Page 61 of 215 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 6437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    There are not more east Indians and Chinese, then Italians
    That is not true. Italians(475,000 pop) are the 7th large ethnicity in Toronto behind, English(777,000), Canadian(728,000), Chinese(595,000), East Indian(570,000), Scottish(545,000) and Irish(535,000).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Lambe needs a big dose of self belief and confidence. a bit of swagger too. He's better than most wingers out of NCAA at about same age, at least technically. Nelsen sees him as long term project, and TFC is working to get him a residency papers.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/...-between-lines

Reggie Lambe and Justin Mapp put in a couple of key performances in Week 26, so Armchair Analyst Matt Doyle dissects the importance of wingers in the modern game. Is this the type of player that the Seattle Sounders are missing?

^
    That's MLS analyst's view on Reggie Lambe for some of his performances. He's not the rainmaker in the midfield/wing, but he's consistent and has flash of brilliance and while he fades away, he doesn't cause as many goals as others.

We can use upgrade, but I'm not opposed to have him on the team.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lambe needs a big dose of self belief and confidence. a bit of swagger too. He's better than most wingers out of NCAA at about same age, at least technically. Nelsen sees him as long term project, and TFC is working to get him a residency papers.
    You know I said that before last season started and minus that one stretch in the summer when he looked looked like he was turning it around, I thought his play declined big time last season. He always seemed to be facing our goal, being content with short passes and avoiding any dribbling, and being a card risk though a lot of hot headed play. To me, this year he played totally different than in the past and what he did before was exactly what we were missing early on in 2013. This guy is a puzzle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You know I said that before last season started and minus that one stretch in the summer when he looked looked like he was turning it around, I thought his play declined big time last season. He always seemed to be facing our goal, being content with short passes and avoiding any dribbling, and being a card risk though a lot of hot headed play. To me, this year he played totally different than in the past and what he did before was exactly what we were missing early on in 2013. This guy is a puzzle.
    Exactly, I really expected him to use his speed wide right this year but he didn't. I do think he's descent enough technically if he gets his mental game down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeyToronto View Post
    Exactly, I really expected him to use his speed wide right this year but he didn't. I do think he's descent enough technically if he gets his mental game down.
    Hey anyone notice they amended the press release that went out to MLSsoccer.com to INCLUDE Eckersley:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...uding-striker-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hey anyone notice they amended the press release that went out to MLSsoccer.com to INCLUDE Eckersley:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...uding-striker-
    As of 6:46 PM ET, the typical TFC oversight remains laughable via TorontoFC.ca's original release (now updated, incorrectly lol).

Toronto FC’s 2014 roster as it currently stands:
    Goalkeepers (3): Joe Bendik, Chris Konopka, Quillan Roberts
    Defenders (7): Steven Caldwell, Jonas Elmer, Doneil Henry, Ashtone Morgan, Gale Agbossoumonde, Mark Bloom, Ryan Richter, Richard Eckerlsey
    Midfielders (7): Kyle Bekker, Matias Laba, Jonathan Osorio, Alvaro Rey, Jeremy Hall, Manny Aparicio, Reggie Lambe
    Forwards (3): Bright Dike, Emery Welshman, Andrew Wiedeman

That's right folks...SEVEN defenders. But, hey, at least we have Ecks' name in there now!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for loooooooong.

There are times supporting TFC when you feel like holding up a sign that reads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like your the one who's confused. Balotelli was born in Italy which makes him Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    hahaha! we should sign balotelli and confuse the fuck out of them!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Thanks I got that. But I was just wondering, what was his purpose of even trading for him etc?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Thanks I got that. But I was just wondering, what was his purpose of even trading for him etc?
    Thomas was suppose to be another one of those utility midfielders. Was one of those 'sign this guy and let's hope he sticks' kind of deal and insurance guy in case of injuries.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Seems like your the one who's confused. Balotelli was born in Italy which makes him Italian.
    Wasn't Balotelli born in Ghana but adopted by Italian parents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, this is a guy who needs to be in a USL/feeder team to gain skill / confidence. Investing in this at the MLS level is painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    As of 6:46 PM ET, the typical TFC oversight remains laughable via TorontoFC.ca's original release (now updated, incorrectly lol).

Toronto FC’s 2014 roster as it currently stands:
    Goalkeepers (3): Joe Bendik, Chris Konopka, Quillan Roberts
    Defenders (7): Steven Caldwell, Jonas Elmer, Doneil Henry, Ashtone Morgan, Gale Agbossoumonde, Mark Bloom, Ryan Richter, Richard Eckerlsey
    Midfielders (7): Kyle Bekker, Matias Laba, Jonathan Osorio, Alvaro Rey, Jeremy Hall, Manny Aparicio, Reggie Lambe
    Forwards (3): Bright Dike, Emery Welshman, Andrew Wiedeman

That's right folks...SEVEN defenders. But, hey, at least we have Ecks' name in there now!
    come on; we all know ecks is gone; i see what you mean by 7 (but 8 names)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    thought he was suppose to be some depth that you'd pull out for ccl type games; waste of a 2nd round pick

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas was suppose to be another one of those utility midfielders. Was one of those 'sign this guy and let's hope he sticks' kind of deal and insurance guy in case of injuries.
    Yeesh, waste of 2nd round pick imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    uhmmm, that was my point!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    come on; we all know ecks is gone; i see what you mean by 7 (but 8 names)
    Just harpin' on the fact that they couldn't even fix their error properly. Mostly because....I have nothing better to do. There, I said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trane, despite the fact that the vibrancy and even the physical construction of 21 st century Toronto owes a lot to the post war Italian migration - we all owe the community a debt of gratitude - you don't have the right to come on the boards and post this divisive stuff night after night. It's farcical to suggest that TFC has ever adopted a philosophy (except under Winter). They just hired people who they thought could do the job. Besides, if Carver hadn't quit we'd be talking about a winning team, not this stuff.

