RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eto'o.

I suppose that would sell shirts.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to believe that there is method to TL's madness. By all these leaks being released, they are keeping TFC in the news, creating buzz and hopefully further interest in the club among both players and fans. It's like this is an advertising ploy to the world football community as a whole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Eto'o.

I suppose that would sell shirts.
    Wonder how many the shirt press folks would misspell. I remember a few years back I had a massive argument with them as they were spelling Serioux wrong on my jersey. Best part was that they didn't think he was a player. They thought it was my name as Serioux wasn't on the team list they had in their booth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eto'o is probably a good deal. I wont expect anything magical from him with only Mattias Laba in the midfield. It would be a good signing, it just gives you a 'maybe' feeling but I would not buy tickets just because Eto'o is on board.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm starting to believe that there is method to TL's madness. By all these leaks being released, they are keeping TFC in the news, creating buzz and hopefully further interest in the club among both players and fans. It's like this is an advertising ploy to the world football community as a whole.
    Oscar Wilde said the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, however this is not the entire quote (it has been taken out of context).

It is not widely known that he was addressing a small audience of friends at the time, and quietly muttered "unless, of course, you are referring to Toronto Footballing Club of the future. It occurs to me to suggest those sad bastards remain anonymous"
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's had some high profile. But if TL is looking in the Beckham'ish stratosphere, Eto'o is not it. We're the faithful, we'll know a good footballer when we see one. The rest of the stadium will need a bigger marketing draw.