Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should just put 7:15 on the tickets for a 7:30 start time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They tried that. It sort of worked once. It's easy enough to figure out. Who the hell kicks off at a time not at the top or bottom of the hour? They can't assume people are that dumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    They tried that. It sort of worked once. It's easy enough to figure out. Who the hell kicks off at a time not at the top or bottom of the hour? They can't assume people are that dumb.
    lol but aren't kickoffs usually at 05 or 35 past the hour?
    Then they should put 7 on the ticket and start at 7:15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Sure, if you can get the television networks to agree to it. It would mean they would have to produce a longer pre-game show plus the event would be more likely to go long messing up the next item on their schedule.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 02-02-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ you sort of get the "uninterested" when you hock your season tickets at rates that only corporations would enjoy.

In 2013, the south end can be excused based on apathy. Wasn't much to get excited about and after 7 years, I think it is amazing that folks even showed up.

TL has commented publicly that they can't get the corporate Leaf fan into the platinums by the time the puck drops. They targeted the same audience with their "Reds." That's why it looks like Columbus in the middle of the park and likely still will through 2014.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to when we get the SSH package?

sorry i am excited !!!!!!!!!!!
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post

Going to guess early march... Supporter Section relocation hasn't even taken place yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Yohan; 02-03-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was speaking with my rep today and she mentioned the SS Packages will be sent out in early March.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOTAL 676 (Jan 30th)
    TOTAL 536 (Feb 2nd)

West Lower
    Section121 - 3 - 0
    Section 122 - 2 - 0
    Section 124 - 2 - 0

West Upper
    Section 221 - 4 - 0
    Section 222 - 109 - 82
    Section 223 - 80 - 67
    Section 224 - 112 - 94
    Section 225 - 5 - 0

North
    Section 131/131F - 12 - 9
    Section 132 - 13 - 6
    Section 133 - 3 - 6
    Section 134 - 6 - 3

East

Section 105 - 3 - 0
    Section 106 - 137 - 132
    Section 107 - 37 - 19
    Section 108 - 35 - 19
    Section 109 - 113 - 99

Bold numbers are updated. Probably +/- 10 or so total. People might be looking at tickets that takes them off the display.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiweke is all in with these "sold out" press releases.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not difficult or unheard of. The Blue Jays have done it for years. Look at all their 1:07pm weekend games or 7:07pm night games. That's what's on the schedule and ticket.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Leiweke is all in with these "sold out" press releases.
    Yep. Going to be interesting to see if these sell outs materialize with 4-5k worth of tickets available for every home game and no waiting list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Yep. Going to be interesting to see if these sell outs materialize with 4-5k worth of tickets available for every home game and no waiting list.
    Feels like a blatant untruth to me, but of course no one but the FO knows. If you are actually sold out, why "push" that now? It makes no sense if you think about it.

It might work, I suppose, trying to "frighten" fencesitters into signing up, but I doubt it.

Sign of the times. So much marketing these days is just deceitful. Went to book a "free" ticket on Aeroplan recently, but it can't be done, they want 60,000 points plus a $600 fuel surcharge for a ticket to London Good luck finding out about that in the advertising for "free" trips though.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-03-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seems like they are trying to create a run on tickets. Larson adds to it with the "get them while you can" opener in his blog.

A little insulting to me when I think of how they treated the fans to double digit price increases and on the job learning projects for key personnel. BMO has struggled with attendance numbers for a reason. All is forgotten with the one big deal and the other that was such a part of their offseason rebuild that it was rumoured that it came together in a week?

The fact that ticket sales may be up is a reason to thank the fans for giving them one more try despite everything that has happened. Rather than an attempt at creating (the feeling of) scarcity again, maybe a simple thank you and we invite others to join us at the game would be the right approach.

People want to trust. That takes time.

Anyways, as for getting them while you can, I am pretty sure that I can snap up tickets on game days on the buyer's resale market (at or below cost) or the box office.

Maybe even buy one get one free. I will be sure to read the fine print though as I don't want to pay separate shipping and handling fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think were going to get to the point of scarcity of tickets again. There will always be a big resale market as alot of people especially on the boards here have multiple tickets and usually put them up to move them.

There just using scare tactics to try and move the remaining tickets they have I believe. If not there probably going to be using these tickets for partial packs or deals leading up to the opener. There's a large amount like almost full rows available in some sections and I can't see them being happy to have a completely empty row in a section. It would stand out like a sore thumb.

That being said, just for the sake of regaining that amazing feeling at BMO again I'm hoping they do get to that point where tickets become limited again. Especially now that I got my seasons. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A healthy turnover in the stands isn't a bad thing either, it allows SSH to move around on relocation day. The drop off in the last few seasons has helped me move around to a section that I like after being in dark and then medium greys. New SSHs won't get that chance as quickly - especially with being so low on the list now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    i think that was for an nbc broadcast game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Feels like a blatant untruth to me, but of course no one but the FO knows. If you are actually sold out, why "push" that now? It makes no sense if you think about it.

