Page 213 of 215 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 6437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'd take Haber on the cheap if we're desperate. And I mean a month into the season and Gilberto goes down OR if he's super cheap, which he might be. But honestly, I was never much impressed before he left for Europe and I haven't watched him play since. When was his last national team call up, anyway?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw is a terrible idea he commands way too much salary as a depth forward and his play is disappointing anyway. Giving Laba away was very frustrating what a win for Vancouver and now with Morales they look as good as us up the middle for a fraction of the drama, money, and risk. Their surplus of young talent is also infinitely better than ours, it's too bad we didn't try give Laba with no strings and Morgan, for Salgado. They need D depth. Manneh is more of a fair trade but TFC's circus forced the sell low.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TFC could have had Manneh, a Gen Adidas player with no budget charge, at the 2013 draft. They had the 4th overall pick but traded down... and down ... for allocation money and took Welshman... whom they promptly released a year later.

Manneh was drafted at #4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian 2h Dan Lovitz has signed for Toronto FC and will be going on loan to Wilmington. #TFC #MLS

Expected after Lambe was cut. Roberts, Hamilton, and Aparicio are locks to go to Wilmington. Hagglund is also likely, but maybe Nelson wants to keep him around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian 2h Dan Lovitz has signed for Toronto FC and will be going on loan to Wilmington. #TFC #MLS

Expected after Lambe was cut. Roberts, Hamilton, and Aparicio are locks to go to Wilmington. Hagglund is also likely, but maybe Nelson wants to keep him around.
    Lovitz had a knee injury from the combine and into camp. So hard to gauge him but most scouts said he was a steal in the second round. Some of his game tape is filthy good.
    Very left foot limited. Sounds like a smart kid as well. Honestly Im hopeful for him to be a real solid MLSer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Lovitz had a knee injury from the combine and into camp. So hard to gauge him but most scouts said he was a steal in the second round. Some of his game tape is filthy good.
    Very left foot limited. Sounds like a smart kid as well. Honestly Im hopeful for him to be a real solid MLSer.
    At least these kids will get playing time, likely TFC will have decent game tapes to make solid judgements from. A notch up from the reserve league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there are 5 starters on Wilmington who are tfc roster players that would be a very promising start to develop depth in the 22- 30 depth positions. Ultimately development success would create competition for under performing , more expensive roster players in the 12 - 22 positions on the roster. This should ultimately make them better or see them replaced.

On topic of competition who has pushed out lambe? Obviously signing Jackson pushed him down the depth chart and I suppose dero to some extent. Who is the lambe replacement on the depth chart or is this just a tactical move to free up international roster spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I still think we do need a couple more depth players, but our depth that we currently have is a hell of a lot better than the start of last season. Now we have DeRo as depth striker instead of Braun, and Hall as depth instead of Dunfield, and Morgan in place of (nobody? we didn't have depth LB last season?!).
    That is encouraging, but the depth for forward with dike is gone. Shocking rule that a player before seasons start would count against the cap. That seems to be punishment for random bad luck.
    this.

need Caldwell backup and striker backup who can be a target man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance Hagglund is going anywhere after the preseason he had. I personally have him third on our CB depth chart.

I'd like to think Roberts and Hamilton will go but Wilmington is still a professional team and they have a say in who they take. They're not going to take them if they aren't good enough. It concerns me Hamilton got no minutes in preseason... is he not ready? I'm wondering if he'll just stick to training with us all year. Aparicio is a solid bet to head down there however, I think all the minutes he got were to show Wilmington what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It concerns me Hamilton got no minutes in preseason... is he not ready? I'm wondering if he'll just stick to training with us all
    I an not concerned, more surprised. He got more minutes in preseason two years ago as a 15 year old. He had also been playing in reserve matches since then. I really don't know he wasn't given a bit off a run out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Hamilton get into the Fog game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Didn't Hamilton get into the Fog game?
    Maybe, I could have forgot that. Still, that's not much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Hamilton is injured. In all the training footage he was usually off to the side working on his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Maybe, I could have forgot that. Still, that's not much.
    Hamilton was sitting in the bleachers with the other injured guys for the 3 games I saw at Disney. He has a slight knock and was really pissed that he did not have the opportunity to take advantage of the absence of the injured and missing forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund is also likely, but maybe Nelson wants to keep him around.
    I'd expect he'll hang around as an extra depth option at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    I don't think wing is our weakest spot personally.

Rey and Jackson as starters with DeRo and Osario ready to step into that position if needed.

Meanwhile at CB???

What about stiker??

Im much less worried about the wings than I am about up top and at the back.
    If Osorio plays on the wing, then Hall is playing central mid. If you have to move your starting central midfielder to the wing because there is no one else, that's a very weak position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So by my estimation, we have a few roster spots still open, including a couple of international slots. We also need depth at the CB, DM, CF positions and on the flanks.

It's been quiet on the managerial front, but I would like to think that they are not done bolstering the roster. We are 2-3 key injuries away from being in serious trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    So by my estimation, we have a few roster spots still open, including a couple of international slots. We also need depth at the CB, DM, CF positions and on the flanks.

It's been quiet on the managerial front, but I would like to think that they are not done bolstering the roster. We are 2-3 key injuries away from being in serious trouble.
    I wonder if we actually have any cap space left to add another player? Dropping Reggie Lambe to be cap compliant doesn't give me much hope that we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I wonder if we actually have any cap space left to add another player? Dropping Reggie Lambe to be cap compliant doesn't give me much hope that we do.
    Bez said in an interview recently that we do still have cap flexibilty to add player(s)... but you're right, the message in the reporting on Lambe is concerning, and seems to contradict Bez's earlier statements.

(unless releasing Lambe was part of the "Flexibility" he was talking about?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Bez said in an interview recently that we do still have cap flexibilty to add player(s)... but you're right, the message in the reporting on Lambe is concerning, and seems to contradict Bez's earlier statements.

(unless releasing Lambe was part of the "Flexibility" he was talking about?)
    The release of Reggie may just add more room then we already had to add more then one (hence adding to Bez's comments)

But like everythig with this team we have to wait and see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Nelsen is saying we might be without Defoe, Gilberto, Bradley, Orr and Morrow for the season opener?!!! Did we specifically target injured players in the off season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Nelsen is saying we might be without Defoe, Gilberto, Bradley, Orr and Morrow for the season opener?!!! Did we specifically target injured players in the off season?
    Wow. If that is the case, we will get slaughtered in Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad that's the game on US national television....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Defoe and Gilberto don't surprise me, but dang...Bradley too?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mah - I'm not concerned... yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is that? Can't see anything on twitter or facebook.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Larson tweeted it out on his account.

Defoe, Bradley and Gilberto were the names I saw as doubtful for the season opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Mah - I'm not concerned... yet.
    If this brings closer Nelson replacement, neither am I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Where is that? Can't see anything on twitter or facebook.
    Please let him be joking or just trying to throw off Seattle?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now i see it...thanks.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 27m Nelsen stressed idea is to have his DPs for the whole season, not just first 2-3 games.

Long haul thinking. Which leads me to believe that TL and TB are not expecting this team to gel until May. That would mean RN here until at least July, for those who want to see him gone ASAP.