Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finallly ..... Love him or hate him I am glad he is gone Paul B resigns

Sooo back in love with TFC now

The cleanse is complete
    Last edited by inheavensince07; 10-24-2013 at 07:31 AM. Reason: addition

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was not the only factor for your discontent with the club and it shouldn't be with this years change in his club duties. This is akin to the misrepresentation of Tom Anselmi's or Earl Cochrane's influence near the end of their time with the organization.

Here's a question for the people celebrating the end of the clean sweep witch hunt:

How long does the organization get before the present upper mgmt is demonized as a generalized horde?
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-24-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    This was not the only factor for your discontent with the club and it shouldn't be with this years change in his club duties. This is akin to the misrepresentation of Tom Anselmi's or Earl Cachrane's influence near the end of their time with the organization.

Here's a question for the people celebrating the end of the clean sweep witch hunt:

How long does the organization get before the present upper mgmt is demonized as a generalized horde?

I think you have some misconceptions ..my opinion .. But this gentlemen was one of the huge reasons why the off field product suffered so much .. If you think otherwise you are dead wrong .. again my opinion .. Trust me he never thought supporters were as important as they are and should be .. he saw the team as a endless money pit after season 1 and 2 and maybe 3 4 .. @fort york I often wonder about your allegiance to this team .. in a mysterious way lol

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He certainly came across as a real "pal" to the supporters in the beginning. Shame the romance fell apart. I won't comment much on the quality of his time with TFC since I'm no insider, but he was part of the failed machine and change had to come.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he ever "get" supporter culture? I doubt it. Not sure TL does either but I'm pretty darn sure TL would not countenance the tweet Bierne sent out after the debacle against Montreal.

Time to move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Beirne@Paulbeirne1h
    This Saturday's TFC match will be my last with the club. Thank you for 7 seasons of awesome moments! So proud to have been a part of it!

Wait... what? We're talking about Toronto FC, correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was not the only factor for your discontent with the club and it shouldn't be with this years change in his club duties. This is akin to the misrepresentation of Tom Anselmi's or Earl Cochrane's influence near the end of their time with the organization.

Best case scenario - 5 to 10 games into the next season (if we don't look like a top team out of the gate), or more likely, before a ball is kicked next season (probably sometime during pre-season) (not my viewpoint btw, but probably what will happen)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not totally a surprise, Timmy L's show now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Best case scenario - 5 to 10 games into the next season (if we don't look like a top team out of the gate), or more likely, before a ball is kicked next season (probably sometime during pre-season) (not my viewpoint btw, but probably what will happen)
    I think this is justified. Nelsen/Lieweke have put this on themselves with their promise that we will be lining up to pay for our seasons tickets in January.

If this team had a history of winning, then a few years of rebuilding would be easier to handle. But 7 years of being the worst team in MLS (or the world) is long enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's bitter sweat. We all knew it had to happen but PB did help all the supporters. He was one of the guys to help get more rpbs and usectorites into 112 & 113. He didn't have to help us with that. To say he didn't care or understand us is a bit off IMHO

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inheavensince07 View Post
    I think you have some misconceptions ..my opinion .. But this gentlemen was one of the huge reasons why the off field product suffered so much .. If you think otherwise you are dead wrong .. again my opinion .. Trust me he never thought supporters were as important as they are and should be .. he saw the team as a endless money pit after season 1 and 2 and maybe 3 4 .. @fort york I often wonder about your allegiance to this team .. in a mysterious way lol
    You haven't said much with this post.

What misconceptions? I have spoken with the man the last 2 seasons and his role obviously changed over the years with the struggles on the field and boardroom. My question you left unanswered was not to excuse his shortcomings with the initial setup and early years of off-field ops with and without supporters interaction but to challenge with the concept that there was too much stock put into the witch hunt for clean sweep of the organization. I wasn't satisfied with the results before this announcement but I'm not going to celebrate " a new regime" with this position changed. The change effected will be secondary to the changes already enacted.

Also, quick tip: Saying other people are dead wrong if they think otherwise and wondering aloud about people's allegiances this early in the game is premature.

