Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,360 of 6437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Highly unlikely but I would love to see Camilo suit up for the reds.
    However bogus MLS rules may be he disrespected the club and its fans in addition to trying to screw the league out of a transfer etc.

We don't need more scumbags looking to jump ship the second they become decent, I mean we have players like Laba who would kill to stay in T.O, lets keep that attitude going.

Sure he probably deserved a raise, but he went about in the most backasswards way possible.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-05-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the squad is looking a touch thin right now. Even if all of the injuries clear up, we should be looking to make some depth signings in the next month or two. We are stacked in goal. Defensive depth is looking strange and weak. We have 3 arguably 4 RBs, 2 LBs and 2, maybe 4 CBs. This could take some time to sort out. I would like to see Richter and/or Bloom traded or upgraded for a quality CB. Midfield is looking great as far as starters are concerned, but depth is kind of scary. We have 2 great wingers but now no real backups for the top guys. Apparicio is one reserve, but could be loaned or is maybe a bit raw. Forward also looks great for the starting pair but again, the depth is bothersome. With Dike, DeRo and Wieds, plus one youngster as our depth throughout the whole season, we would have been in awesome shape.

I would like to see us sign another depth or starting CB, one or two good backup wingers (Nakajima-Farran would be awesome) one solid striker to replace Dike (Earnshaw would be awesome to bring back now) and either Eze or another depth forward.

The club is probably waiting to finalize whom we send to Wilmington and then hopefully they will start to fill some of these gaps.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody who expects Tim Bez to thumb his nose at MLS by getting Camilo is kidding themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look soccer is a business, and these guys have a specific skill for only a few years, treating Camillo, would be no different than treating Dero, 20 plus goals specifically in the MLS is nothing to sneeze at. Both Tims and Ryan want a winner bankroll it and make it happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    However bogus MLS rules may be he disrespected the club and its fans in addition to trying to screw the league out of a transfer etc.

We don't need more scumbags looking to jump ship the second they become decent, I mean we have players like Laba who would kill to stay in T.O, lets keep that attitude going.

Sure he probably deserved a raise, but he went about in the most backasswards way possible.
    100% Agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody who expects Tim Bez to thumb his nose at MLS by getting Camilo is kidding themselves.
    It's all moot anyway.

A) Unless Queretaro has already paid the transfer fee, Vancouver would retain his rights.
    B) If Vancouver has been paid and we had first pick, I doubt we'd take him. He'll want to start as a striker, because he doesn't like playing wide and is less effective there, and we have two DP strikers already. You don't sign the league golden boot winner to a deal as a winger.

Then there's all the reputation stuff; never happen (which is exactly what I said about Michael Bradley two months ago, prescient soul that I am).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS has to approve all contracts. And I don't think MLS wants to re-sign a player who publically told MLS to f--- off, and made the next round of CBA negotiation harder than it already is. Re-signing Camilo will just encourage other players to flout MLS.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reggie Lambe is released!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!!

Sorry if this was already posted, I just didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Reggie Lambe is released!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!!

Sorry if this was already posted, I just didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
    Took long enough. Phew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our FO has stated that the want to send some players to the Hammerheads for playing time. While they are loaned, their cap hit will be removed correct?

If so, why not loan them before the compliance date, to be able to sign short-term depth in their place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Our FO has stated that the want to send some players to the Hammerheads for playing time. While they are loaned, their cap hit will be removed correct?

If so, why not loan them before the compliance date, to be able to sign short-term depth in their place.
    Because any players loaned out would be from roster spots 20-28 and thusly not count against the cap anyway. No savings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Because any players loaned out would be from roster spots 20-28 and thusly not count against the cap anyway. No savings.
    exactamundo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Makes sense. Figured there was a reason TB didn't think of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keeping a look out here...we really need some depth...hoping it will come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think we do need a couple more depth players, but our depth that we currently have is a hell of a lot better than the start of last season. Now we have DeRo as depth striker instead of Braun, and Hall as depth instead of Dunfield, and Morgan in place of (nobody? we didn't have depth LB last season?!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of bringing Earnshaw back for some depth, but sadly I think that ship has sailed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really don't have any backup wingers as far as I can see. Jackson and Rey, then what? At least in the middle we have Hall and Bekker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^As much as I like Earnshaw, and truly feel he didn't achieve what he's capable of last season due to not getting enough service, he's really not what we need at this point. All our strikers are in a similar mold, now that Dike is out. We need a physical presence up front who can hold the ball up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^As much as I like Earnshaw, and truly feel he didn't achieve what he's capable of last season due to not getting enough service, he's really not what we need at this point. All our strikers are in a similar mold, now that Dike is out. We need a physical presence up front who can hold the ball up.
    Rob Friend would have fit the bill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winger is where we are weakest depth wise, I would agree. You could argue that DeRo or Oso could cover wide if needed?

Our current roster needs few injuries to be strong this year. An injury to Caldwell, Bradley, Defoe could be extremely difficult to cover (worst would be Caldwell IMO).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Toronto FC could not afford this under the current salary cap restrictions, but what about bringing Junior Hoilett in on loan from QPR. He's trained with TFC before and knows Ryan Nelson, plus he would solve our lack of depth on the wings. Just fantasy on my part, and i'm sure QPR would be unwilling to let him go, but it isn't so far fetched of an idea I think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before Julio Cesar I would have said not a chance.

Now I would say not much of a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be a smart buy actually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Winger is where we are weakest depth wise, I would agree. You could argue that DeRo or Oso could cover wide if needed?

Our current roster needs few injuries to be strong this year. An injury to Caldwell, Bradley, Defoe could be extremely difficult to cover (worst would be Caldwell IMO).

I don't think wing is our weakest spot personally.

Rey and Jackson as starters with DeRo and Osario ready to step into that position if needed.

Meanwhile at CB???

What about stiker??

Im much less worried about the wings than I am about up top and at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would sign Ben Fisk as a depth winger. Next I'd look for a Bright Dike replacement and try to upgrade the defence. This team is very thin at the moment with not a single decent forward sub option outside of Dero,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan Lovitz is signed and heading to Wilmington as per Armen. There's our Lambe replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would anyone be interested in signing Marcus Haber? Contract with Stevenage is up this July and they are looking like they'll be relegated from League One. I think he could be a solid option to back up Defoe and Gilberto, he's got the size that TFC needs up top and is a Canadian so he wouldn't take up an international spot.

maybe even look to David Edgar as his contract is also up in July. He could be brought in permanently or more likely as he'll probably resign at Burnley on a loan during the off season to keep in shape
    Last edited by Wolfe; 03-06-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Dan Lovitz is signed and heading to Wilmington as per Armen. There's our Lambe replacement.
    Strange one, I didn't really rate what I saw in preseason, but I suppose we didn't get to see much of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Would anyone be interested in signing Marcus Haber? Contract with Stevenage is up this July and they are looking like they'll be relegated from League One. I think he could be a solid option to back up Defoe and Gilberto, he's got the size that TFC needs up top and is a Canadian so he wouldn't take up an international spot
    True about the roster spot but unfortunately he is pretty much crap. Never managed anything on any level including the sub basement of English pro football.