Page 150 of 215 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 6437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Bradley Orr coming up again on twitter. Hope that's not the 'stay tuned' Nelsen talked about.
    For those who haven't heard of Orr...
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...sstory.sport17

"Bradley Orr, who was sent off earlier this week for headbutting team-mate Louis Carey, received 28 day sentence for involvement in the booze-fuelled fight in October last year."

Red card for headbutting his OWN TEAMMATE!!!
    Also, his conviction for the night-club brawl could prevent him from getting a Canadian/American Visa.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley Orr coming up again on twitter. Hope that's not the 'stay tuned' Nelsen talked about.
    has a criminal record. pending how serious immigration canada thinks this is, Orr won't get a work permit. even if he gets a Canadian one, he'll have to go through US immigration and they are very stingy with people with criminal records getting a visa

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, forgot about the record. Wonder the fact that it's a loan move figures into that. Here's a link http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10944895._/

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, forgot about the record. Wonder the fact that it's a loan move figures into that. Here's a link http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10944895._/
    I honestly doubt it, figure they saw that Nelson went to Spurs to get a player, so creating a rumour that he will go for a player at another one of his former clubs will create some talk and hits.
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will also be mindful these days of the team's new makeover and probably won't want to muck up the new "super" team image by trolling for championship bar flies. At least I hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I don't see anything relevant in that article?
    (Maybe Google Translate missed it?)

No. Nothing missed. I heard nothing. Just fucking aroun.d.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some food for thought, I came across this comment from a Caps fan on mlssoccer.com. Doesn't seem too credible in my opinion, but who knows.
    "Last night my buddy called me from TO--he's there for business.

Anyway, he's sitting in Gretzky's, all by his lonesome and lo and behold, he's looking straight at a table across from him with Robo, Bobby, young Greg "the Cap" Anderson with Laba!

As I shared with my new friends in TO on another TFC-specific thread, it looked like Bobby was doing all the talking--kind of all desperate like--but Laba kept shaking his head. Not nodding up and down, but shaking his head like saying, no way gringo. Anyway, buddy tells me that for the entire hour and a half of dinner theatre, Robo didn't touch his food at all and looked like a man beginning to realize that Vancouver has just swapped places with TFC as Canada's favourite football circus.

Now honestly folks, there's no way TFC's gonna be able to hold on to Laba. I'm saying right here today that Laba is headed west to Vancouver. And when that happens, don't let Bobby or young Greg draw up the papers because they'll probably sign someone up called Labia!

Man, I hope there's some good news for us soon."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf vancouver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i don't want to lose Laba to another mls team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Some food for thought, I came across this comment from a Caps fan on mlssoccer.com. Doesn't seem too credible in my opinion, but who knows.

Anyway, he's sitting in Gretzky's, all by his lonesome and lo and behold, he's looking straight at a table across from him with Robo, Bobby, young Greg "the Cap" Anderson with Laba!

As I shared with my new friends in TO on another TFC-specific thread, it looked like Bobby was doing all the talking--kind of all desperate like--but Laba kept shaking his head. Not nodding up and down, but shaking his head like saying, no way gringo. Anyway, buddy tells me that for the entire hour and a half of dinner theatre, Robo didn't touch his food at all and looked like a man beginning to realize that Vancouver has just swapped places with TFC as Canada's favourite football circus.

Now honestly folks, there's no way TFC's gonna be able to hold on to Laba. I'm saying right here today that Laba is headed west to Vancouver. And when that happens, don't let Bobby or young Greg draw up the papers because they'll probably sign someone up called Labia!

Laba was probably shaking his head because he couldn't understand a single word this guy was saying. No speakah English sir.

on second thought, this is good. They can take Laba and pay as the remainder of the transfer fee in allocation. Then Laba will just come back and play in Toronto (that's apparently the thing to do in Vancouver nowadays)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing business in plain sight at Gretsky's??? I hope this is untrue, although I think the low rent nature of it is funny.

