Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    There is nobody there what a joke, say what you want about the Impact but if this game was in Montreal it would be sold out, fuck Houston if their fans can't show up for a playoff game then I hope the Impact win!
    At least this troll won't be posting until March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payback for stealing Joes banner. Karma is a bitch Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pathetic crowd, rain or not it just looks very bad on the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Payback for stealing Joes banner. Karma is a bitch Montreal.
    And after that performance I think we can successfully argue that the Limpacts still haven't played in a playoff game.

Jesus, that was sad. Official attendance is just over 10,000, lowest in Houston for the season. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL MLS THAT MOM-AND-POP marketing doesn't work, and kid ticket giveaways just give an artificially inflated idea of how a team is doing. Now you know how many hardcores there are in Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And after that performance I think we can successfully argue that the Limpacts still haven't played in a playoff game.

Jesus, that was sad. Official attendance is just over 10,000, lowest in Houston for the season. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL MLS THAT MOM-AND-POP marketing doesn't work, and kid ticket giveaways just give an artificially inflated idea of how a team is doing. Now you know how many hardcores there are in Houston.
    We can because that wasn't a playoff game it was a play in game. Wildcard game if you will. Not playoffs to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

That's just a bit of an overreaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that there was something about warning of floods or something in Houston, so maybe give them a break for the lack of attendance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    That's just a bit of an overreaction.
    On what grounds? They were utterly dominated. As for the second point, you don't think 10,000 for a playoff game is a bad turnout? Or you don't associate it with it being Hallowe'en tonight? If your crowd base is dominated by small children, which night are you likeliest to get the smallest crowd of your entire season?

No, I'd say both pretty justified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    I read that there was something about warning of floods or something in Houston, so maybe give them a break for the lack of attendance?
    Maybe. They warn of floods all across East Texas about a hundred times a year, and yesterdays' weather problems in Houston were in the morning, not at night. The later flash flood warnings didn't include Harris county, where the stadium is and where they have a drawing population just in the metro area of 2.2 million, so ... 10,000? No, that's pretty sad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    rain, short notice (as most wildcard games are), along with the fact that it's on halloween.
    for example, take every single person here who'd attend games that has kids, and cancel them right the fuck out.

i agree that it looks bad on the league, but it's completely understandable.

also, found this kicking around r/MLS from an impact supporter:
    Some good news:
    I'm watching the match in bed. Didn't want to get up to get some candy. Luckily, I found a piece of candy under my arm. I ate it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, the attendance was bad, but you can't say the supporters that did come didn't bring it. It sounded like there were 30,000 there. Due to the weather issues, I'd cut them a bit of slack.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Seattle go through 2-0 final. Gspurning's huge gaffe didn't cost them tonight.

No surprise this would be the league favourite with that crowd and Dempsey going through.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When being critical of other teams attendance I make sure to look at it as if it happened to us. How disappointed would I be if we were in the first round on Halloween with a storm warning and 10K showed?

Very.

No sympathy for Houston fans. They missed their team perform well against a very experienced squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It's Texas. It's the land where football rules and baseball comes second. I'm actually surprised they got as many as they did for a Thursday night game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    It's Texas. It's the land where football rules and baseball comes second. I'm actually surprised they got as many as they did for a Thursday night game.
    No baseball and what gridiron was on last night?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was an Impact supporter I would have serious questions about how the club finished the season (1 win in the last 8 games of the regular season and only 5 points - If I heard the announcer correctly). Complete contrast to how they finished last season. I still don't think they should have fired Marsch. I guess the true test will be to see how they perform next season. Also, the end of that game was an embarrassment (no need to get chippy in a game in which you were completely outplayed).

Luckily, I am a TFC supporter so I have bigger worries

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    They were probably all watching Bengals and Dolphins. Hey, nothing interferes with Thursday night NFL. ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no impact fan, but playoffs are playoffs even if its a play-in game. If TFC was in that position I'd still take it to the bank and call it a successful season.

As for the crowd, definitely disappointing but I've seen enough out of Houston in the past to say they have respectable support. Someone mentioned rain, but I think a few other things would have gone wrong as well. The fans there do normally turn out in numbers for MLS playoffs.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-01-2013 at 01:21 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh great. football lines everywhere. both SKC at Revs and Portland at Seattle
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is not a good reflection on the game when you see football lines. One day hopefully everyone will have soccer specific stadiums to play in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    oh great. football lines everywhere. both SKC at Revs and Portland at Seattle

Terrible.

Is this the 2013 MLS playoffs or have I time warped back into 1996?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is one ugly pitch to be playing on.

Revs owners are cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Considering they high school football stadiums in Texas that can hold 20,000, I'm sure there was a game somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That is one ugly pitch to be playing on.

Revs owners are cheap.
    I keep thinking the football out of bound lines are the soccer out of bound lines. Makes it hard to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone think one day a team like New England will be able to fill that stadium? Puts it into perspective when you compare it to the Patriots. Makes what Seattle is doing all the more impressive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Does anyone think one day a team like New England will be able to fill that stadium? Puts it into perspective when you compare it to the Patriots. Makes what Seattle is doing all the more impressive.
    No. Foxborough is too far from Boston. And the Krafts/Revs FO is incompetent as hell, and don't give a shit about their soccer team

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The New England Patriots have a game tomorrow afternoon at 4:25 P.M. at this stadium Gillete Stadium, thus, the reason for the football lines, but at least their is a decent crowd there unlike the other night in Houston.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it helps being a Sat game, instead of a weeknight game.

1-0 NE. Ugliest 1 yd tap in goal.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classy finish by Rowe, but Sporks hit back. 2-1 NE

-Eduardo Galeano