Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where on earth will DeRo fit in our team system? One would hope that he could move over to the Left wing, but would he do enough off the ball? Is he a depth forward? No way Nelsen lets him play CM and give Bekker the wrong idea about floating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Where on earth will DeRo fit in our team system? One would hope that he could move over to the Left wing, but would he do enough off the ball? Is he a depth forward? No way Nelsen lets him play CM and give Bekker the wrong idea about floating.
    i think it is the left wing to be honest; he's done it before; maybe he's given more of a free roll; or maybe oso pops out right, rey left, and it becomes a diamond with laba...also where does jackson's role come into play then...this is a good problem to have, in my opinion...i wonder if nelsen plans to adapt his formation and style with the new players he has; I know he has sort of mentioned those types of things, so it'll be interesting to see if the players that he has on his plate can dictate the way TFC play kind of like how nelsen says the players at practice 'decide' who starts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second striker off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----------------------------Bendik--------------------------
    Jackson-------Caldwell------------Henry----------Morrow-
    -----------------Laba---------------Osorio------------------
    Rey-----------------------New DP-----------------De Rosario
    ---------------------------Gilberto---------------------------

Still need some vet CM/DM coverage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree. Maybe DeRo fills right in for Convey eh. Bringing up Osorio out wide, I actually think he played his best games out wide and it was really his coming out party. He even mentioned in an interview that he fell in love with playing out wide and was more than willing to go back out there. He was more impactful out there forsure, as I feel he gets lost in midfield. I would rather have a more physically dominant player in beside Laba, like a Yaya Toure, Felliani type box to box that really would fit well in MLS but we don't see too often (Hall is more this mould). I would like us to keep some flexibility so we can bring in players in the summer as well potentially.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo also likes to cut into the middle and I think from what I have heard from SJE fans is Morrow likes to get forward (and we know Ashtone does too), so if DeRo cuts into the middle a lot, it offers good space for overlapping runs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is DeRo right or left footed? I can't remember. Right, isn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet. Well even from the needs you guys put up from last week. Box to Box midfield and CB/RB help is still a problem.

Guys like Logan Pause or Danny O'Rourke would be perfect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero must be a sub for depth IMO. Can't play out on the wing at this stage in his career IMO. Sub striker or AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Dero must be a sub for depth IMO. Can't play out on the wing at this stage in his career IMO. Sub striker or AM.
    Could see him getting some games there. Ideally I agree, he'd be a good 70th minute sub to run at tired defences when we need a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet. Well even from the needs you guys put up from last week. Box to Box midfield and CB/RB help is still a problem.

I'm hoping for a guy like Hendry Thomas for DM coverage. The CB depth needs to be a vet.

One thing that is clear, we are starting to see a more balanced team but an expensive one. Laba and Rey need to step up and produce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pause withdrew from re-entry draft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Pause withdrew from re-entry draft
    Doesnt mean he isn't available. Fire just have his rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the realistic and general consensus (from things I have seen discussed on twitter) is DeRo is going to be around the $200,000 range...I have thus inserted him at that figure and will adjust when we know more

If anyone has a realistic different opinion, I'd be open to discussing it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, we have 2 rosters spots left, and somewhere between 300k and 639k remaining in space? Is that correct?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    so, we have 2 rosters spots left, and somewhere between 300k and 639k remaining in space? Is that correct?
    5 spots
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    300k is the low; due to I think Caldwell's salary number was based on a half year and he is surely worth more than $90k guaranteed, as well as expecting a few others to get minimal raises, and Bendik's number could be more than I guessed. I think 650k is the highest it could be if the cap is based off the base salary only

also don't forget their is allocation, so a players cap hit could be paid down to increase salary room to add a piece or two during the summer when areas of weakness (due to performance/injury) are identified and adressed

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    5 spots
    2 senior roster spots left (those that count under the cap) and 3 developmental roster spots

----

on a side note, does anyone know when Gale Agbossoumonde signed a contract with MLS and

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 senior roster spots left (those that count under the cap) and 3 developmental roster spots
    which means, first 20 highest counts towards the cap. roster spots 21 to 30 has min wage , but they do not have to be exactly min wage

----

on a side note, does anyone know when Gale Agbossoumonde signed a contract with MLS and
    Dec 2012, when MLS held the lottery to allocate Boss to TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good sign all around... having only 2 spots to fill and draft/academy slots to fill all before the January transfer window is remarkable.

