Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker can pass pretty well. He's a more accurate passer than any of our other CMs except Laba.

Unfortunately that's pretty much where the positives end. He needs so much more playing time. Needs to learn better decision-making and how to be more responsible defensively. And he should train beside Laba every day to learn how to carry himself with a sense of urgency and how to be tougher on the ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Bekker can pass pretty well. He's a more accurate passer than any of our other CMs except Laba.

Unfortunately that's pretty much where the positives end. He needs so much more playing time. Needs to learn better decision-making and how to be more responsible defensively. And he should train beside Laba every day to learn how to carry himself with a sense of urgency and how to be tougher on the ball.
    and how to not to panic with the pressure on and make dumb ass decisions
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    ^^^ wow 0bl1vious... either some mega trolling, or just living up to your name.
    Classy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that game can fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck it, now we knock the Limpact out of the playoffs next week. It'll all be worth it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Classy.
    OK then, that answers it. I guess it is trolling and not just obliviousness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible officiating and no consistency with the calls... Osorio got burnt big time, perhaps he got on the refs bad side earlier in the game?! ... 10 min. later I saw a Chicago defender hand the ball and no call (arm was up in the air as well)... Guess it just makes me more pumped to get on the officials at BMO for our last game!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that PK was soft, but can't say TFC deserved anything.

lacking a DM to break up plays centre of the pitch put TFC on back foot way too much
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now get set for the next installment of "well if it hadn't been for a soft decision, we would have gotten a point there. The boys played hard and we dominated much of the game" etc. etc.

Reality is we gave them a lot of chances but both offences are not all that good. One great save from Frei and one great save from their keeper. We deserved to lose but more like 2-1 .

Dike and Weidman are the only strikers we have who go after the ball. Earnshaw has lost a step and Braun...well he had an open look from near the top of the box and chose to pass it square, which tells me a lot about his confidence in handling the speed fo defenders.

Henry didn't play to bad. Bloom was steady in defence. They targeted Morgan and he showed why he is a target - can't handle technical wingers.

Frei played well. One great save and steady the rest of the way. A bit wayward with some of his kicks.

Rey did OK but Lambe looked out of his depth. I really hope he's gone next season.

Bekker - can't handle the pace of the game. Has not adjusted all season. Needs a loan out. And when Osorio has to step it up in defence, he suffers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jiforio View Post
    Terrible officiating and no consistency with the calls... Osorio got burnt big time, perhaps he got on the refs bad side earlier in the game?! ... 10 min. later I saw a Chicago defender hand the ball and no call (arm was up in the air as well)... Guess it just makes me more pumped to get on the officials at BMO for our last game!
    You know, I was saying pretty much the same thing to my wife as we were watching... I think it would sting a bit less if it seemed like we at least were on the positive side of some of those shit calls, but somehow it always seems we're the ones giving up a penalty from a ball-to-hand situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Soft penalty but Osorio has to watch where his arms are.
    His arms are by his side. Where else
    would they be? Waving about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    that PK was soft, but can't say TFC deserved anything.
    That's Nelsen Kiwi ball, gunning for the 0-0 draw. Plus, cemented Chicago win with Braun swapping out Dike.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    That's Nelsen Kiwi ball, gunning for the 0-0 draw. Plus, cemented Chicago win with Braun swapping out Dike.
    Dike is still coming off an ACL. He was looking gassed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can see why Nelson hasn't played him, Bekker is not his type of player. Doesn't get stuck in, doesn't work hard to win the ball back, lacks physicality, etc. Doesn't really fit in a flat 4-4-2. No way Nelson picks him 3rd overall. But I guess that's what you get when you hire a coach who couldn't be at the draft because he's still playing professionally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bantamfan View Post
    His arms are by his side. Where else
    would they be? Waving about?
    Incorrect, Osorio's arm was shoulder level or above. There's definitely a ball to hand element but it's kind of canceled out by not having control of his arms and their bad positioning in relation to his body. It's not a good PK call but not an awful one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed - still doesn't make the fact that our only viable option for a sub without changing formation was Braun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw up to the half, then had to put my daughter to bed. Came back and saw that Chicago beat Toronto on Penalty kicks. Then I realized that my son and his friend had switched to playing FIFA14. Shooed them to bed and saw that Chicago had won on a penalty kick. *sigh*

Well, at least we have something to play for next weekend. I'd like nothing better than to stick it to the Impact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A gassed Dike is better than anything Braun can do. He's played 90 or nearly that a few times before today I don't see fitness as an issue. The ACL history is irrelevant if it was physically relevant he wouldn't be playing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Incorrect, Osorio's arm was shoulder level or above. There's definitely a ball to hand element but it's kind of canceled out by not having control of his arms and their bad positioning in relation to his body. It's not a good PK call but not an awful one.
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you saw... replys on TSN clearly showed the ball hitting his arm between the elbow and shoulder, with his arm tight to his torso. At worst, you can blame him for turning 90-degrees to the ball and exposing his arm, but as Yohan said earlier, it's really a matter to a fraction of a second between the ball getting kicked and it hitting Osorio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Agreed - still doesn't make the fact that our only viable option for a sub without changing formation was Braun.
    If we had a decent sub midfielder, we could have brought him in for Dike and pushed Osorio up - I saw that earlier this season.

