Page 102 of 215 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 6437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started 21 games last year, from the few games I did check out they deployed him on the left side.

This seems to be more of a Morgan upgrade than a Henry upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly backup for Caldwell too. If Caldwell goes down, Morrow can be moved to the middle with Morgan coming in at LB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Started 21 games last year, from the few games I did check out they deployed him on the left side.

This seems to be more of a Morgan upgrade than a Henry upgrade.
    Looks that way for sure. This Elmer deal looks more and more dodgy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elmer is now officially a waste of an international roster spot. Based on his contract status, can he be released without his salary counting against the cap, or would he have to be traded for cap relief?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about this guy, but from watching SJ on occasion their fullbacks tend to be one of the better parts of their team.

Feel free to toss us Beitashour as well

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fring USMNT LB in his prime years on 130k is good deal. Morrow is a similar type of FB as Morgan. Big warning sign as he went from being an all star and USMNT call ups in 2012 to losing his spot in 2013 with SJ. terrible first touch, esp when dribbling and positioning problems. (sounds just like Morgan!) Though he can fill in as speedy sweeper type CB in a pinch, but I think Nelsen is going for LB for Morrow. If Morrow is half decent, he'd have been a lock for LB for USMNT.... Well liked by Quakes supporters and does stuff for community.

Elmer's days with TFC are numbered.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's right footed though actually and maybe he's more an upgrade for Bloom. Could it be he was played out of position at San Jose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A loan back to Europe for Elmer, maybe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    A loan back to Europe for Elmer, maybe?
    Not that it would happen but if any lower level English squads actually wanted Eck then we could transfer him there (for a bag of balls or something) and then buy out Elmer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    He's right footed though actually and maybe he's more an upgrade for Bloom. Could it be he was played out of position at San Jose?
    got his all star and USMNT call up playing LB. I don't think you can say he's being played out of position
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not that it would happen but if any lower level English squads actually wanted Eck then we could transfer him there (for a bag of balls or something) and then buy out Elmer.
    That's not a bad shout actually. If they were going to buy him out or find a trade partner, surely it would have happned by now given how active the market has been.

Maybe they are waiting till the European Window to open to get the two of them out.

Is there a buyout window in MLS or can they be done at any time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow is an undersized CB. Hes under 5'9, but can manage, you just don't want him as CB full time. Type of guy that if he was 6'2, 6'3, hed be a starting CB for the US national team.

I like the pickup. Now I want to see if the coaches are set on Bloom (they were very high on him), or if they bring in reinforcements for the right side as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not a bad shout actually. If they were going to buy him out or find a trade partner, surely it would have happned by now given how active the market has been.

Maybe they are waiting till the European Window to open to get the two of them out.

I think we can only do one though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    got his all star and USMNT call up playing LB. I don't think you can say he's being played out of position
    He's not positionally weak; he played defensive mid several times as a fill in last season and did pretty well. And he can use both feet, which might be why he's played left back at San Jose. He can actually play anywhere on the line.

To get Justin Morrow for allocation money is a steal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    He probably has a good left foot much like Klute as well. My preference would be that he is deployed on the right for his natural foot and play ahead of Bloom. Unless they can find another decent fullback of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He comes with a 130,000 price tag, which will surely be bumped up a bit this season.

That is a pretty large chunk for a FB. I liked the look of Alston maybe joining, but I guess it was an either or situation.

I don't think you add anymore at the back for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reaction from SJ supporters on the web is unanimous disappointment. San Jose owes us big time for stealing Cronin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I saw it was that it seemed like they were putting a ton of work in trying to find Ecks a trade or any option to avoid buying him out. I assume we aren't just being cheap, because we have all the cash in the world. I would then assume they are trying to save the buyout for something else. Maybe Elmer is the reason. Looked like Payne brought him in impulsively.
    Morgan just can't catch a break. Basically can confirm Nelsen doesnt rate him well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think (hope?) this is a likely situation for Ecks.

Bez has hinted several times this off-season about trying to find a team to take Ecks, rather than buying him out.
    If he can make that happen, it would leave the buy-out for Elmer.

Or if he can find teams to take them both, even better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can only do one though.
    Yep only one buyout and it's going to be Ecks. I doubt we could trade him at all with his outrageous cap hit.

