Page 126 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 6437
    RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    Just pay down Laba's salary with Mr. All-ocation then we get Bradley as well.
    Don't let Laba get away!!
    + This!!! I welcome the additions, but don't sacrifice the future - and Laba will only get better for a number of years.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    This will free up an international slot (assuming we don't get an international player in return). Question is what can we get for Laba?
    A lot. Laba is great MLS trade bait. Very young and has already shown to have adjusted well to the league, and has proven his quality. The only downside is he's a DP (granted he's a cheap one).

Consider this: we got an international roster spot, a first round pick, and Bright Dike for Urruti, who had played 37 minutes. If we end up trading Laba, a 1st round pick and a starting quality MLS player would be a realistic return.

If this happens I'll be really sad to see Laba go. I was really looking forward to seeing him progress in our colours. Great player. Wish Garber could throw us a bone here. A CM pair of Laba and Bradley is unbelievable quality for MLS.

That being said, Bradley is a big upgrade. Passing and poise on the ball will do a lot to help our poor possession numbers. Also better offensively than Laba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    A lot. Laba is great MLS trade bait. Very young and has already shown to have adjusted well to the league, and has proven his quality. The only downside is he's a DP (granted he's a cheap one).

Consider this: we got an international roster spot, a first round pick, and Bright Dike for Urruti, who had played 37 minutes. If we end up trading Laba, a 1st round pick and a starting quality MLS player would be a realistic return.

If this happens I'll be really sad to see Laba go. I was really looking forward to seeing him progress in our colours. Great player. Wish Garber could throw us a bone here. A CM pair of Laba and Bradley is unbelievable quality for MLS.

That being said, Bradley is a big upgrade. Passing and poise on the ball will do a lot to help our poor possession numbers. Also better offensively than Laba.
    So, speculatively, what teams have the RB and open DP slot we would theoretically be looking for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My head is going to explode!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like we'll be trading Laba, though. That's what most people seem to think right now. Would be worth it though, as much as I think Laba is awesome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideally Laba gets loaned out, pref to a Western Conference team. because who knows if Gilberto will pan out. I'd rather have Laba play in MLS or some English speaking team
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of God loan him rather than outright sell him, Laba has legit talent and it would be a shame to see him go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all good, get rid of Laba. In a couple years we can pick him up in the re entry draft and call it a day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally check this site every 5 minutes, I'm not proud of it, but that's what I do. Today I decided to take 5 hour nap at noon to make up for an all-nighter. Woke up to this. WOW.

THIS is the biggest signing in MLS history Leiweke was talking about. Michael fucking Bradley. Unbelievable, just amazing. What a move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're on the march with Nelsen's army
    We're buying everyone we see
    And we'll really shake em up when we're winnin' all the cups
    Cos Toronto is the greatest football team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    On Twitter, several of the TFC writers are saying that Laba would be moved to make room for Bradley. I still like the upgrade, but if that's the case, we're not as far ahead as we thought we were.
    Agreed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Didn't he just sign on to manage a team in Europe like last week?
    I guess so. Nice bit of worldly soccer knowledge there. Scratch the coach rumour for the time being.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    On Twitter, several of the TFC writers are saying that Laba would be moved to make room for Bradley. I still like the upgrade, but if that's the case, we're not as far ahead as we thought we were.
    agreed big time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    agreed big time
    I don't totally agree. It's a by product of a cap league really. If you sign somebody like Bradley, nearly all MLS teams would need to sacrifice something, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all these rumoured signings are for real, the spine of the team would be

Bendik
    Caldwell - Henry
    Laba - Bradley
    Defoe - Gilberto

Holy crap.

Hopefully, a) the signings pan out, b) Laba can be kept, and c) Henry keeps developing.

Unlikely that all of these come to fruition, but one can dream..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully, the Laba trade speculation is just that...speculation. His salary is low enough that it can be paid down by allocation, in the short term anyway.

However, if there are no plans to increase the DP limit to 4 slots in the near future, Bez will have no other alternative but to trade Laba, which would be an unfortunate ripple effect of this unbelievable off season purge.

That being said, as mentioned by others, the return would be substantial for a young DM of Laba's calibre, and Bez has already demonstrated that he is adept at asset management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just won the Stanley Cup with the Leafs in NHL 14 and now this HAHAHAHA!

WOW can't believe TFC going for Bradley what a huge upgrade in the midfield. TL & TB earning their paycheques.

I'm also in agreement with most of the post about Laba, I hope to GOD that we trade all our superdraft picks for allocation money to pay down salary or loan him out.
    It took him a few games but he really improved the last games he played he will be a legit player for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather keep Laba anytime!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikers View Post

I'm also in agreement with most of the post about Laba, I hope to GOD that we trade all our superdraft picks for allocation money to pay down salary or loan him out.
    We won't need to we have a extremely high amount of allocation to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed my tix this morning, then was busy all day. Just checked in. Holy cow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I'd like to see Laba stay - if we can trade him for a quality attacking midfielder that would be a substantial upgrade - Bradley at CM and and an AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is going crazy over Laba. Every one needs to take a deep breath and relax. First of all the sports writers do not know anything. So all this is pure speculation to drive cyber traffic. Let's see how this plays out. Nelson likes Laba a lot and hopefully Tim B can manage the cap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday might be the beginning of MLS 3.0. It has the potential to be a watershed moment in the history of TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Monday might be the beginning of MLS 3.0. It has the potential to be a watershed moment in the history of TFC
    I think Demspey was the start of MLS 3.0 but I think this deal, and even the Gilberto and Defoe deals, have kicked the door wide open for the new MLS Garber has been on about for a couple years. Developments like this make his whole 2020 thing seem not so outrageous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I would also say that no team in MLS has been in this position where

• 2 DP slots are available
    • 1 other can be opened relatively cheaply
    • Ownership is willing to spend a LOT more money then they take in (for now)

We who follow TFC will never see an off season like this again...ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    While I'd like to see Laba stay - if we can trade him for a quality attacking midfielder that would be a substantial upgrade - Bradley at CM and and an AM.
    I wonder if they can package Laba with Ecks to a team like Chivas for their 1st pick and a defender like Burling or AJB. Or to Van for our pick back and Tiebert. Then in the draft pick up a Gen Adidas defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing i just thought of that made me really happy.... If these signings go through we should be a big draw, that includes on television. We should be able to get our game on in prime time, which means 7pm weekend games and that is something everyone wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    too bad if that happens. As good as Bradley is, Laba is going to be one helluva DM. Laba and Bradley could turn midfield into a blackhole for opposition.

Starting to regret Gilberto move
    Was thinking the same thing. I'd much rather have Dike/Dero was the 2nd forward. At this point I'd rather we didn't sign Defoe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    too bad if that happens. As good as Bradley is, Laba is going to be one helluva DM. Laba and Bradley could turn midfield into a blackhole for opposition.

Starting to regret Gilberto move
    Laba WILL come back and bite us.......he's tremendous and the best DM I've ever seen , always chasing the ball.....without glory....who will understand Gilberto and his 'style'.....and or even communicate with him . I was looking for the the sum of those two equaling....plus plus , different game now .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well apart from Laba being Argentinean and Gilberto Brazilian..........

I wouldn't worry about Gilberto. He seems to be a very good communicator and comfortable around English speakers (heck, he did the video Christmas card).

He will be the team dreamboat.