Page 97 of 215 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 6437
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    The former Impact player who was linked to the manager's gig until Schallibaum was hired? Why would he leave Inter...or Italy...to be an assistant anywhere in MLS? I get the Inter-DC link - but what a demotion. Especially to work with such a green head coach like Ben Olson at DC, as the link speculates, or here with Nelsen?

If he comes to MLS at all, my money is with Montreal or Vancouver; the two clubs hiring.
    Montreal is supposedly not fired Schallibaum.. yet. Carl Robinson is supposedly hired at Vancouver. Good for him. I hate to see him managing the Shitecaps, but Robbo deserves his chance.

What are the odds of Concina getting a head coaching gig in Italy or Europe? Seems pretty competitive there... Concina may be thinking coming MLS, get couple of years of experience, then jump to head coaching gig? Certainly his Serie A resume will get him serious consideration in MLS. (plus whatever UEFA coaching badges he has)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...eddie-johnson/

TFC not in running for Eddie Johnson
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy like Concina would have made more sense than Nelson if Concina was hired last spring instead of Nelson. Concina who had coaching experience with one of the top teams in one of the top league's in the world would definitely have made sense and he was a Toronto area guy aswell, anyways we have Nelson now and he deserves some more time to see what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...eddie-johnson/

TFC not in running for Eddie Johnson
    They were never in running for Johnson. It didn't make any sense from TFC POV to acquire Johnson while getting two DP strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Montreal is supposedly not fired Schallibaum.. yet. Carl Robinson is supposedly hired at Vancouver. Good for him. I hate to see him managing the Shitecaps, but Robbo deserves his chance.

What are the odds of Concina getting a head coaching gig in Italy or Europe? Seems pretty competitive there... Concina may be thinking coming MLS, get couple of years of experience, then jump to head coaching gig? Certainly his Serie A resume will get him serious consideration in MLS. (plus whatever UEFA coaching badges he has)
    I don't think it's impossible. But I do believe it's pure speculation and very unlikely at that.

MLS amends its rules to allow for 'The Concina Rule' and the league's first DA...designated assistant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If you are an existing SSH it's easier but once we cycle through the relocations they open it up for new people. Check the members section for details. I expect it to start in January, I had some phone calls with MLSE about it this week.
    So is it possible to get a couple of these having never had seasons before? I moved to Toronto a year or so ago, didn't get SS but have barely missed a home game since thanks to the ticket trader forum here, would love to be able to nab seasons in the supporters section though. Is that at all realistic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    You'd have to think that Defoe would be better than Koevs by virtue of not needing half a season to play himself into fitness.
    Plus Defoe has made his name scoring goals in PL, a much higher standard than Dutch league/MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    So is it possible to get a couple of these having never had seasons before? I moved to Toronto a year or so ago, didn't get SS but have barely missed a home game since thanks to the ticket trader forum here, would love to be able to nab seasons in the supporters section though. Is that at all realistic?
    Aside from being a STH, you'd have to be a member of a supporters group. The only supporters seats you'd be able to get otherwise are 115-119, but they're sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's obviously pleased with how things are going. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Interesting interview with Bez.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gooooolllll!!!!! Those are some great goals. Even better, he is used to playing in red!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Aside from being a STH, you'd have to be a member of a supporters group. The only supporters seats you'd be able to get otherwise are 115-119, but they're sold out.
    Thanks Ivy, sounds good. I'm going to look at getting an RPB membership, since I tend to always be around 113 anyway it seems logical even if I'll miss the boat on tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things:

Concina isn't an assistant in the traditional sense. He's in charge of recuperating players from injuries. He was also a technical assistant in Napoli to to Walter Mazzarri who he followed.

http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/notizi...085240765.html

So he would have a larger role at a smaller club in MLS.

Also, it looks like Jonathan Osorio is training at Werder Bremen according to his twitter and Totera's radio show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Thanks Ivy, sounds good. I'm going to look at getting an RPB membership, since I tend to always be around 113 anyway it seems logical even if I'll miss the boat on tickets
    Are you really LOI legend Joesph Ndo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    So how does that work? Do you join say RPB and get the ST from RPB?

As someone interested in getting ST for the first time, also curious about the process.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop hijacking this thread please

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    So how does that work? Do you join say RPB and get the ST from RPB?

As someone interested in getting ST for the first time, also curious about the process.
    I'll start off by saying you have to be a STH and a RPB member. When renewal times comes out (suppose to be January I think... Whenever Lieweke tells us to pay), people will either renew or not renew their seats in 112. People also may have relocated out during last week's event. At that point RPB will hold it's out relocation with group members being offered to relocate into the section (assuming there are seats available), by inception date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Also, it looks like Jonathan Osorio is training at Werder Bremen according to his twitter and Totera's radio show.
    Dope, Dutt would be decent to train under (wonder if he was part of the 4am work out today), too bad our defense is leaking like a sieve this year. Hopefully gets sorted in the new year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just listened to the sportsnet podcast. Interesting to note is that Nelsen said he shares an agent with Dero and that Dero stayed at his home when he was going for trials at English clubs 8-9 years ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know what is up with Elmer?

Is he only going to be the 'stick' to keep Morgan going? (It is an expensive stick)

I really like Morgan when he is in form. I think he looked really great at the end of the season.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Anyone know what is up with Elmer?

Is he only going to be the 'stick' to keep Morgan going? (It is an expensive stick)

I really like Morgan when he is in form. I think he looked really great at the end of the season.
    99% sure he's on a guaranteed contract. And it's very likely Eckersley is going to be our 1 buy out this year.

The guy has barely played, so can't be too critical of him, but not one of Payne's better moves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    The guy has barely played, so can't be too critical of him, but not one of Payne's better moves.
    I don't think that was a Payne move, he couldn't even remember his name during interviews. I think O'Leary or Onstad scouted him. A little disappointing that he couldn't even beat out a pretty terrible Morgan for the starting job, but I believe there was an injury he was dealing with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Are you really LOI legend Joesph Ndo?
    Unfortunately not, just an avid fan...I don't think TFC could afford his wage demands without torpedoing the Defoe deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the OT, Ndo got to be getting up there. I think he played in the Cup final this year too for whatever team he's with now. Always thought be could have been "bigger" if he things went different in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1h
    Expecting TFC to add to roster this week. 2-3 players possible. Looking forward to this re-entry draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Defoe is done at Spurs.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ch-report.html

"Substitute Jermain Defoe was off down the tunnel and into the home team dressing room long before the end. He, too, has had enough."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendrith View Post
    Looks like Defoe is done at Spurs.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ch-report.html

"Substitute Jermain Defoe was off down the tunnel and into the home team dressing room long before the end. He, too, has had enough."
    Welcome to TFC Jermain Defoe!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN They'll add a back, most likely. Maybe a few wide players. De Rosario is still widely considered a possibility.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1h
    Expecting TFC to add to roster this week. 2-3 players possible. Looking forward to this re-entry draft.
    This will hopefully quiet the build-an-MLS-core-before-adding-DPs crowd.