Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I've heard that the CSA would block any USL-PRO teams playing/setting up in Canada. I wonder if TFC would consider setting up a USL team in or around Buffalo.
    Theres an NPSL (US D4) team in Buffalo, they draw less than 1000 most games. I doubt a USL team would do much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC should just put their own reserve team in the USL Pro. Upgrade one of the fields at Downsview to seat 7000 k. Play there and allow season seat holders of TFC free entry. Their games should be scheduled on weekends that TFC are playing away or during the week when the big club is at home. For those that aren't SSH keep the ticket price low. They will make some money from beer/food sales but most importantly they will have fans at their games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC should choose to put a team in some city that wants a USL franchise. I would suggest London, but I get the feeling that the CSA is getting cold feet on this. TFC may have to set up a team in the US to circumvent the CSA and just "git r dun" I don't think Buffalo would have enough interest, but what about levels of interest in Cleveland, Akron, or Detroit?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....after all these monumental news, I wouldn't be too surprised if TFC fields its own USL pro team. It would go with Super Club Ambitions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    ....after all these monumental news, I wouldn't be too surprised if TFC fields its own USL pro team. It would go with Super Club Ambitions.
    fingers crossed, several people have been suggesting as such with the Hamilton signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    fingers crossed, several people have been suggesting as such with the Hamilton signing
    On last week's Soccer Central Radio, Dichio made note to say he believes players like Hamilton aren't ready for the first team. They need a bit of time at a level like D3. He went on to claim TFC is close to partnering with a USL Pro club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    One would think.

Because of the players/ambitions that are in place for this year, there would be way too potential prospects who I think won't get a sniff this year like the Apracio, Bekker, Welshman, Roberts to name the Canadians few.
    Unless there are some rules or stipulations that will not allow the team to play at lamport or bmo, I say forget that Buffalo FC crap. Even though its close, what is the benefit?

I'm sure the first team doesn't need 4 assistant coaches - the infrastructure IMO is already there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detroit city fc????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    One would think.

Because of the players/ambitions that are in place for this year, there would be way too potential prospects who I think won't get a sniff this year like the Apracio, Bekker, Welshman, Roberts to name the Canadians few.
    Unless there are some rules or stipulations that will not allow the team to play at lamport or bmo, I say forget that Buffalo FC crap. Even though its close, what is the benefit?

I'm sure the first team doesn't need 4 assistant coaches - the infrastructure IMO is already there.
    We were already looking at something like this by moving the Lynx to Hamilton. Why not just keep them in Toronto....or move them into York region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be CHARLESTON BATTERY...Yeah Myrtle Beach SC, There has been history with TFC & Charleston.
    Last edited by tfcmanu; 01-09-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Does Sporting KC have to affiliations with Energy fc and Orlando

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Why Does Sporting KC have to affiliations with Energy fc and Orlando
    Because Orlando is moving up to the MLS for the 2015 season and they were their affiliate last year, so beginning in 2015 OKC will be their sole affiliate.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since Orlando is going into MLS, SKC had to find another affilate. OKC is closer to them anyways so it's easier to keep tabs on players. <edit: D'Oh! Ninja'd.>

And Charleston would be a good choice because Porter flies direct to Myrtle Beach, but I'd still prefer someplace closer to Toronto. Unfortunately, Anselmi et al were incompetent so other teams snapped up the teams closest to them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Well, since Orlando is going into MLS, SKC had to find another affilate. OKC is closer to them anyways so it's easier to keep tabs on players. <edit: D'Oh! Ninja'd.>

And Charleston would be a good choice because Porter flies direct to Myrtle Beach, but I'd still prefer someplace closer to Toronto. Unfortunately, Anselmi et al were incompetent so other teams snapped up the teams closest to them.
    I think Charleston is affiliated with Vancouver
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not According to the chart
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think Charleston is affiliated with Vancouver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rollins saying our affiliate will be the Wilmington Hammerheads.

Link

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling for 2013 we'll be like SKC and split over two clubs (sharing with another MLS team) and then hopefully help launch our own affiliate for 2015.

I say sign with Orlando and Charleston (sharing with SKC for the latter).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Not According to the chart
    Caps sent bunch of their youngsters down to Charleston for 2013. I wouldn't be surprised if this became a formal relationship sooner or later.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I have a feeling for 2013 we'll be like SKC and split over two clubs (sharing with another MLS team) and then hopefully help launch our own affiliate for 2015.

I say sign with Orlando and Charleston (sharing with SKC for the latter).
    I think the rule is, USL team can affiliate with only 1 MLS team

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/1/9...ads-of-usl-pro

WTR has it as Wilmington Hammerheads

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.........wikipedia says artificial turf at their home field but then so would have been the field in Hamilton.

Edit: http://www.wilmingtonhammerheads.com/stadium.html says its grass.

Soccer specific stadium

$12 for General Admision. Season runs April to August.

FWIW, Myrtle Beach is about the same distance from Wilmington.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-09-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wilmington Hammerheads teasing about some news coming out today on their twitter page. Official announcement of TFC-Wilmington partnership coming?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Wilmington Hammerheads teasing about some news coming out today on their twitter page. Official announcement of TFC-Wilmington partnership coming?
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...s-free-youtube

All USL games to be streamed free on youtube. So all the TFC geeks can keep tabs of on loan players (if Wilmington is official affiliate)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw that also. I'll be getting my geek on this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All USL games to be streamed free on youtube. So all the TFC geeks can keep tabs of on loan players (if Wilmington is official affiliate)
    Also depending on the date, we could all head down to Rochester when Wilmington is in town and give our lads a big RPB welcome.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Because Orlando is moving up to the MLS for the 2015 season and they were their affiliate last year, so beginning in 2015 OKC will be their sole affiliate.
    But ... from http://www.okcnasl2015.com/
    On July 25, 2013, the North American Soccer League Board of Governors unanimously approved a new expansion franchise for Oklahoma City, scheduled to begin play at the renovated Taft Stadium in Spring 2015.

Would they have two teams?
    Last edited by Mark in Ottawa; 01-17-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NASL was doing this last season and is moving to a paid subscription service ($5 USD per month) for 2014.