Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wilmington announcement was for a new logo and website. We'll have to wait a bit more for the partnership if it is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope if a partnership is announced that its only for 1 year, or we are fielding our own USLPro team in 2015. It would be good for the fans and supporters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing that Toronto FC soon will be announcing an affiliation with USL Pro's Wilmington Hammerheads.

https://twitter.com/BrianStraus/stat...20945011044352

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official... 1 year deal which to me says that we will own/operate our own team in 2015

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/01...ers-wilmington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how these partnerships work as far as loaning and recalling players, and the Cap implications?

My head goes to NHL cap-world, where a player's cap hit is only applied pro-rated based on the # of days he is recalled, and does not count on days he is assigned to the minors.

Would MLS work similar?

Someone really needs to infiltrate Garber's office and create a capgeek.com for MLS!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Does anyone know how these partnerships work as far as loaning and recalling players, and the Cap implications?

My head goes to NHL cap-world, where a player's cap hit is only applied pro-rated based on the # of days he is recalled, and does not count on days he is assigned to the minors.

Would MLS work similar?

Someone really needs to infiltrate Garber's office and create a capgeek.com for MLS!!!
    I'm pretty sure there is no limits on sending/recall, as long as MLS domestic transfer window is open.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rollins: Canadians aren't considered foreign players in USL-Pro, so we can send as many as we like to Wilmington.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per Larson, Wilmington and TFC will collaborate on choosing loanees, and loanees will be guaranteed playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...s-free-youtube

seems like a great idea

"Soccer in North America continues to grow in popularity, and with it the demand to watch games.

In response, USL PRO announced Friday every game of the 2014 season, including the playoffs, will be streamed free on YouTube through individual team channels. Additionally, matches will be archived so they can be accessed on-demand by viewers, and the league plans to provide other video highlights on their own YouTube channel."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    As per Larson, Wilmington and TFC will collaborate on choosing loanees, and loanees will be guaranteed playing time.
    Excellent. The USL deal was such a great idea for MLS. Now imagine when TFC fields their own team, they'll have total control over how their young guys get developed. A much needed step between academy and MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about time.

Better late than never. We should plan a Wilmington invasion road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    It's about time.

If the team is run as a development team, I doubt it's everyone's cup of tea. The best players and/or team will not always be on the field. wingers will go 1v1 just to test themselves, defenders will try to play out the back when they haven't developed that skill set - it might not be pretty. I will defintely keep up online though!

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about time.

I would certainly be up for that. We have to support the youngsters and let them know they haven't been forgotten!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about time.

would probably be down... doesn't appear to be far from Myrtle Beach. No schedules out yet though

Alternatively going to rochester for a wilmington away game is another much closer option.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and... we sing TFC songs at Wilmington game? seems a bit disrespectful to Hammerheads

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    would probably be down... doesn't appear to be far from Myrtle Beach. No schedules out yet though

Alternatively going to rochester for a wilmington away game is another much closer option.

I like that idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My four loanees:

Roberts
    Bekker
    Apracio
    Welshman

I know everyone's going to say jayham, but I think they should keep him. He has lots to learn from dero,defoe, and berto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can send AT LEAST ⁴ which in my mind suggests we might send more. No sense in keeping Hamilton if he's not going to play, there will be plenty of time for him to learn from Defoe and Dero

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised if we kept Bekker as he's supposedly shown improvement recently and we will need depth in that position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roberts, Apracio, Welshmen, Hamilton, potentially lovitz, and Eze if they make the club.

I think at times you could see bekker, hagglund heading down for a week or two stint to get a couple games in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel like Hagglund will be down there too tbh, sounds like hes got talent but needs to play at a slightly higher level before coming to MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    My four loanees:

Roberts
    Bekker
    Apracio
    Welshman

I know everyone's going to say jayham, but I think they should keep him. He has lots to learn from dero,defoe, and berto.
    i think jayham sticks around for a lot of the year, but i could see him out on loan for 2 or 3 months (maybe during the world cup break until the tottenham friendly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hagglund might stay just because of our CB depth. If Henry or Caldwell goes down, we put Boss into the starting lineup, then who do we have on the bench as a backup? It would be Hagglund. Only other option is moving Morrow into CB which is less than ideal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about time.

As above, Rochester would be the most likely but imagine revisiting Chareston as their closest rivals Wilmington/TFC...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aparicio, Hamilton, Welshman, Hagglund, Lovitz.

Roberts could go too, but only if he's going to get minutes.
    If he's not going to be playing in Wilmington, there's no point.
    In that case I'd try to find another lower level team somewhere that's looking for a keeper and loan him there.

Eze could go to, depending on how many player the Hammerheads are willing to take, but chances are, as a late supplemental pick, he doesn't even make it that far and gets cut in pre-season.

Bekker could go on a short stint, but I think he sticks for most of the season - Especially since we'll be losing Bradley for a while to Brazil.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker needs to build his confidence. Even if it's bossing around USL players. When Bradley is gone, Bekker returns to TFC. The boy needs to learn to play under pressure, make better decisions and develop composure. If he can do that, he'd be so much better. Technical tools are already at MLS level. It's his mental game that needs work.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...e-agreement-sa

Sacramento affiliated with SJ and Portland

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...e-agreement-sa

Sacramento affiliated with SJ and Portland

Sweet kits.

Another summer of hope!