Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile “Mark it down, write it down, film it …. We’re going to turn TFC around..."

“Mark it down, write it down, film it …. We’re going to turn TFC around and we’re going to make the playoffs next year. We know where we’re headed, we know how to get there. We’ve been given the resources of this ownership group and we will get to the right place.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/leiwe...make-playoffs/

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, is it that time of the year again...'we will make the playoffs next year' day.

the only thing i want to hear is that the Argos will not be playing at BMO. if that happens, I couldn't care less what happens to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I've marked it down. Now lets see what excuse TL comes up with next year.

Someone should ask if he's willing to stake his job on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this is EXACTLY the kind of shit that consistently gets management in trouble!!!! TL: KEEP YOUR F***ING MOUTH SHUT AND SHOW US!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sick of this phoney "commitment" game.

He is not effing Nostradamus.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew Leiweke had a reputation for being somewhat of a blowhard when he was hired by MLSE, but his incessant bluster during the first few months of his tenure is just getting ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen up Tim Lieweke: Talk is fucking cheap! And in TFC's case, worthless!

We've heard this bullshit before after each dissapointing season! We are fucking sick and fucking tired of this! We are NOT interested in big words you think will impressive us! We want action! Solid, foundation building action! After seven fucking seasons of our team missing the playoffs, while everyone else in MLS has succeeded in doing so - including teams that no longer exist, the last thing we need is your ego jizzing all over our faces!

You're already on a short leash with all this Argos to BMO Field claptrap, which seems to have started the minute you showed up here! When it comes to what needs to be done to build this shitpile of a franchise, then just get on with it, and SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE, MOTHERFUCKER! This isn't LA/Hollywood you're dealing with here!

And one more thing: If you do bring the Argos to BMO Field, then your name is mud!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do want him to say,we are going to suck and not make the playoffs...geeezzz people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    what do want him to say,we are going to suck and not make the playoffs...geeezzz people.

I'd rather he was saying this than it will take a few years - actually i'd be shocked if he didn't say it - we really better make the playoffs next year - we cleared the cap space and contracts and can bring on 2 attacking DPs

keep the pressure on

we MUST make the payoffs next year - no, ifs ands or buts - period - full stop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I jus want the buzz back..a packed stadium,a roof,some winning futbol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why would he say that... what kinda of stupid idiot would say something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because he has players in sight that he believes will make the difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Seriously, people get upset over anything. The CEO of TFC believes his team will be successful next year. More news at 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the 1pm hour of Tim and Sid they have the audio, it's pretty obviously everybody knows they shouldn't talk and yet it continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People don't like it because they've heard it numerous times before and it wasn't followed by any success whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with the majority here. I like the positivity from TL, but FFS does he not realize that we have heard this line before? Keep your trap shut, sign some quality, win some games, THEN feel free to unleash the ego.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like it. If that's what your goal is then why not state it? Much better that than non-committal fence sitting or talking about how cyclical sports is like his predecessor did. Leiweke is showing by his statements that he is determined to turn this sad sack club around & he has a plan in how to do that. Why not wait & see what they do before jumping all over the guy? It's not his fault that the people before him were all talk, no action.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like renewal time.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's gonna create an account on this forum and post some of his snapchat pics when TFC wins the cup next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other imporant bullet points from the article:

– Given 17 of 19 Toronto FC games were played in rain at BMO Field this season, “we’ve got to put an end to that, it’s time to put a roof on BMO Field.”
    – At the requests of the city of Toronto, which owns BMO Field, MLSE is looking at whether the venue can be changed to accommodate the CFL. “The Argos are part of a conversation, not a decision that’s been made.”
    – MLSE is looking at whether a larger block of tickets should be freed up to get some new Leafs fans in the ACC to make the venue livelier.

If Leiweke wants to confidently proclaim we are playoff bound next season, that's fine with me. It gives us a clear expectation to judge him by. It also puts pressure on him to do what's necessary to make it happen. I'd sooner have this, than have him hide behind more nebulous vows of "progress", or "building a winner" or somehing. He clearly wants to be quoted on this promise, so let's hold him to it.

Aside from that, he seems committed to a roof at BMO, which is good. As is opening up more tickets at the ACC to actual Leafs fans.

His bluster and bravado doesn't bother me at all, as long as he brings the results.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL also called Rob Ford "Tommy Boy" and said you're better to have breakfast with Rob then dinner....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post

Sarcasm\ I've never heard such a thing before /Sarcasm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They "had" Forlan. They will get someone else (or two).

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I knew Leiweke had a reputation for being somewhat of a blowhard when he was hired by MLSE, but his incessant bluster during the first few months of his tenure is just getting ridiculous.
    He`s selling what people are buying.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Listen up Tim Lieweke: Talk is fucking cheap! And in TFC's case, worthless!
    I see what you did there.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    i'll take it a step further and suggest he already has agreements in place with some of the names we've been hearing about lately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Other imporant bullet points from the article:

– Given 17 of 19 Toronto FC games were played in rain at BMO Field this season, “we’ve got to put an end to that, it’s time to put a roof on BMO Field.”

- Scott
    Maybe we shouldn't put an end to it. Maybe we'd actually make the playoffs if all our matches were played in rain. We do seem to do rather well after all in that kind of weather.

As for Leiweke, he doesn't seem to think we've heard this all before. Actions, not words, please.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If tfc DOES make the playoffs TL will come out smelling like roses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did we heard of this talk before? Since when and from who? It always been building a core or changing culture talk, but not we are going to make it in the playoffs next year talk. This is actually first time someone in management is saying we're going to make the playoffs next season. It seems like TL already has his 2 DP's! I wish he said we are going to win championship, but I guess that talk will happen year after next season.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    When did we heard of this talk before? Since when and from who? It always been building a core or changing culture talk, but not we are going to make it in the playoffs next year talk. This is actually first time someone in management is saying we're going to make the playoffs next season. It seems like TL already has his 2 DP's! I wish he said we are going to win championship, but I guess that talk will happen year after next season.
    Being a bit nitpicky perhaps, but I recall Winter saying we'd still make the playoffs after our 0-9 start. But you're right in the sense that I don't recall the top brass coming right out and saying it. I think it's always been us and the media that's been saying we had to make the playoffs this year, the year before, the year before that...

It's still empty talk though, without actions (which I'm assuming we'll see shortly)