It might work, I suppose, trying to "frighten" fencesitters into signing up, but I doubt it.
    Sounds to me like drumming up the old scare tactic to move the expensive seats before the season starts.

What is interesting - I was a SSH from day one up until I let my tickets go last year. This year, around the time of initial "sell out" of tickets before this block was released I got a call from my ticket rep asking me if I was interested in season tickets this year. The timing seemed a bit odd to me - why call me if the tickets were indeed sold out. Smoke and mirrors going on here folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Sure - because the broadcast starts at the top of the hour or the half hour and they allow that time for the teams to come out and the Anthems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is everyone so concerned there will be tickets available...????

Even the GOLDEN CHILD of MLSE has tickets available on game-days... I walked up to the box office on SATURDAY DEC. 19th & purchased 2-seats to the BLACKHAWKS vs MAPLE LEAFS game at the ACC...

That's a tier-1, defending champion, original-6, Saturday night, near Christmas, Leafs game...

Point is - EVERYONE has tickets available game-days...

We'll have our lean days (cold, rainy, shite opponent, other things on in the city) and our great days (perfect weather, vs Montreal, etc) - it's just how it is in today's market & economy...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Why is everyone so concerned there will be tickets available...????
    We're interested in the business culture of this new management.

It's not trivial. If there are coffee cup rings on the tray tables, FAA inspectors look harder at how the engine maintenance is being done.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ for me, I'm just really curious as to where prices will go.

On one hand you have massive investment in two players and stadium expansion talks that require an even bigger investment. You have renewal pricing and new season ticket holder pricing. You have the North End that has gone up in price by 19% since 2012. You have a guy running the show who was in LA who were at or near the top of ticket prices in most vantage points.

On the other, prices in Reds and Dark Greys have come down by a couple of percent since 2012. There is no wait list as evidenced by the drive for new season ticket holders. Stadium expansion to 30,000 would either mean a plethora of tickets available for every game or they will close off certain sections to protect pricing.

Hate to say "Supply and Demand" but if the demand is strong, history has shown what has been done with ticket prices and leveraging other assets within MLSE (ie. Marlies' packs).

If demand isn't there though and they can't recoup investment costs, are they prepared to keep prices at these levels or even drop them? If so, does that necessitate a different team building strategy? Or will they look at the revenue generated by the league (eg. SUM rights) as the way they will subsidize their expensive direction?

It really is an interesting business case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was funny that yesterdays email said 'new block of seats released' I looked at the available seats and they sure looked like the ones that have been available all along. I assume the remaining seats go into partial packs and singles?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares what tactics they use to sell tickets? So what if they announce 'new blocks' of tickets that have been available already? Some sales guy's job is to drum up interest and increase sales and this type of stuff is common.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you that my section for the last three years (121 in the dark greys) is virtually sold out now after being probably half sold last year. I don`t think there was one game last year where I actually had anyone sitting beside me - there was almost an entire empty row game after game. I moved to 110 in the relocation because the value of 121 is so bad. Well, they managed to sell it out despite that. That`s significant. Based on that, I have to think it`s true that most games will be sold out for this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post

And here it is...in the email an hour ago.

Thank you. We are proud to have you on board this year and we couldn't be more excited.
    Now that we have completed our season seat renewal period, we would like to ensure that your ticket package is delivered to the appropriate destination by mid-March.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuing on from BuSaPuNk's numbers, there was a considerable drop in available seats in the last two days. Unless they've taken away some seats for whatever reason, the get em before they're gone news stories are working.

TOTAL 676 (Jan 30th)
    TOTAL 536 (Feb 2nd)
    TOTAL 131 (Feb 4th)

West Upper
    Section 222 - 109 - 82 - 18
    Section 223 - 80 - 67 - 21
    Section 224 - 112 - 94 - 19

North
    Section 131/131F - 12 - 9 - 9
    Section 132 - 13 - 6 - 10
    Section 133 - 3 - 6 - 12
    Section 134 - 6 - 3 - 3

East

Section 106 - 137 - 132 - 7
    Section 107 - 37 - 19 - 6
    Section 108 - 35 - 19 - 7
    Section 109 - 113 - 99 - 19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mowe,

Just wondering how you know the amount of season tickets still available and in what section? Is this inside info you received?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Hi Mowe,

Just wondering how you know the amount of season tickets still available and in what section? Is this inside info you received?
    Just pretend to sign up and buy season seats and the map of available seats is there. You can just count them. I've kept an eye on it myself as well. A bunch of people called and let me know they want to tag along with me and asking me to "hook them up". I've just kept an eye to see what's left in case they ask me about seasons as well. Looks like slim pickings now ... 130 from the numbers Mowe has.