I'd really like to see one more Central defender come on board. I still a little worried about defence after almost every one got injured a few years back.

The idea of having a semi functional defence and a semi functional offence... both at the same time has me thrilled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    which means, first 20 highest counts towards the cap. roster spots 21 to 30 has min wage , but they do not have to be exactly min wage
    my understanding of the rules is roster spots 1-20 counts towards the cap (yes the top 20 highest paid), roster spots 21-24 (not 26 like we have) are for people on senior entry level contracts (ie. minimum senior roster salary), and roster spots 25-30 are on developmental contracts (ie. minimimum salary)...but there are so many complex rules we don't know about due to lack of transparency and rules changing on the fly; i have seen other teams who have roster spot 21 on like 60k and stuff

Dec 2012, when MLS held the lottery to allocate Boss to TFC
    oops didn't finish the sentance...was wondering if he was signed to a GA contract...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This is a good sign all around... having only 2 spots to fill and draft/academy slots to fill all before the January transfer window is remarkable.

I'd really like to see one more Central defender come on board. I still a little worried about defence after almost every one got injured a few years back.

The idea of having a semi functional defence and a semi functional offence... both at the same time has me thrilled.
    I think a centre back is exactly what tfc will target in the draft...i personally like the guy from new mexico (Kyle Venter or something) who was almost a GA last year, although i'd be curious to see if the Canadian freshman forward (Cyle Larin?) at UCONN gets a GA deal and if he gets down to TFC

it could very well be more than 2 spots; i don't think everyone is on guaranteed contracts, so we could see someone become a casuality before march 1st ala Matt Stinson last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my understanding of the rules is roster spots 1-20 counts towards the cap (yes the top 20 highest paid), roster spots 21-24 (not 26 like we have) are for people on senior entry level contracts (ie. minimum senior roster salary), and roster spots 25-30 are on developmental contracts (ie. minimimum salary)...but there are so many complex rules we don't know about due to lack of transparency and rules changing on the fly; i have seen other teams who have roster spot 21 on like 60k and stuff
    http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...nd-regulations

oops didn't finish the sentance...was wondering if he was signed to a GA contract...?
    no. Boss makes pittance anyways

I think a centre back is exactly what tfc will target in the draft...i personally like the guy from new mexico (Kyle Venter or something) who was almost a GA last year, although i'd be curious to see if the Canadian freshman forward (Cyle Larin?) at UCONN gets a GA deal and if he gets down to TFC

it could very well be more than 2 spots; i don't think everyone is on guaranteed contracts, so we could see someone become a casuality before march 1st ala Matt Stinson last year.
    I do think you get more value out of drafting defenders than forwards... who is ready from Academy to step up?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roubos most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camargo had 9 goals, 5 assists in 24 games at college...Robous as mentioned...Jordy Hamilton?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for an update?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Time for an update?
    sorry, didn't have internet the last 48 hours...all done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey so just a question.

What is Michael Bradley & Defoe & Julio Cesar salaries for this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Hey so just a question.

What is Michael Bradley & Defoe & Julio Cesar salaries for this year?
    Defoe reportedly $7.5M; Bradley about $6.5M; Cesar reportedly is $6M, but TFC probably isn't paying more than $250k of that...players union didn't release data until May 1st last year...waiting until the players union data comes out to make my next update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated all the cap numbers. Going under the assumption that Jordan Hamilton was signed to one of those HGP GA deals that MLS allows