Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maximiliano Urruti Appreciation Thread

Just so we don't forgot we ever had this player. I appreciate your efforts when you were with the club for 24 days. Hope you tear this league a new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What might have been...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wall of Honour please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, who? Now I'm having trouble keeping track of Designated fucking Players..... He was a designated player, right? I don't even....

Sort it out.
    Last edited by Brooker; 10-02-2013 at 01:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the boards were down longer then he was here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    true story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Lol, sad but true.

I was livid when this trade was initially announced, but I have since started to warm up to the acquisition of Bright Dike.

Nonetheless, our organization didn't do itself any favors from a PR standpoint with this transaction after pursuing Urruti for several months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we really hope he tears the league apart? I hope he makes a living and maintains good health, that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Urutti did score for the Timbers last game and the Timbers Army supporters that have attended some practice sessions say he could be a gem. I'm starting to think Nelsen should be canned for letting Urutti go easily and cheaply compared to the hoops that TFC jumped through, making NOB angry and almost burning all bridges with AFA. I think Year 0 will start in 2015 now, since Nelsen will be a lame duck coach eventually.
    Last edited by NolbertoS; 10-05-2013 at 08:10 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Lets fire a coach bc a dude scored one goal so far for another team and some ppl says he looks good. So logical!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't the guy we got for him also score a goal for us in the same period.. on the same day?

and didn't we get a bunch of other stuff that will help get another player... while still maintaining a cash investment so that we get paid when he develops fully and is sold?

It seems like an actual decent deal, while there was a little hype still (in case he flamed out) and if it results in a strong real DP upfront that can score like DK did (you know for the short period he played) then it was good.

I did watch the highlights because I want the kid to do well and get several million in transfer fee when he is sold later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to keep following urruti but i think dike can create a lot of problems for teams with his strength and speed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people confuse me lol... Urruti signs and first comment I saw were "he's skinny and unknown, not sure he'll be able to handle MLS" now he scores 1 flukey goal for a team that was pressuring LA for 75 minutes, and he's a gem? For sure he's going to be scoring goals, but is he DP quality? I don't know... None of us do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. 37

His number.
    His minutes played for TFC.

that's about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really have a strong opinion on the trade, but I'd be fascinated to know what happened, that caused the team to make it. The dude was here for a little over three weeks, and appears to have been a bit of a project to bring in, in the first place.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I don't really have a strong opinion on the trade, but I'd be fascinated to know what happened, that caused the team to make it. The dude was here for a little over three weeks, and appears to have been a bit of a project to bring in, in the first place.

- Scott
    Wasn't the big deal with him that he would be a DP next season and TL wants to bring in 2 BIG DP signings?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Well Urutti did score for the Timbers last game and the Timbers Army supporters that have attended some practice sessions say he could be a gem. I'm starting to think Nelsen should be canned for letting Urutti go easily and cheaply compared to the hoops that TFC jumped through, making NOB angry and almost burning all bridges with AFA. I think Year 0 will start in 2015 now, since Nelsen will be a lame duck coach eventually.

Urruti scored the same day his opposite Dike did for us. The day was even but for the fact that Dike does not demand a DP status next year. Portland was willing to take that on.

Nelsen was only a part of that decision to trade for Dike. The trade was approved and gave the team a lot more options for the quickly approaching off season. The bridges burned will be minimal. The primary negotiator from or camp is now gone and in the end the transaction is shouldered by our league as a whole. MLS made good use of Urruti. TFC did not handle the negotiation well at all and made changes to prevent it from happening again.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)