Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistcaly for the field you would make a move to that super turf mix that is part grass part turf. I think Arsenal use it.

But anyhow, price is the big factor (no increase) for next year. I think Agro talk is a long way out. The work itself would take an entire off season and I really cant see project planning and movement including construction being done by start of next season.

We will have to balance the long term vision with the short term.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    Spot on Suds.

Although I'd settle for a team that was competitive each week.

For me, the gesture is too little too late. I lasted 6 years as STH.
    Two things need to occur before I even consider buying back in:
    1) The team needs to be competitive team - and that's gonna take some time;
    2) This Argos sideshow, if BMO becomes their new home, I'm out.
    Bang on. That's exactly how long I lasted and what I'd need to get back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a season ticket holder from day1 the only reason for not RENEWING would be if (a) field turf along with the ARGO'S .This would be shear STUPIDITY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received a TFC email from Leiweke explaining the season seat renewal. You can reserve your seat at current prices but won't have to pay for them until January. Or you can decide then to let them go if you don't like what they've done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prices appear to be frozen and relocation may still be in the fall. (from the email just sent out)

"Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January"

"In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came through by e-mail from TFC - "Letter From Tim Lieweke".

It appears as though renewals will still take place this year, as well as relocation, but no money down until January. Not sure if that means you can back out in January if you aren't happy.

When I first joined Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment three months ago, our first priority was to bring a championship culture to the organization and all its teams, but Toronto FC was going to be one of our most important projects.

MLS Soccer is very near and dear to my heart, and in more than ten years with the L.A. Galaxy, I saw first-hand what it takes to build a championship team in this league. We want more than anything to reward your support of Toronto FC with a winning team, and as a result, we had to make some hard decisions yesterday to begin that process.

Kevin Payne and I go back many years and I have great respect for him as both a person and as a MLS General Manager. He and I mutually agreed that TFC would go in a different direction in our mission to build a winning team here in Toronto. We understand that there have been too many management changes with Toronto FC over the years, and as a fan, that turnover had to be frustrating. We thought long and hard about the impact of yet another change, but the bottom line was that not making a change was going to be even more frustrating for you.

Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January so that you can see our vision for the team, evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season. You deserve that respect and we want you to know that delivering on our promise to you for this team's future is paramount.

In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs.

When Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer, you created an environment here that was the envy of the League. We know that you want to support this team and we want to build a team here that restores the excitement.
    Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to making Toronto FC a team that you can be proud of.
    Last edited by pdogg; 09-05-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Formatting for easier reading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Just came through by e-mail from TFC - "Letter From Tim Lieweke".

It appears as though renewals will still take place this year, as well as relocation, but no money down until January. Not sure if that means you can back out in January if you aren't happy.
    Think you can based on this: "...evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Think you can based on this: "...evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season."
    If it's for the sake of getting relocation in before the weather turns, it seems kind of pointless. Even if I wasn't planning on renewing in October, I would probably say yes, just to see what happens over the following months. This could mean less relocation opportunities and possibly more empty pockets next year.

And I might be a bit cynical, but unless I see something very close to "cancel without penalty", I'm going to assume you can't back out freely. But again, just me being cynical and untrusting.
    Last edited by pdogg; 09-05-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    If it's for the sake of getting relocation in before the weather turns, it seems kind of pointless. Even if I wasn't planning on renewing in October, I would probably say yes, just to see what happens over the following months. This could mean less relocation opportunities and possibly more empty pockets next year.

And I might be a bit cynical, but unless I see something very close to "cancel without penalty", I'm going to assume you can't back out freely. But again, just me being cynical and untrusting.
    Yeah, there would definitely be no reason to say you are not renewing in October whether you intend to or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Year Negative One pricing would've been better. But at least he gets that any kind of a price increase right now would be suicide.

All he's done is buy himself time before people commit to saying no. So in October we commit to the SSH ticket, then don't get ding'ed until January? Or don't commit at all, then he gets some huge signing, then increases the prices?

I'm skeptical because this is something MLSE would do. I don't think Liewike is that stupid though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The poor new GM has 3 months to put together a squad that will give us STHs some level of confidence going forward.....Good Luck with that To-Do list!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find interesting in the email is the statement about "holding the prices flat". hmmmm, TL was directly asked about pricing in today's media call thingy and he said he does not know what they are doing with the pricing. Ok so you take both of these pieces of info for what they're worth and raise a spockien eyebrow then ask yourself, why did he say in his media call that the reasoning was to hold off on the money portion of the renewal to prove their worth, that "a marketing plan won't work this time" and yet here we read a mass email that specifically aims to be a personal type letter from Tim (I can call him Tim because obviously he sent me an email directly *cough) with information clearly stating pricing information...hmmm, he either knew and said he didn't or the email is a marketing tool when he said it wasn't going to work... but he can't have it both ways I guess this attempt at reaching out to the customers has me, uhhh, holding my wallet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raising the price after a signing would mean a two tier system based on old SSH and new ones starting next year; it would create needless confusion in their renewal systems. I suspect a price freeze means a price freeze for both old and new. At least I'm hoping so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this club (probably more like 3 or 4 steps back). Not sure how many more step backs we can take before this thing falls off the cliff (got to be close now!). MLS FO must cringe every time they hear that TFC has scheduled a news conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So "Reinforcements aren't coming", still coming, or what? Someone explain to me how marquee DP's are suddenly available after transfer windows have closed? When are trades allowed again in certain leagues?
    Also - I have nothing against Nelson but if you had to fire the GM that brought him here for no obvious reason, why not be open to allow a new GM to make his own choice? What role does a GM play with this team? I don't understand how the new direction will suddenly become clear between now & January?