Now, to the real topic: was Lambe attacking under Winter but had his back to the goal under Nelsen due to coaching? And if so, is that coaching affecting other players? And what does that mean for roster moves?
    Last edited by MightyDM; 11-29-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightydm View Post
    trane, despite the fact that the vibrancy and even the physical construction of 21 st century toronto owes a lot to the post war italian migration - we all owe the community a debt of gratitude - you don't have the right to come on the boards and post this divisive stuff night after night. It's farcical to suggest that tfc has ever adopted a philosophy (except under winter). They just hired people who they thought could do the job. Besides, if carver hadn't quit we'd be talking about a winning team, not this stuff.

Now, to the real topic: Was lambe attacking under winter but had his back to the goal under nelsen due to coaching? And if so, is that coaching affecting other players? And what does that mean for roster moves?
    wrong.
    Fucking.
    Thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been saying Bekker has potential to be a Pirlo like deep lying playmaker/regista all along!

Biggest issue with Bekker right now is that his footy IQ is not up to MLS level yet, and he needs to make better decisions while under pressure. And his positioning is terrible for a defensive midfielder.
    Bekker's best case scenario is somewhere around Benny Feilhaber. Soft-but-creative deep-lying creative midfielder. He has to learn how to play with less space and time and to be more of an athlete which are all big asks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wrong.
    Fucking.
    Thread.
    Not. Necessary. To. Be. Rude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Wasn't Balotelli born in Ghana but adopted by Italian parents?
    nope, born in italy than adopted by italian parents. If African players could ever develop that European touch, a player like Balo is what many of them can be like...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please keep this thread about transfers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happened with this TFC bringing back a player from the inaugural team rumor? I was really interested in that one but it seems to have died off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happened with this TFC bringing back a player from the inaugural team rumor? I was really interested in that one but it seems to have died off.
    Edson Buddle seems most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my thoughts and hopes for next year:

Goalie: Bendik / Konopka
    RB: Bloom / Richter
    CB: Caldwell / ????
    CB: Henry / Gale
    RB: ???? / Morgan
    HM: Laba / Russell
    RM: Rey / Lambe
    LM: Orosio / Convey
    AM: ???? / Bekker
    S: Dafoe/ Earnshaw
    S: Gilardino / Dike

Player to left is starting 11 and player to right is depth player.
    Assume we get both Dafoe and Gilardino as DP's (Hey I can dream)

Still feel we need an attacking mid, not DP but can get top player with allocation money. Shift Orosio to wing. Not sold on Morgan as first line player. However, maybe Elmer (Swiss Miss) will pan out.
    I thought they would have moved Hall and Wiedeman but maybe trade bait. Earnshaw maybe on his way out since Defoe is a better Earnshaw and they are the same kind of player. Maybe more proof Defoe is a lock. However, would love to keep Earnshaw, can score coming off the bench. Also critical we get backup for Caldwell, if he gets injured we are in big trouble.

Growth Players
    Welshmann
    Aparicio
    Draft ?
    Draft ?
    Last edited by SKB; 11-30-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Nana Attakora at BMO today during my season seat relocation. I asked him if he's coming back to TFC, he said no, but of course, no player would say yes prior to any agreements. Realistically why would he be at BMO? Unless he's trying to relocate his season seats???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    I saw Nana Attakora at BMO today during my season seat relocation. I asked him if he's coming back to TFC, he said no, but of course, no player would say yes prior to any agreements. Realistically why would he be at BMO? Unless he's trying to relocate his season seats???
    Though what would he being doing at BMO if not something related to TFC. I know this is his hometown, but why else hang out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Though what would he being doing at BMO if not something related to TFC. I know this is his hometown, but why else hang out there.
    ya, that's exactly what I thought, he was with 2 other guys, perhaps his agent or friends???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Here are my thoughts and hopes for next year:

Goalie: Bendik / Konopka
    RB: Bloom / Richter
    CB: Caldwell / ????
    CB: Henry / Gale
    RB: ???? / Morgan
    HM: Laba / Russell
    RM: Rey / Lambe
    LM: Orosio / Convey
    AM: ???? / Bekker
    S: Dafoe/ Earnshaw
    S: Gilardino / Dike

Player to left is starting 11 and player to right is depth player.
    Assume we get both Dafoe and Gilardino as DP's (Hey I can dream)

Still feel we need an attacking mid, not DP but can get top player with allocation money. Shift Orosio to wing. Not sold on Morgan as first line player. However, maybe Elmer (Swiss Miss) will pan out.
    I thought they would have moved Hall and Wiedeman but maybe trade bait. Earnshaw maybe on his way out since Defoe is a better Earnshaw and they are the same kind of player. Maybe more proof Defoe is a lock. However, would love to keep Earnshaw, can score coming off the bench. Also critical we get backup for Caldwell, if he gets injured we are in big trouble.

Growth Players
    Welshmann
    Aparicio
    Draft ?
    Draft ?
    Earnshaw and Convey are gone, at least for now. Options and releases announced yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edson Buddle seems most likely.
    That was my thought as well.