RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers and thanks D; quiet here today so just a note of appreciation for the effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ement-tuesday-

Orlando is about to be announced as the next MLS expansion team....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there it is...

2015? Same time as NYCFC? I don't think they're planning on an odd number of teams in 2015. Why am I betting that they add an additional team some time in the next 6 months so they're also ready for 2015? I'm betting Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So one more team to help dilute the market for domestic players. One more team to make it even harder to win the league as well - considering the parity. Oh goody. Let's have a 50 team league. Meanwhile our salary cap is so tiny we're paying guys around minimum wage to run around and play football for an average 18k attendance in this league. Up that salary cap so we at least can bring in much better foreign players, so we at least can help improve the product on the field a bit. Wouldn't hurt to have available cash to pay our young talent a bit more as well. No one should entertain thousands on a weekly basis and get paid less than your average office clerk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    So one more team to help dilute the market for domestic players. One more team to make it even harder to win the league as well - considering the parity. Oh goody. Let's have a 50 team league. Meanwhile our salary cap is so tiny we're paying guys around minimum wage to run around and play football for an average 18k attendance in this league. Up that salary cap so we at least can bring in much better foreign players, so we at least can help improve the product on the field a bit. Wouldn't hurt to have available cash to pay our young talent a bit more as well. No one should entertain thousands on a weekly basis and get paid less than your average office clerk.
    very true....this diluted product will hurt MLS in attaining recognition as a major world league , there simply isn't enough talent . So thats why TL is pushin g the entertainment factor, `star`DP`s , forget about the team. I am really getting worried that there will always be BS associated with this league/team.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    very true....this diluted product will hurt MLS in attaining recognition as a major world league , there simply isn't enough talent . So thats why TL is pushin g the entertainment factor, `star`DP`s , forget about the team. I am really getting worried that there will always be BS associated with this league/team.
    now that youth academies are turning out HG players, combined with NCAA draft, there is enough players to go around. raw, but IMO more talented than before.

and with more recognition of MLS as a legit league worldwide, more int players will give MLS a chance.

i wouldn't worry about talent dilution.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^hopefully, but I feel the minimum salary must go up to keep the rookie talent stable and make it easier to want to set one's sights as a future career in MLS.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ^hopefully, but I feel the minimum salary must go up to keep the rookie talent stable and make it easier to want to set one's sights as a future career in MLS.
    MLS players get $500 living expense allowance per month (though not sure if this is league wide) and a per diem travel expense money, pending on how many days they are on the road. (MLS refs get $65 bucks per day as of 2011)

So, min wage guys should get a bump in raise, but they aren't living in poverty or anything, if they are wise with their money.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano