Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renewals for 2014 Season Seats delayed until Jan 2014

As per Toronto FC webpage : The team also announced, that out of consideration for season seat holders, renewals for 2014 TFC season seats would be delayed from later this month until January, 2014 to give supporters proper time to evaluate the team’s off-season moves and progress before committing.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this organization can barely get our tickets to us the week of the first game as it was, this will send the business unit in a real spin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they will have about 2 months to sell any new seasons before the now annual opener at the Sky Dome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to put massive pressure on the new boss to sign a big name to attract ticket buyers. That is all this delay is about. 'Consideration for fans' my ass.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more time to hire a big name in order to justify a price increase.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is money where your mouth is time. I have no problem with them putting more pressure on themselves to impress us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems kinda unnecessary. I understand if they did the renewals now, they'll likely lose some STH's who are fed up. But if they go and make some big signings in the off-season wouldn't that just boost the ticket numbers back up? I don't really see what the advantage is except maybe by delaying several months it gives time for angry long-time fans to calm down and remain aboard.

That said, I do like the added pressure. But I would imagine the pressure would be about the same if they did the renewals today and lost half their audience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get ready for the PR and distraction campaign

'hey everyone, look at this nice new shiny bobble we bought to blind you from our complete incompetence as an organization' ... 'please renew and buy lots of shirts with (insert big player name here) so se can get more money and make it seem like we're making strides'

They are really so out of touch from understanding football fans in this city. Sure, they'll get a bump in sales for whatever underwear model they sign to wear the shirt. Then they'll fall back to the lame Marketing 101 of marketing to the buyer of tomorrow. Queue soccer mom and little kid focus.

For the first time I'm seriously questioning why I should even bother with this organization anymore.

We don't need a marquee name. Just put a fucking winning team on the field!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHAH "consideration for the fans"

Dear God the quotes just keep getting better.
    Remember this one? "supply and demand"

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post

True, but I have no issue with a marquee name if he's able to play quality football. I know there was plenty of glitz and glamour around the whole Beckham deal, but the guy made a significant contribution on the field for LA. If I had to choose between two rosters that performed equally well but one had a pair of famous players, I would rather see the big names. For no other reason than it generates added buzz... and when is that a bad thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nigel Reed ‏@Nigel_Reed 33s "We will be over in Europe soon" says Tim Leiweke on targets "marquee DPs". #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MacDonalds had a great campaign a while ago. Our food sucks but you will get a free toy!!! MLSE take note...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they realize that with today's moves, any SSH drive would end in free-fall. They're hoping that our frustration wanes after the season ends and that there will be a resurgence in interest when they sign an Italian DP. They're obviously going after the Italian community now. The new guy had better be able to speak english and spanish...

*Sigh*

So, when do Ottawa Fury season tickets go on sale?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a huge gamble on their part. The off-season starts today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a difficult situation. I've only been an SSH for 3 seasons, but for those that have been attending since day 1, it is fair to give them some time to cool down after another disappointment on the field.
    That said, I would have preferred an immediate renewal period. Perhaps it would finally drive away some of the scalpers, and others who have just been selling off their seats. While I imagine the famed TFC SSH waiting list has shrunk, there are probably still many supporters around the stadium who are hoping for a chance to get into a supporters section. I lucked out this year and got into 110, so the seat selection event is not a factor for me. But prior to this year, I looked forward to it. With such a late renewal period I guess that's off the table this year?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how this is a bad thing, it is of course about PR but if they bring over someone like Rooney/Ibrahimovic/C. Ronaldo/Mata etc. I am more than happy with it.

'Marquee names' are what they are because they are amazing players.

Also, whether we pay $10m/year or $600k/year, our DP's have the same salary cap hit. Why would we NOT want to have a marquee player?

