Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    true but that is AMERICA.....and they had what over 60,000 at the first home game......TO so far pales as a destination , I feel , unfortunately in the soccer world.

AND thank-god we didn't sign either.......waaay to much $$$$
    yeah but your objection was the turf. i proved otherwise

I really think selling Toronto to a player is not a problem. it's selling TFC to a player that's the issue
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tell you what MLSE should do...offer a one season freebie to Day 1ers.
    Likely tough to do given season 2 etc STHs would be pissed off, but it'd be one hell of a gesture.

Or if that's unworkable, offer a BMO Field credit on some kind of a pre-loaded debit card on a sliding scale depending on longevity.

Both would be huge gestures.

On a personal level, I need an assurance of grass and no pointy-ball lines as well as a degree of faith in whoever the new GM/Prez will be to renew.

I really want to renew as I love 115 but this club does not deserve my money nor my time. MLSE has created a template for how not to run a football club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUOTE=Yohan;1613955]yeah but your objection was the turf. i proved otherwise

I really think selling Toronto to a player is not a problem. it's selling TFC to a player that's the issue[/QUOTE]

Yes of course , it's the organization.......esp heresay around the world , from disgruntled exMgmt/players.......still think the old turf , not hybrids, would maybe added incentive , the straw that breaks the camels back....Remember Dempsey got 8 million? per............he'd never get that anywhere. Money talks ?...
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    The e-mail clearly says that the prices are being kept flat. TL has mentioned that they would not change the prices in January (i.e. the prices would not be raised based on signings). Lastly (this is to Bones), he introduces himself as Tim - very personable guy
    So I wonder if you were a 1st year ssh last year do you pay the same rate again or do you pay the renewal rate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    So I wonder if you were a 1st year ssh last year do you pay the same rate again or do you pay the renewal rate?
    renewal rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Likely tough to do given season 2 etc STHs would be pissed off, but it'd be one hell of a gesture.

Or if that's unworkable, offer a BMO Field credit on some kind of a pre-loaded debit card on a sliding scale depending on longevity.

Both would be huge gestures.

On a personal level, I need an assurance of grass and no pointy-ball lines as well as a degree of faith in whoever the new GM/Prez will be to renew.

I really want to renew as I love 115 but this club does not deserve my money nor my time. MLSE has created a template for how not to run a football club.
    so you want your seasons tix for free, assurance of grass which they installed for 3 million bucks a few years back and no football lines ' in faith' from the new g.m.
    and you are questioning their template for running a club??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    so you want your seasons tix for free, assurance of grass which they installed for 3 million bucks a few years back and no football lines ' in faith' from the new g.m.
    LOL yeah I get your point but gesture-wise it'd do the trick for many

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    Mo Edu paid for that grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would look kind of silly if the argos are playing in a stadium with all red seats.. someone gonna have to change their uniforms. i sure dont want any navy blue argos crap hanging around BMO field. it will just look and feel wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAURORA View Post
    it would look kind of silly if the argos are playing in a stadium with all red seats.. someone gonna have to change their uniforms. i sure dont want any navy blue argos crap hanging around BMO field. it will just look and feel wrong.
    I'd think the Bank of Montreal would love to see us go Blue instead.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Seven year itch

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I'd think the Bank of Montreal would love to see us go Blue instead.
    Why not?
    bluepatchboys.ca is available.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Why not?
    bluepatchboys.ca is available.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Canadian_Division

The blue patch has as much history to it.

I'm good with Red, though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't put it past the club to overhaul and start as fresh as possible.

Although it seems more that clubs move to wearing Red, than away from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I distrust them more than most but it's pretty obvious a renewal will be at the same price as last year.

I really have trouble reconciling the hard ass executioner executive with this pandering, cap in hand letter.
    Unless maybe that Argo's sale/relocation goes through in February.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hold the prices flat". Is this the overall total or price per ticket? If it's the former, then technically, this translates to a price increase. I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS was looking at a reduced schedule (28 games) next season. Not sure if it's official yet. So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    "Hold the prices flat". Is this the overall total or price per ticket? If it's the former, then technically, this translates to a price increase. I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS was looking at a reduced schedule (28 games) next season. Not sure if it's official yet. So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.
    THIS.

+1

Money grubbing MLSE at it's finest. Trying to stick it up our ass and tell us we like it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS was looking at a reduced schedule (28 games) next season. Not sure if it's official yet. So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.
    I have my doubts that the reduction in games will go through.

The idea has not come from MLS. Its something sources say they are considering for the future. But the idea seems to be mostly floated by US Soccer types and their media supporters.

Until Don says it, it ain't happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post

Dropped my seats after season 5, but I think it would be a great gesture for the club to give a thank you gift to people who have kept seats since day 1. Doubt your getting free tickets but they could offer up free coaches to Montreal and Columbus for people who have held on for what will be 8 years. Maybe some free parking in a corporate sponsored '2007 club' parking area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That 2nd Div thing is perfect for anybody that jumps ship to Montreal.

Deserters to be shot btw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.
    Why assume they'd treat next year differently than any other year? They've always priced season tickets at price per game, and then calculated the final price accordingly.