that we will be better and MLSE will have doubled my ticket price.

I'm staying put in a supporters section because if it doubles in price I can accept that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Exactly.

I have a feeling sales aren't going so well in the middle of the park and the north end....

I would still have seats in the middle if it weren't for the price hikes that I witnessed.

At current price, it's worth it, but not 5 years from now with the assumption that we will be better and MLSE will have doubled my ticket price.

I'm staying put in a supporters section because if it doubles in price I can accept that.
    So much of what is available is in groups of three, which mean you have to buy them all as you may not leave a single unoccupied seat. For instance section section 223 has 21 tickets available in it but in seven groups of three tickets each. All the tickets in the north end are also three in a row, which are the cheapest currently available, so it appears that if you believe they are pulling back tickets to create a sense of scarcity that the strategy is to push people into buying three seats. As it stands now this is what appears to be available.

106: 15
    107: 8
    108: 9
    109: 17
    131: 9
    132: 3
    133: 6
    134: 3
    222: 10
    223: 21
    224: 15

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what will your impression be when they come out and announce that season tickets are sold out at 17,000?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So what will your impression be when they come out and announce that season tickets are sold out at 17,000?
    That is a dead lock certainty. Won't mean anything.

Only the naked eye and common sense will tell you. The opener will sell out no matter what. We'll know at game three.

Just to anticipate the inevitable from somewhere, there will not be thousands of people in the beer garden at those games, there never is!
    Last edited by ensco; 02-06-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not leaving a single is a curious business policy. This isn't limited to TFC of course.

Surely, they will sell single tickets at some point.

By holding off now, you are essentially trying to use your leverage (fear of scarcity) to sell more and/or more difficult tickets. Sadly, you are doing it on the backs of those you are hoping to develop a long term relationship with. Like the Marlies' packs, it may not be a great way to start the relationship.
    Last edited by Pookie; 02-06-2014 at 07:27 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the rationale: Single tickets are harder to sell. And more people want to buy twos. A first, the policy reduces the amount of singletons they have to sell. And I can see it being applied as a computer command.

At the point when people have no option in a section but to buy and leave a single, they need to stop applying that rule.

I'd be surprised if people phoned in were told they couldn't buy and leave a single.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why TFC FO is doing here? Why jack up prices when you're struggling to get fans back and have them trust you again? No offence to people out there, but Defoe and Bradley aren't exactly big name players in this market. Sure, there's some people are super excited, but the price TFC is asking and justify price hike because Defoe and Bradley signing isn't exactly smart.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I don't understand why TFC FO is doing here? Why jack up prices when you're struggling to get fans back and have them trust you again? No offence to people out there, but Defoe and Bradley aren't exactly big name players in this market. Sure, there's some people are super excited, but the price TFC is asking and justify price hike because Defoe and Bradley signing isn't exactly smart.
    What are you talking about? There was no price hike.
    Plus saying that Defoe isn't a big name is just showing that you are a more peripheral fan. people who follow the English football know who Defoe is.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Plus saying that Defoe isn't a big name is just showing that you are a more peripheral fan. people who follow the English football know who Defoe is.
    Prices went up for new SSH.

Defoe isn't going to bring a lot of fans to games. I personally asked bunch of soccer fans (who follow EPL) and they have been indifferent with Defoe signing. TFC is still not selling out their season tickets despite signing Defoe (and Bradley). What does that say to you?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe isn't going to bring a lot of fans to games. I personally asked bunch of soccer fans (who follow EPL) and they have been indifferent with Defoe signing. TFC is still not selling out their season tickets despite signing Defoe (and Bradley). What does that say to you?
    Signing Messi wouldn't bring in some Eurosnobs, because they only want to follow Europe. So what's your point?
    You say as a fact that TFC isn't selling out their season tickets. What inside information do you have, or is this just a guess on your part?

New SSHs had to pay a higher price last year, too.

TFC could win the MLS Cup, the Supporter's Shield and the CCL, and some people would still be negative. You seem to be one of them.

Personally, I'm just taking a wait and see viewpoint. I do like the moves the FO did, but will that win? We'll find out, eventually.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-06-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a dead lock certainty. Won't mean anything.

Only the naked eye and common sense will tell you. The opener will sell out no matter what. We'll know at game three.

Just to anticipate the inevitable from somewhere, there will not be thousands of people in the beer garden at those games, there never is!
    So when they announced that 500 seasons tickets were left was that remotely legit? It would leave about 5,000 seats available for groups, walk up etc. In my eyes sizing up a crowd at BMO Field is pretty easy, especially knowing the 200 level on west side sits at about 5K , maybe a little more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And on the other hand, I know several people that bought seasons on the day Defoe and Bradley were announced. I had several more people that don't follow TFC closely asking me about them, the team, how hard it would be to get tickets.

Their names alone might not be the biggest in the game, but there is no denying the hype and press their arrival has injected into the team. When was the last time TFC were front page news across the board and the talk of the town (for something positive)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Not too interested in what they are saying, except as it relates to insight into their business practices.