As for 'selling shirts' that is a GOOD THING, if any of you want to go topple the capitalist system have at it, but as it is, the more money TFC makes the better.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    This is going to put massive pressure on the new boss to sign a big name to attract ticket buyers. That is all this delay is about. 'Consideration for fans' my ass.
    At the end of the day it'll be up to every individual ticket holder to decide what their idea of progress is and whether TFC met it. It's an interesting gamble on their part, much better than "trust us."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    At the end of the day it'll be up to every individual ticket holder to decide what their idea of progress is and whether TFC met it. It's an interesting gamble on their part, much better than "trust us."
    It is still going to be a "trust us" - just one that we're presented with 3 months later. So there might be a new GM in place, maybe a "marquee signing", but there will not have been a single kick of the ball from these new faces for us to make an assessment on. We will still be having to place our own bets on whether these individuals will turn it around i.e. "trust" that Leiweke got the right people.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TearsForCheers View Post
    It is still going to be a "trust us" - just one that we're presented with 3 months later. So there might be a new GM in place, maybe a "marquee signing", but there will not have been a single kick of the ball from these new faces for us to make an assessment on. We will still be having to place our own bets on whether these individuals will turn it around i.e. "trust" that Leiweke got the right people.
    The point is that the moves made will be big enough you wouldn't have to see a ball kicked. The ingredients will be present.

The rest we all know concerning recipe and baking aka team building and preseason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Its a difficult situation. I've only been an SSH for 3 seasons, but for those that have been attending since day 1, it is fair to give them some time to cool down after another disappointment on the field.
    That said, I would have preferred an immediate renewal period. Perhaps it would finally drive away some of the scalpers, and others who have just been selling off their seats. While I imagine the famed TFC SSH waiting list has shrunk, there are probably still many supporters around the stadium who are hoping for a chance to get into a supporters section. I lucked out this year and got into 110, so the seat selection event is not a factor for me. But prior to this year, I looked forward to it. With such a late renewal period I guess that's off the table this year?
    I will predict another "incentive for early renewals" drive.

Still not interested in another credit card or new shirt till I know a player I want on the back.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Nigel Reed ‏@Nigel_Reed 33s "We will be over in Europe soon" says Tim Leiweke on targets "marquee DPs". #TFC
    Europe, eh ? That could mean anything... last I checked there were 50 countries in Europe, with 54 of them members of UEFA (not sure how that works, but, hey, that's wikipedia).
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two big points determine it for me:

Price

Argos / field turf

Both need to be directly addressed.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seat relocation in February The reps will be digging out the seats with shovels to let you sit in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Price

Argos / field turf

Same here. Hopefully this issue is address on Sunday's picnic at TFC training facility.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Seat relocation in February The reps will be digging out the seats with shovels to let you sit in them.
    I agree. It was cold enough when they did it in November.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price

Argos / field turf

I agree. If price is fair I will renew. If field turf is put back , I am out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The point is that the moves made will be big enough you wouldn't have to see a ball kicked. The ingredients will be present.

The rest we all know concerning recipe and baking aka team building and preseason.

I appreciate the sentiment but there are many who will probably need to see a ball kicked.

Exhibit 1 - Torsten Frings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price

Argos / field turf

Totally agree!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price

Argos / field turf

I don't think we'll see fieldturf. Lieweke provided the example of Houston and LA who uses grass and shares it with football games. He could have said Foxboro or BC Place but he mentioned facilities with grass only.

We're more likely to see something like hybrid grass if they do rip it up.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 09-05-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    get ready for the PR and distraction campaign

'hey everyone, look at this nice new shiny bobble we bought to blind you from our complete incompetence as an organization' ... 'please renew and buy lots of shirts with (insert big player name here) so se can get more money and make it seem like we're making strides'

They are really so out of touch from understanding football fans in this city. Sure, they'll get a bump in sales for whatever underwear model they sign to wear the shirt. Then they'll fall back to the lame Marketing 101 of marketing to the buyer of tomorrow. Queue soccer mom and little kid focus.

For the first time I'm seriously questioning why I should even bother with this organization anymore.

Spot on Suds.

Although I'd settle for a team that was competitive each week.

For me, the gesture is too little too late. I lasted 6 years as STH.
    Two things need to occur before I even consider buying back in:
    1) The team needs to be competitive team - and that's gonna take some time;
    2) This Argos sideshow, if BMO becomes their new home, I'm out.