Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But I struggle to reason how this season can be considered successful.
    I haven't read any of this thread, but i call this season a success based alone on the fact that the salary cap ridiculousness we were being drowned by is under much better control now. Still not great, but better.

If anyone, regardless of what any front office personalities indicated, even thought that playoff contention would have been a viable target this season, you were surely fooling yourself. I expected nothing more than a bunch of losses, maybe some draws, and a whole lot of roster turnover.

Mission accomplished in my eyes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Read Cathal's piece from yesterday's Star...
    And right there you lose many people.

Cathal is a troll looking for eyeballs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    "I 'would' agree, except there were no promises made about this season. No promises of making play offs, or even contending."

Maybe no promises made directly. But they'll never directly promise anything. KP was on record as saying (paraphrasing): be in mix for a playoff spot in year 1 come fall. Make playoffs year 2. Compete for the big prize in year 3, which I take to mean be one of the best teams in the league.

By their own measuring stick they didn't reach their year one goal, but that's inconsequential compared to how we do in years two and three. But I struggle to reason how this season can be considered successful.
    Actually, I remember Payne saying that they're not expecting much this year, next year they want to be competitive and borderline playoffs, and the year following to be in the playoffs. He continued to say that once you're in the playoffs, it's anybody's game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ be that as it may, here's a source for what I referenced. And this I believe is part of a video that's posted somewhere on TFC TV. So make no mistake, he said it.

He’s looking to take the side that had its worst season yet in 2012 and finished dead last in Major League Soccer and turn it into a potential playoff team in 2013, a “realistic competitor” to win the East in 2014 and “one of the top teams” in the league by 2015.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...app=noRedirect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon Borg agreed with the Caldwell call on the Instant Replay released today, hence the official verdict on the play will be that the ref got it wrong. lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Simon Borg agreed with the Caldwell call on the Instant Replay released today, hence the official verdict on the play will be that the ref got it wrong. lol
    Simon Borg is the most annoying human being on earth, I don't let my son watch his bits without headphones on!
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And right there you lose many people.

Cathal is a troll looking for eyeballs.
    How does that guy even have a column?
    WE DID IT!