Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS 2014 USL Pro Clubs

It seems FC Dallas and another unnamed club will be the first to enter USL pro culbs.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-falling-place

I wonder if TFC is going to field a reserve team in the USLpro.
    I think this set up will be beneficial for the larger markets, and for the smaller ones (example; RSL) they can revert to the affiliation.

IMO, this will help with the development gap between the ages of 19-24

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    I wonder if TFC is going to field a reserve team in the USLpro.
    That's the plan - they're going to move the Lynx to Hamilton and run them as USL Pro franchise out of the new stadium. I think there was a thread on one of the blogs that had an entire set of documentation of what went before Hamilton city council for a vote. Can't remember where I saw it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And deafly silence since. Don't look like goer !!

If the other MLS teams take their reserve teams into USL Pro, who will our reserve team play ?
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 11-26-2013 at 01:54 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sacramento supposedly in partnership with Portland

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2013/11...chise-has.html
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_Ent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton_Dutch_Lions

There was whispers & write up that TFC would partner up with DAYTON DUTCH LIONS in 2010!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_Ent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton_Dutch_Lions

There was whispers & write up that TFC would partner up with DAYTON DUTCH LIONS in 2010!!!!
    Always thought that connection had something to do with Winter and De Klerk?

I'd prefer something closer to home like Hamilton or Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question to TFC FO:

Are you willing to sacrifice a year's worth of development / much-needed minutes while you wait for Hamilton to come to fruition?

I'm sure there is much more going on underneath it all and I truly hope TFC thinks, or knows, Hamilton will happen by the spring. Otherwise, why not sign a one-year deal with another club as a buffer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm sure Ottawa Fury would take a couple of players on loan - not too many as they want a core of their own players, but it would be a higher level of play that USL PRO. In theory, anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Lynx's plans for relocation are going to be nixed by Hamilton City Council, according to http://www.hamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/...253PW13095.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argh, that gets me steamed. The Ti-Cats don't have the expertise to build a soccer team, so it looks like the stadium is now going to be underutilized for the sake of the CFL. What really gets me is this line repeated several times in the document:
    "The City is committed to presenting the highest level of soccer in the Stadium."

The highest level is MLS and they aren't ever going to get that. The best they can hope for is NASL, which I guess isn't a bad thing if Quebec City and Calgary (and hopefully Winnipeg) also get NASL teams. 3 Div I, 5-6 Div II, and teams in Div III semi-pro regional leagues don't looks so bad. Heck, it would be better than anything we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Looks like the Lynx's plans for relocation are going to be nixed by Hamilton City Council, according to http://www.hamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/...253PW13095.pdf
    Well, this is very unfortunate. But after digesting Hamilton's reasons, I understand where they are coming from. They didn't spend all that money on a new venue just to fill it with an average USL Pro crowd of approx. 2500.

I guess it's NASL or bust for them. But, I hope they realize that there is a limit to Canadian teams in NASL.

I won't lie, times like this I wish I had millions to blow on a 6000 seat stadium to plop in a burb somewhere and bring (forgive the hockey comparison) OHL-quality D3 soccer to Ontario. I believe proper venues, just like in MLS, will be a key contributor to D3 success around here. Come to think of it, the Lynx and TFC should just link up and built a tiny stadium at Downsview. Why the heck not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League 1 Ontario "semi pro" any one ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Well, this is very unfortunate. But after digesting Hamilton's reasons, I understand where they are coming from. They didn't spend all that money on a new venue just to fill it with an average USL Pro crowd of approx. 2500.

I guess it's NASL or bust for them. But, I hope they realize that there is a limit to Canadian teams in NASL.

I won't lie, times like this I wish I had millions to blow on a 6000 seat stadium to plop in a burb somewhere and bring (forgive the hockey comparison) OHL-quality D3 soccer to Ontario. I believe proper venues, just like in MLS, will be a key contributor to D3 success around here. Come to think of it, the Lynx and TFC should just link up and built a tiny stadium at Downsview. Why the heck not?
    I'm with you on this one. A few more small venues could work wonders.

TFC needs to keep digging on this one and potentially find a new location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the route of affiliating with existing USLpro teams is the affordable alternative route. It is basically going 50% of trying to improve your development system, because you can't afford to go 100%. Rogers has the money, and Leiweke seems like he has some money to splash to setup the proper infrastructure for Toronto, so why not do things right?

They need to field their own USLpro reserve team, where games are played at downsview (wasn't there suppose to be a grandstand built), they can control, track, and progress development instead of this loan out 5 players 1,500km away; "monitor" their development from a distance(scoring?assists?clean sheets?) and then hope that atleast 1 is "performing".

IMO, based on the talent that is in the GTA, Toronto could put a strong USLPro team where they can sign 12 players to USLpro 2 year contracts.
    The team could consist of:
    • Top local players (4)
    • Scholarship players(young scouted prospect international players where they are on a TFC university scholarship, and signed for the reserve team. (3)
    • Graduated Academy Players (5)

Too much young GTA talent goes to waste because there isn't the proper pyramid in place for a professional football club that has access to over 150,000 players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and also I think its wayyy to early for Canadian pro teams to be affiliating with each other. Toronto - Hamilton wouldn't help with the creation of the supporter culture, when to fans it would be your rivals far team

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/42...ton-next-year/

No go For Lynx - TFC in the Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is going the PDL route and after the Lynx issue, I suspect we'll be doing the same.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...dl-next-season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...to-republic-fc

Portland and Sacramento 'official'

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/beat/20...usl-team-plans

LA expecting USL pro team for 2014

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://soccer.si.com/2013/12/18/mls-...ento-oklahoma/

Must read. Lots of info on latest happenings with USL Pro. USL is making a big push in next 2 years. (First one to suggest pro/rel gets a falconpunch to the nuts)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope TFC just gets their own PDL team and have them play at Lamport Stadium or BMO field. Let Hamilton try to get into NASL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think they are trying to set up a OPDL team if im not mistaken

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian D3 is never going to catch up with US D3, and if I was Canadian MLS teams, I'd reject any notion of putting a team in Canadian D3 league.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really bummed that Hamilton didn't work out, although it's understandable why they rejected it. TFC (and MTL/VAN) really need to operate their own USL team in Canada. It would be huge for club and country. We need as many professional clubs as we can get, and this MLS-USL partnership is a great way to become part of an established league.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    I was really bummed that Hamilton didn't work out, although it's understandable why they rejected it. TFC (and MTL/VAN) really need to operate their own USL team in Canada. It would be huge for club and country. We need as many professional clubs as we can get, and this MLS-USL partnership is a great way to become part of an established league.
    Not me. Being a TFC affiliate it would never garner the local support the local soccer culture deserves. Sure, you'd get some TFC supporters coming out to watch the youth/loanees, but mostly only out of curiosity. The team would have moved within the first couple of years anyway.

There's a thread knocking about over on the Voyageurs forum, which quotes another thread, that has Bob Young stating there's work being done in the background to bring top-flight soccer to Hamilton, but not until after the Pan Ams.

Read - NASL.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Canadian D3 is never going to catch up with US D3, and if I was Canadian MLS teams, I'd reject any notion of putting a team in Canadian D3 league.

I've heard that the CSA would block any USL-PRO teams playing/setting up in Canada. I wonder if TFC would consider setting up a USL team in or around Buffalo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they would make an exception if it were owned or operated by one of the MLS clubs? Didn't TFC have a letter from the CSA supporting the Hamilton USL initiative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CSA did some backtracking when the conucil in Hamilton were discussing the plans. Said they would only consider it or something to that effect.