RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D - as always, thanks for doing this!

PS - the link to the Canada vs Czech Republic game doesn't seem to be working

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pluses of the present state of Canada (still rated 111) is that they have got a friendly match organized using every break available to attempt improving. The fact we got a date with number 27 should satisfy those disappointed with opponents such as Mauritania.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiweke really making the TFC turnaround his public priority. That is interesting. Not totally sure it's good news.

I did like this quote: “I’m focused, and I’m pissed off. We need to solve this thing.”
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Leiweke really making the TFC turnaround his public priority. That is interesting. Not totally sure it's good news.

I did like this quote: “I’m focused, and I’m pissed off. We need to solve this thing.”
    Didn't Tom Anselmi say something similar in 2011? That comment sets off warning bells that we are about to receive more of the same...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Didn't Tom Anselmi say something similar in 2011? That comment sets off warning bells that we are about to receive more of the same...
    Lieweke isn't Anselmi though. Who knows if this thing ends up working, but really, who would you rather have in charge than the guy who oversaw the Galaxy? There's a feature on him in Report on Business tomorrow by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

breaking news in my head .. I re Love TFC .. bring it TL i will be there for u .. The trash and recycle have now been disposed of

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that quote was funny. Takes alot to get pissed off I think. He hasn't been here long enough to be pissed off. Walk a day in the supporters shoes who have been here since day 1 getting the shaft from the front office. Raising prices and being smug. Screwing up the team year after year....now WE have earned the right to be pissed off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I haven't loved TL but I like the quote. I think he's got a right to be pissed off, because I'm sure all the holdovers tried to shift the blame and blow smoke up his keister. So he canned them all.

This I like.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir Alex Ferguson's 7 Leadership Secrets
    http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/a...86098634682368

I hope Nelson reads this book in the off-season...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Sir Alex Ferguson's 7 Leadership Secrets
    http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/a...86098634682368

I hope Nelson reads this book in the off-season...
    Its missing the part about having Howard Webb play for your ... Uh, I mean ref your big games

On a serious note, I think anyone who aspires to be a leader or coach would do well to read what he has to say.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I haven't loved TL but I like the quote. I think he's got a right to be pissed off, because I'm sure all the holdovers tried to shift the blame and blow smoke up his keister. So he canned them all.

This I like.
    In that case I see your point if that is what he is referring to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good you are pissed off, now don't bring the Argo's if you really mean those words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This I like.

The fact that the organization from top to bottom seems to have been up rooted is the only thing that makes me think the culture of lose has been exorcised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    I missed this yesterday. This is potentially good news. If he's replaced with someone just like him then its a move without meaning, but if they take this opportunity to replace him with someone with a different philosophy then it could have a massive positive impact on our team. Hopefully the new guy will understand the value in making money over the long haul vs cashing in and raping the fans wallets.

TFC's win-loss record didn't push me away, it was their greed - and Beirne is responsible for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article referenced by Denime (First item on Leiweke’s agenda is to fix Toronto FC) is more like a summary of what Leiweke said in the full interview as published in ROB magazine. (See http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle14983224/)

In that interview, Leiweke says the following:

"There’s never going to be another David Beckham. He’s the most popular athlete on the face of the earth. You’re not going to catch that lightning in a bottle again. In L.A., that worked particularly well, because he was the star of stars. We don’t need that here. We are well beyond a star in name and brand saving this franchise. Our fans would read right through that. We will get a player that is equal to, if not better than, David Beckham. We have to. The future of this franchise is at stake."

Better than Beckham eh? Talk about setting yourself up for a fall...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...02/?cmpid=rss1
    -Neil Davidson on today's media event
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/channel/interviews

-Player interviews from today are up
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano