Page 195 of 215 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 6437
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Julio Cesar loan till end of the year
    That is so amazing. I never expected that! One of the world's best between the pipes.
    Hopefully Bendik will get the start for things like the Canadian Championship, however even when he is not playing, he will have the chance to learn from one of the best. Very,very few get that kind of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I am literally stunned.
    Totally stunned, as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is soooooooooooo freaking professional compared to what we are used to.

Gol TV dude tries to ask him about the World Cup and he says he wants to talk about MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    One theory based on the press conference. QPR isn't paying the majority of the salary but that Julio is taking a huge salary hit to play in the upcoming World Cup.
    I'm strongly leaning in the direction too. Redknapp said that they were getting salary relief by agreeing to the loan, no way TFC or MLS was picking up the full tab, only logical outcome is that JC is foregoing wages to play in his last WC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'm strongly leaning in the direction too. Redknapp said that they were getting salary relief by agreeing to the loan, no way TFC or MLS was picking up the full tab, only logical outcome is that JC is foregoing wages to play in his last WC.
    JC supposedly makes 90k pounds/wk. Must be one helluva paycut
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain would be have to be, although I read in various places that his contract is heavily structured around performance bonuses, thus the lack of playing time. Maybe not getting the full £90K/wk right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He is soooooooooooo freaking professional compared to what we are used to.

Gol TV dude tries to ask him about the World Cup and he says he wants to talk about MLS.
    I was very impressed that he did that. It's just great to see him taking TFC so seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    JC supposedly makes 90k pounds/wk. Must be one helluva paycut
    Yeah. Unheard of in the soccer world. He takes much pride playing for Brazil and if Scolari said that his place on the line and the transfer window is closed, there's only a handful of places he can go to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the hell asked the question "what do you think of the facilities?"

We need some more professional soccer media now that we have these guys. Makes the city look stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Who the hell asked the question "what do you think of the facilities?"

We need some more professional soccer media now that we have these guys. Makes the city look stupid.
    Godfrey. Who else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Godfrey. Who else?
    Ha ha! Fuck. "Well the washrooms are first class and there's room to hang up my shirt." What is he going to say?!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The managers and fans of the other MLS clubs must be going nuts. Essentially we now have 4 DPs, and the most stacked team in the league.

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For those who can read Portuguese, interesting comments here. As you might imagine, many Brazilians not too enthused about it, haha....http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/...ta-julio-cesar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my sins I am also a QPR fan. It's been heavily rumored and alluded to for a while now that Cesar was on a Pay as You Play deal. I think this heavilly factors in to how this is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    For those who can read Portuguese, interesting comments here. As you might imagine, many Brazilians not too enthused about it, haha....http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/...ta-julio-cesar
    Mão de couve translates to (according to google) hand cabbage. Those Brazilians sure are philosophical.

Anyone have a link to the Cesar interview? Nothing on torontofc.ca yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So ummm

Is it safe to say we won the offseason by a mile? And also slapped every MLS team in the face, at least twice, with large wads of cash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Unheard of in the soccer world. He takes much pride playing for Brazil and if Scolari said that his place on the line and the transfer window is closed, there's only a handful of places he can go to.
    Actually it happens all the time, but usually they go home. Something still missing here. There are a # of Brasilian clubs that could offer far more salary relief to QPR & you would imagine Scolari would prefer to have him in his back yard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    So ummm

Is it safe to say we won the offseason by a mile? And also slapped every MLS team in the face, at least twice, with large wads of cash?
    We also slapped em in the face with something else. In the words of the great philosopher snoop dogg the rest of the MLS can suck Deeeeez Nuttttts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interview indicated the Gremio talks died off, no reason given, and then TFC was an option.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So let's see - Julio Cesar between the pipes, a back four of Morrow, Caldwell, Henry, and Orr - anyone think we're going to improve on our GA this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This off-season is going down in MLS history.

And if we make the playoffs this is going down as one of the quickest, biggest, most extravagant turnarounds I've ever heard of in pro sports.

Great time to be a TFC fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone can confirm this or not....

If Julio Cesar goes to the world cup, and Brazil wins, would he be the first player in MLS history to be currently playing for an MLS side to win the world cup? I know world cup winners have played in the MLS, but I dont think it was in the same year that they took home the trophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

And if we make the playoffs this is going down as one of the quickest, biggest, most extravagant turnarounds I've ever heard of in pro sports.

Didn't the Red Bulls go from last to playoffs one year as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Didn't the Red Bulls go from last to playoffs one year as well?
    Maybe, and I bet other teams have as well, but none have from 7 years of awfulness and with multiple very high profile signings like we're poised to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    So let's see - Julio Cesar between the pipes, a back four of Morrow, Caldwell, Henry, and Orr - anyone think we're going to improve on our GA this season?
    IMO the biggest factor in improving our goals against this year will actually be having strikers who can hurt you on the counter attack (or maybe at all, ha!).

The lack of respect other teams showed TFC last year was almost comical. They had no problem pinching both fullbacks and loosely marking the strikers in the middle. End result for our defense was that they were always bombarded as other teams threw guys forward without worrying about what would happen if TFC quickly found an outlet to their forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let`s not hope we shit the bed like the Blue Jays.We haven`t won any games yet.It doesn`t matter who won the off season.March 15th it all starts.Can`t wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now find a way to keep laba!!!!!!!!! what a team we would have, come on MLS he is good for the league, time to start acting like a real league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    Let`s not hope we shit the bed like the Blue Jays.We haven`t won any games yet.It doesn`t matter who won the off season.March 15th it all starts.Can`t wait
    Yes, nothing has been won yet. But after 7 years of misery I am going to take the time to really enjoy this feeling of a new and impressive TFC.

Still, when March 15th comes around and the ref blows his whistle to kick off the game in Seattle I'll be sitting at the edge of my seat full of nerves. But one thing is for sure: we will NOT be easy to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

The Fire did win the MLS cup as an expansion team, granted it was the second yr of the leauge, there were still 10 teams that got first crack at the tallent and the Fire showed them all up....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    The Fire did win the MLS cup as an expansion team, granted it was the second yr of the leauge, there were still 10 teams that got first crack at the tallent and the Fire showed them all up....
    It was the third year.
    It took several seasons until teams figured out the draft.
    Don't forget that under Doug Logan, teams had very little autonomy. Often players were just assigned by the MLS FO to a team. It was under Garber that the current system, Byzantine as it is, grew up to give a more objective way to run the league, and the teams gained a lot more autonomy.

My point? Don't really count any records before 1999.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    now find a way to keep laba!!!!!!!!! what a team we would have, come on MLS he is good for the league, time to start acting like a real league
    If Montreal can sign a play under this "obscure" special discovery rule then we should be able to apply that to Laba as well.

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/...z?ICID=HP_BN_6