Elmer is also on a guaranteed contract so we can't buy him out unless we want it on the cap. We might be able to move him if there's someone desperate enough to take him. Another doggy move by the old regime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Morrow was usually a solid pick for me in Fantasy League last year when SJ went on their SS run. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Since he was traded for allocation, I wonder if SJ is clearing some cap space to bring in a DP or other big $ signing (or picking up someone in round 2 of the re-entry draft)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who has more confidence in Bez now? I do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Good pickup. Primarily LB, but can play CB too. Wonder what this means for Elmer.
    Can we move Elmer up into the midfield on the left as a depth player behind Rey? His strength was getting forward. However, would prefer to trade him. I believe we are locked into him for next year and cannot be released

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow is a solid pick up. I see no reason why he can't play either full back position here.

Regarding the discussion on the past couple pages about De Rosario's style, I think he's at a point in his career where he needs to seriously consider reinventing himself into a deeper lying midfielder if he wants to extend his career. I don't know if he has the mentality for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I like the fact that SJ fans don't like losing Morrow....good sign. Obviously they needed the money and had some redundancy in that position. I am kind of looking forward to this upcoming year more than I usually do in the off season. Hope everything pulls together nicely and hope there is no pressure on the management to get DeRo just because he is DeRo. New management should be smarter and only bring him in if he fits the plan and will have the right attitude. If it was the old regime they would give him a big paycheck to come back because they were trying to please the fans....remember Beirne in the townhall when being questioned about the move to bring JDG I think it was "well you guys wanted him"...ooohhh the bad memories...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Well I like the fact that SJ fans don't like losing Morrow....good sign. Obviously they needed the money and had some redundancy in that position. I am kind of looking forward to this upcoming year more than I usually do in the off season. Hope everything pulls together nicely and hope there is no pressure on the management to get DeRo just because he is DeRo. New management should be smarter and only bring him in if he fits the plan and will have the right attitude. If it was the old regime they would give him a big paycheck to come back because they were trying to please the fans....remember Beirne in the townhall when being questioned about the move to bring JDG I think it was "well you guys wanted him"...ooohhh the bad memories...
    Which stands as about the lamest excuse any manager or leader could ever provide. My greatest annoyance has been when people have tried to shift this clubs failures back onto the fans.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-17-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to call it now. DeRo will be selected by TFC tomorrow in the second round of the re-entry draft and sign a 1-2 year deal worth 150-200K per season including a guaranteed job within the organization after he retires.

Despite the animosity that still exists towards him from many hard core supporters, the general sentiment among the casual fan base is that his departure was the biggest mistake in the history of the franchise. Reacquiring him will definitely help sell tickets, as much as signing a big name DP in my opinion. Leiweke and Bez are well aware of that, and as long as DeRo isn't unrealistic about his worth or his role on the club, it's a slam dunk.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I am going to call it now. DeRo will be selected by TFC tomorrow in the second round of the re-entry draft and sign a 1-2 year deal worth 150-200K per season including a guaranteed job within the organization after he retires.

Despite the animosity that still exists towards him from many hard core supporters, the general sentiment among the casual fan base is that his departure was the biggest mistake in the history of the franchise. Reacquiring him will definitely help sell tickets, as much as signing a big name DP in my opinion. Leiweke and Bez are well aware of that, and as long as DeRo isn't unrealistic about his worth or his role on the club, it's a slam dunk.
    I think it's risky. The one ability DeRo hasn't lost despite his age is to be a mouthy cancer in the locker room. What's to say he won't come back only to shit-disturb and act like he's owed something more than just his salary and whatever tack-ons they offer him?

I like looking forward rather than back, so this has me a bit worried. Good on Morrow, though. No complaints there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDamage View Post
    I think it's risky. The one ability DeRo hasn't lost despite his age is to be a mouthy cancer in the locker room. What's to say he won't come back only to shit-disturb and act like he's owed something more than just his salary and whatever tack-ons they offer him?

I like looking forward rather than back, so this has me a bit worried. Good on Morrow, though. No complaints there.
    100% agree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on DeRo; if he comes in and performs similar to how he did last season then he'll be fine with a reduced role and pay. However, if he regains some form and say Gilberto takes time to adjust to MLS and has a rough start then I wouldn't be surprised if locker room cancer DeRo returns once again and we get treated to more stories of jumping over pool tables to avoid gun shots and cheque cashing gestures again. He isn't a big gamble production-wise but a huge one personality-wise. A guy like that can make a good squad go boom in a hurry if he lets his attitude lead the way.