Next stop: woo Richard Eckersley over wings at Hooters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time believing this story since Laba doesn't speak English to begin with. Unless there's someone translating conversation for Laba, I would have to say this story is false.

But that being said, I have hard time believing Laba is staying in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I have a hard time believing this story since Laba doesn't speak English to begin with. Unless there's someone translating conversation for Laba, I would have to say this story is false.

This is a joke/rumor that AjaxWhitecapsFC has been spreading on mlssoccer.com, too.

Carl Robinson was in Mexico until late yesterday, so unless he stopped off for dinner on the way home and tapped up a player illegally (you can't meet with another team's player without an offer on the table under fifa regs) -- which doesn't sound a whole lot like Robbo -- then this is definitely bogus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More than bogus. Considering Laba would have no real say in it... Anderson might as well have been convincing Gretzky himself.

and judging by Laba's latest tweets, the guy is enjoying the sun in Argentina.
    Last edited by Ivy; 01-17-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call bullshit.

Matias was in Argentina as late as two days ago. I'm pretty sure he is not in TO right now.

https://twitter.com/matiaslaba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Yeah i don't want to lose Laba to another mls team.
    I don't want to lose Laba to Vancouver! Anywhere but Vancouver!!!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver has to get someone...they may have lost one of their first round draft picks to the Cosmos!

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/...ns-with-cosmos
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Vancouver has to get someone...they may have lost one of their first round draft picks to the Cosmos!

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/...ns-with-cosmos
    That's been denied.

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/stat...22607098241024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha funny Laba story but I'm sure you could replace his name with "Hispanic looking guy" and it would be more realistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This is a joke/rumor that AjaxWhitecapsFC has been spreading on mlssoccer.com, too.

Carl Robinson was in Mexico until late yesterday, so unless he stopped off for dinner on the way home and tapped up a player illegally (you can't meet with another team's player without an offer on the table under fifa regs) -- which doesn't sound a whole lot like Robbo -- then this is definitely bogus.
    I have always wondered about how the single entity, and this point. The contract is with MLS, not Toronto
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

He actually speaks English for the record. It's broken but understandable, I spoke with him in English after the AS Roma friendly game on the way out of the stadium. He also does some tweeting in English.

No validity to the rumours though as it appears he's in Argentina at the moment and not in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    But .... The Canadian Press followed up with the cosmos following the goal.com story and confirmed they believe they have signed him.

So just like the Camilo story, confusion reigns supreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But .... The Canadian Press followed up with the cosmos following the goal.com story and confirmed they believe they have signed him.

So just like the Camilo story, confusion reigns supreme.
    Vancouver confirmed last night he'll be at camp and if he makes the team, will be transferred technically from the Cosmos to MLS, and that MLS has agreed to it. There was no mention of a fee being paid, but you'd expect one; embarrassing for MLS not to have known this at the combo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley Orr to TFC on loan until Dec 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Bradley Orr to TFC on loan until Dec 1
    source?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    source?
    Oops, sorry.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...an/?ref=twtrec

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least it's just a loan. TBH haven't seen enough of Orr to rate him. if Blackburn is picking up most of his wages and Orr comes in at like 100k, I don't think I'd mind it much.

another nail in the coffin for Ecks, not that we didn't know Ecks is gone
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious how they are going to get around his criminal record to get Canadian & US Visas.

Think this is a mistake... surely there are better options out there than a 30+, championship level, hot head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who haven't heard of Orr...

Red card for headbutting his OWN TEAMMATE!!!
    Also, his conviction for the night-club brawl could prevent him from getting a Canadian/American Visa.
    Honestly, I don't really care what a player has done in the past. If we are going on the thinking that a new player has to have had a squeeky clean past, then I'm sure TFC fans would protest if we tried to sign Luis Suarez!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious how they are going to get around his criminal record to get Canadian & US Visas.

Think this is a mistake... surely there are better options out there than a 30+, championship level, hot head.
    career Championship level FB is probably better than most MLS FBs

-Eduardo Galeano