There is a lot of wood to chop. My guess is that the true SSH level was down to 8K. Defoe is not going to bring a lot of those people back, only winning and time can do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So when they announced that 500 seasons tickets were left was that remotely legit? It would leave about 5,000 seats available for groups, walk up etc. In my eyes sizing up a crowd at BMO Field is pretty easy, especially knowing the 200 level on west side sits at about 5K , maybe a little more.
    My guess is they have withheld a number of the cheaper seats to drive people into the more expensive ones. If there were a bunch of light greys available when they announced Defoe and Bradley, those would be the ones that got snapped up instead of the ones at the next price point up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He is technically right, at least about the North Stand.

In 2012, a new STH paid $599 (approx). Today, they would pay $703. A jump of over 19%.

Reds and dark greys did drop slightly though by about 4%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but that is nuts. People are buying season tickets because of Defoe and Bradley.

I have two friends I couldn't drag to a game last year who bought season tickets this year. I know that's a small sample, but based on that I think we will have sell outs every game as they are a pretty good litmus test for the the market as a whole. I understand being cynical with anything MLSE related, but TFC does have a buzz again and will sell out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Sorry but that is nuts. People are buying season tickets because of Defoe and Bradley.

I have two friends I couldn't drag to a game last year who bought season tickets this year. I know that's a small sample, but based on that I think we will have sell outs every game as they are a pretty good litmus test for the the market as a whole. I understand being cynical with anything MLSE related, but TFC does have a buzz again and will sell out.
    Regardless of SSH sales, the team needs a good start out of the gate in order to get people actually going to the stadium in numbers. A poor start and you'll have the buzz replaced with "same old TFC" for a lot of folks, and it will be business as usual for tickets and attendance at BMO (unfortunately).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

In 2012, a new STH paid $599 (approx). Today, they would pay $703. A jump of over 19%.

So if they are not consistently up, then he is wrong. Adjusting some up and some down does not equal a price increase.

I know what a price increase looks like. Anselmi and Paul B. stuck it to us enough times. The trauma is only now beginning to subside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Not too interested in what they are saying, except as it relates to insight into their business practices.

There is a lot of wood to chop. My guess is that the true SSH level was down to 8K. Defoe is not going to bring a lot of those people back, only winning and time can do it.
    Do you agree with current SSH ticket prices for new SSH? Why suddenly an increase? Why not win some games first, then increase tickets prices afterwards?

TFC is shooting themselves with these ticket increases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

That's a huge jump for an unproven club who trying to win soccer fans back after pissing them off. I bet you any money we are going to see increases next year. I highly doubt TFC will stick with "year one" prices.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    My guess is they have withheld a number of the cheaper seats to drive people into the more expensive ones. If there were a bunch of light greys available when they announced Defoe and Bradley, those would be the ones that got snapped up instead of the ones at the next price point up.
    I've been wondering about this.

I'm not certain of what I saw, but this is was what I seem to have noticed happening in the bottom rows of 111, where I was last season.

I had a half game pack deep in the bowels of 111 - row 9 or so. Lots of fun. And there were a few one off single game ticket holder people in there as well for all those games. In theory, those would be prime season ticket potentials. Was kinda thinking maybe those would be available and be snapped up quick. If I didn't get, I'd go somewhere else.

Light Grey was not available for seasons to those of us on the email blast. Sold Out it said.

So, unless people relocated into all those (I'd guess it was about 30 seats below row 10), or scalpers had those last season and couldn't sell them, or that section is now controlled by a Supporters Group (not from what I've heard), I'm pretty sure here that they didn't sell a chunk of section 111 first 10 rows to season seat holders but are trusting to sell them to one offs and pack holders.

Nothing wrong with that in theory. From what I saw, people who were there on singe game tickets were very welcomed and accommodated.

But you'd think they'd want a larger regular core of people in those particular cheap seats. I'm happy where I will be but it did seem odd.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-06-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSH aren't selling fast enough to a point that TFC FO are contacting former SSH. That doesn't sound like they're doing well selling out their SSH tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a huge jump for an unproven club who trying to win soccer fans back after pissing them off. I bet you any money we are going to see increases next year. I highly doubt TFC will stick with "year one" prices.
    Once TFC announced theses signings I am pretty sure we all new that next year we will see a price increase. With the amount of money they spent there is no way they were going to keep year once prices next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSH aren't selling fast enough to a point that TFC FO are contacting former SSH. That doesn't sound like they're doing well selling out their SSH tickets.
    The very FIRST thing they should have been doing is contacting lapsed season ticket holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The very FIRST thing they should have been doing is contacting lapsed season ticket holders.
    So contacting former SSH who give up on their SSH couple years ago is first thing they would do to sale SSH? I am surprised they still have former SSH contact information.
    Last edited by TFC07; 02-06-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Once TFC announced theses signings I am pretty sure we all new that next year we will see a price increase. With the amount of money they spent there is no way they were going to keep year once prices next year.
    That's the point I am trying to make here. If you look at new SSH tickets prices, then it's going to be a huge jump for rest of us next year.

Also more expensive seats "drop" isn't a big one. I am sure it doesn't make a huge difference for those who can afford expensive SSH.