But all of our 4 decent midfielders were injured or out there (Osorio, Laba, Convey, Rey). The fact we rely upon Hall and Russel and Lambe for midfield depth, and that nobody in management is talking about an upgrade there, is just mind boggling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But all of our 4 decent midfielders were injured or out there (Osorio, Laba, Convey, Rey). The fact we rely upon Hall and Russel and Lambe for midfield depth, and that nobody in management is talking about an upgrade there, is just mind boggling.
    Which is why bringing Earnshaw back with significant 6 figures would be the death of 2014 TFC. Spend it on midfield, better yet bring in a DP midfielder. Two DP forwards seems comical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reggie Lambe with yet another start with no assist or goal, that must be some kind of MLS record for a winger.

And who thought signing Justin Braun to a 100k contract before the season started after being let go by two teams last year? Not me.

Go Jeremy Hall! Portland and Dallas fans couldn't understand why anyone would trade for you after being on their teams, but we're TFC so we think you're great!

These 3 players are just a small example of the TFC players who don't belong in MLS. I don't mean not playing but on the roster, I mean not in MLS.

And if Bekker somehow doesn't look great come next year, then TFC sure will sure look stupid at this draft after seeing the Rapids 2 stud rookies or Andrew Farrell - the consensus #1 pick at the draft....for everyone that is, except Kevin Payne who said both Boss and Henry were already better!! You can't make this stuff up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Reggie Lambe with yet another start with no assist or goal, that must be some kind of MLS record for a winger.

And who thought signing Justin Braun to a 100k contract before the season started after being let go by two teams last year? Not me.

Go Jeremy Hall! Portland and Dallas fans couldn't understand why anyone would trade for you after being on their teams, but we're TFC so we think you're great!

These 3 players are just a small example of the TFC players who don't belong in MLS. I don't mean not playing but on the roster, I mean not in MLS.

And if Bekker somehow doesn't look great come next year, then TFC sure will sure look stupid at this draft after seeing the Rapids 2 stud rookies or Andrew Farrell - the consensus #1 pick at the draft....for everyone that is, except Kevin Payne who said both Boss and Henry were already better!! You can't make this stuff up.
    Lol - I was thinking exactly that about Braun when he came on... hell, I was thinking that he'd barely get a spot on a USL bench with that form!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen with some praise for Frei in his post-game comments but coy on whether he'll get the start over Bendik next week.

I hope he picks Frei, I think that would actually work out well. We can give him a well earned sending off and Nelsen can avoid the politics by saying he's just rewarding players for taking their chances.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post

TFC didn't sign Justin Braun to 100k contract. He was traded to TFC by RSL for Aaron Maund

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    TFC didn't sign Justin Braun to 100k contract. He was traded to TFC by RSL for Aaron Maund

this just reminded me of something.. a friend asked me if i was hoping we'd tank our last two games to get a better draft spot, and then i remembered:

WE GAVE AWAY OUR TOP DRAFT PICK FOR ERIC HASSLI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    this just reminded me of something.. a friend asked me if i was hoping we'd tank our last two games to get a better draft spot, and then i remembered:

WE GAVE AWAY OUR TOP DRAFT PICK FOR ERIC HASSLI.

im sure MLS will get involved and get us a pick, right?

RIGHT?

Probably just force a trade for Hall and Lambe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL the folks that can't see the replay and tell that's a straight-up bad penalty call. Awful ref.

But Chicago hit a couple of crossbars & uprights, while TFC was toothless upfront once again, so there's really not anything to complain about wrt. the result.

Bekker had a few positive moments. But the way he was running backwards, far away from Chicago's players in the midfield, fearful of challenging them, until Bekker was at the end of our penalty area, that was plain awful. Actually various TFC players were leaving them way too much room to tee up passes or long shots.

Morgan's repeated nonchalance when he's facing a player who is consistently beating him is really frustrating. Ashtone, forget that act when you keep getting burned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrible passes from Becker, especially when under pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker needs to improve something about his game if he’s going to have a future as a professional. If he thinks he’s an attacker he needs to learn how to run defenders and attack space. Forces the pass far too often. If he’s going to be a DM or box-to-box guy he better start getting in better shape and getting stuck in more. Either way his game is disappointing.

Bekker aside, the guys we play centrally seem to take a lot of flak attack wise. I would blame at least part of this on the coaching staff. We are playing a flat 4-4-2 and forcing the ball down the channels. That doesn't put the central mids in the pockets of space to make great attacking plays very often. We have the most amateur tactics in the entire league.