Much respect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not too surprising I guess. Like most of the others of the previous regime, was born on third base, and thought he hit a triple. They were gifted a fanbase they couldn't have envisioned in their wildest dreams in 2006, and then proceeded to destroy any goodwill they might have had with the supporters. Anyways, onwards and (hopefully) upwards. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere - I'm sure he will.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inheavensince07 View Post
    Sooo back in love with TFC now

The cleanse is complete
    Also, heaven, you need to meet @Alonso. Alonso, perhaps the return of your 3 stooges av should have a swan song today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, heaven, you need to meet @Alonso. Alonso, perhaps the return of your 3 stooges av should have a swan song today?
    Not sure I follow but sounds good..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Paul you were very instrumental in creating incredible fans. Thank you"

Richard Peddie on twitter. Oh boy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only concern now is who is going to replace him? Knowing TFC's luck, it will be someone worse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    "Paul you were very instrumental in creating incredible fans. Thank you"

Richard Peddie on twitter. Oh boy...
    ohh its a love in on twitter for Paul .. amazing that you can destroy a fan base and still be applauded for a job well done.. That is the corporate way tho.. Great job there Paul on the Penske file .. we lost over 50 % of revenue and passion but keep up the great work.. hahahahha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very glad he's gone. Not that I think this will have a major impact on how I perceive the organization. I just think the guy was a total clown who came on here to reap praise in the early years and when he stop getting his proverbial dick sucked, he disappeared.

And Fort York, are you really arguing what someone's opinion is? The question of how long will it take for discontent to come back is irrelevant to the statement "I'm glad Paul B is gone, his PR tenure was a total fuck up."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Very glad he's gone. Not that I think this will have a major impact on how I perceive the organization. I just think the guy was a total clown who came on here to reap praise in the early years and when he stop getting his proverbial dick sucked, he disappeared.

And Fort York, are you really arguing what someone's opinion is? The question of how long will it take for discontent to come back is irrelevant to the statement "I'm glad Paul B is gone, his PR tenure was a total fuck up."

AAAAAAA fucking Men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I never had much personal interaction with Paul B to say anything negative. One year we had problems with my wife's wheelchair and didn't get to the last game on time and my kids were upset that they ran out of TFC toques. Paul sent some for my kids by Purolator when he found out since we were discussing the TFC toques on this board in one of the threads. I appreciated that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was bound to happen sooner or later I guess. I highly doubt he would've been fired outright. He was probably given the opportunity to resign before being fired more so as a gesture of goodwill. The guy was part of a team of upper management that oversaw 7 years of futility. If this were any other team or company, he would've been gone years ago. I don't know much about inner workings of how he helped or didn't help supporters groups and others, but his track record in regards to helping put together a successful franchise both on and off the field was poor at best. What remains to be seen is who will take his place...and that's what I'm more afraid of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good riddance. He milked this market for everything it was worth, and now he's abandoning the sinking ship because the golden goose is cooked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strike one - the Forlan/DP debacle
    Strike two - teasing a January line up for ticket renewals in the MIDDLE OF THE F*N SEASON, in my opinion like saying "you wasted your money this year"

Down to the last strike, better hit a homer in January Mr. Lieweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't always see eye to eye with him but hope this isn't a step backwards in terms of supporters communication with the club.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post

Asking for clarification and commenting on the clean sweep concept. Irrelevant? Obviously not unrelated by the number of responses.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Good riddance. He milked this market for everything it was worth, and now he's abandoning the sinking ship because the golden goose is cooked.
    Abandoning. Right. I guess if you need to fit the metaphor...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Allez View Post
    It was bound to happen sooner or later I guess. I highly doubt he would've been fired outright. He was probably given the opportunity to resign before being fired more so as a gesture of goodwill. The guy was part of a team of upper management that oversaw 7 years of futility. If this were any other team or company, he would've been gone years ago. I don't know much about inner workings of how he helped or didn't help supporters groups and others, but his track record in regards to helping put together a successful franchise both on and off the field was poor at best. What remains to be seen is who will take his place...and that's what I'm more afraid of.
    Agreed.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn't always see eye to eye with Paul on everything, but the guy always gave us a seat at the table and a avenue to voice ourselves.

A little respect should be shown to the guy.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who's next to leave in TFC FO?