Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun fact. 16 out of 21 current managers (incl NYCFC and Orlando) have played in MLS as player.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's now official:

The new logo of New York City FC.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a nice badge

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/a...nd-revolution/

Why Krafts are the worst MLS owners. Anyone who has gone to Gilette Stadium for an away game knows.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/a...nd-revolution/

Why Krafts are the worst MLS owners. Anyone who has gone to Gilette Stadium for an away game knows.
    One thing bothers me: it's very conspicuous how these American writers neglect TFC's major influence on MLS 2.0. (it wasn't just building stadiums that changed MLS' culture), or the existence of Vancouver or Montreal (except in the one chart).

Yeah, the Krafts are bad owners. They are also bad for the modern league. They reportedly fought the Designated Player rule, wanting to keep costs as low as possible. The Revs are basically a tax write-off that helps cover empty dates in the Patriot's stadium.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-25-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather they just folded the Revs just so they can take away the franchise from this idiot owner, yes I realize that in the early years without Kraft there might not have been an MLS, however, he does not care about the team or league is just in it for the tax write-off. The Revs hosted the MLS Cup a numbers of years back and they made it to the final and Bob Kraft was not even there. With the league growing they need owners like the ones in K.C. who took over a Revs like franchise and made them one of the best off the field franchises in the league. It's too bad because Boston is such a great city and I think with a new soccer stadium closer to the city Boston could become a Portland a Seattle or another K.C. kind of franchise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...soccer-profile

Another good article on Seattle vs Portland rivalry

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I would rather they just folded the Revs just so they can take away the franchise from this idiot owner, yes I realize that in the early years without Kraft there might not have been an MLS, however, he does not care about the team or league is just in it for the tax write-off. The Revs hosted the MLS Cup a numbers of years back and they made it to the final and Bob Kraft was not even there. With the league growing they need owners like the ones in K.C. who took over a Revs like franchise and made them one of the best off the field franchises in the league. It's too bad because Boston is such a great city and I think with a new soccer stadium closer to the city Boston could become a Portland a Seattle or another K.C. kind of franchise.
    you could build a nother team there, wouldnt be hard to compete. Its a matter making that happen with the old boys club

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The Timbers owner apparently spends about half of every game with the Timbers Army

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    It's now official:

The new logo of New York City FC.
    Not bad. One of the better new logos in MLS. I would have made two small changes, though. Firstly, the two pentagons representing the 5 boroughs should be a little bit bigger or perhaps given a small border around them to highlight them just a bit more. Secondly, I'm not really big on the font they used for the NYC text in the middle of the badge. Just a bit too plain for my liking, but it's not terrible by any stretch either. Actually, make it three changes, because I could do with a thinker band of orange on the outside.

Other than that, it's a solid 4 out of 5 as crests go.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^It looks very similar to another logo...can't put my finger on it?
    Last edited by LFC8; 04-01-2014 at 11:29 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2...ey-partnership

Colorado has a shirt sponsorship with Ciao Telecom. Rumoured at 2 mil per year for 4-5 yrs
    Last edited by Yohan; 05-01-2014 at 02:47 PM.

-Eduardo Galeano