I think KP must have told TL to F* Off or something. Doesn't this whole set-up allow for more uncertainty next season as the new GM can point to Nelson as the problem if things aren't going well as it wasn't his choice.

Somehow everyone gets paid...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The e-mail clearly says that the prices are being kept flat. TL has mentioned that they would not change the prices in January (i.e. the prices would not be raised based on signings). Lastly (this is to Bones), he introduces himself as Tim - very personable guy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

copy of this said email?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JonO: yeah just like all the ones before him, because it's not a marketing tool at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    copy of this said email?
    Thursday, September 5, 2013
    Dear ________,

When I first joined Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment three months ago, our first priority was to bring a championship culture to the organization and all its teams, but Toronto FC was going to be one of our most important projects.
    MLS Soccer is very near and dear to my heart, and in more than ten years with the L.A. Galaxy, I saw first-hand what it takes to build a championship team in this league. We want more than anything to reward your support of Toronto FC with a winning team, and as a result, we had to make some hard decisions yesterday to begin that process.
    Kevin Payne and I go back many years and I have great respect for him as both a person and as a MLS General Manager. He and I mutually agreed that TFC would go in a different direction in our mission to build a winning team here in Toronto. We understand that there have been too many management changes with Toronto FC over the years, and as a fan, that turnover had to be frustrating. We thought long and hard about the impact of yet another change, but the bottom line was that not making a change was going to be even more frustrating for you.
    Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January so that you can see our vision for the team, evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season. You deserve that respect and we want you to know that delivering on our promise to you for this team's future is paramount.
    In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs.
    When Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer, you created an environment here that was the envy of the League. We know that you want to support this team and we want to build a team here that restores the excitement.
    Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to making Toronto FC a team that you can be proud of.
    Yours truly,

Tim Leiweke
    President & CEO
    Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL seems up front, as per "I’d rather go back to everyone and say keep your money until January and then we’ll come calling. Between now and then we better do a good job because I don’t think a marketing campaign is going to cut it this time." Doesn't seem the type to have this come back at him. Not that it matters, but personally I'd rather go with the team we've got playing on grass, than a team with a high-priced star playing on turf. In fact, I kinda like our team as it is, always hoping they'll get lucky, pull off some upsets and mature into a contender. Just need some help up front because I doubt if Urutti can deliver for a year or two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be renewing regardless, I enjoy the games very much.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As has been stated if it appears the Argos are in, I'm out. At least the field appears professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking to finally pull the trigger on seasons this year. I've pretty much been at every game this year anyways. But the Argos and worrying about prices going up when they make there big announcement in January lol I'm torn.

But ill probably just do it. It can't get any worse can it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I was looking to finally pull the trigger on seasons this year. I've pretty much been at every game this year anyways. But the Argos and worrying about prices going up when they make there big announcement in January lol I'm torn.

But ill probably just do it. It can't get any worse can it?

In Tim's letter to season ticket holders he made it clear that prices are staying the same: "Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Its a difficult situation. I've only been an SSH for 3 seasons, but for those that have been attending since day 1, it is fair to give them some time to cool down after another disappointment on the field.
    That said, I would have preferred an immediate renewal period. Perhaps it would finally drive away some of the scalpers, and others who have just been selling off their seats. While I imagine the famed TFC SSH waiting list has shrunk, there are probably still many supporters around the stadium who are hoping for a chance to get into a supporters section. I lucked out this year and got into 110, so the seat selection event is not a factor for me. But prior to this year, I looked forward to it. With such a late renewal period I guess that's off the table this year?
    TL said they will be having seat relocation sames as last year , allowing fans to find seats ' that best suit their needs '....after they request in October who will be 'holding' on to their seats...
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will see I hope not but its just hard to believe anything when it comes to dollar figures coming from ML$E

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Two big points determine it for me:

Price

Argos / field turf

Both need to be directly addressed.
    also seat location....if my view/closeness to the field is altered in any way.......done. Therefore moveable sections are the only alternative if they Argoize the stadium. But , yes GRASS is a must . It's silly really , no world class player, DP, will want to come here with any form of turf.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    It's silly really , no world class player, DP, will want to come here with any form of turf.
    didn't stop Seattle from getting Martins and Dempsey
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Realistcaly for the field you would make a move to that super turf mix that is part grass part turf. I think Arsenal use it.

But anyhow, price is the big factor (no increase) for next year. I think Agro talk is a long way out. The work itself would take an entire off season and I really cant see project planning and movement including construction being done by start of next season.

We will have to balance the long term vision with the short term.
    Phil , call me crazy but I can't see how they don't raise prices next year,. esp with the 'holding' of the season's till January. They sign a big name and hope for a demand . Otherwise with no price increase why wait till January?...Don't think many would renege on renewals after holding out this long.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    didn't stop Seattle from getting Martins and Dempsey
    true but that is AMERICA.....and they had what over 60,000 at the first home game......TO so far pales as a destination , I feel , unfortunately in the soccer world.

AND thank-god we didn't sign either.......waaay to much $$$$