Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asif Hossain Appreciation

Asif informed us through twitter last night that he is leaving TFC in September and taking on a role with Canadian Olympic Association. I understand his going on to a new challenge and wish him the best, but a part of my TFC heart does not want to let him go.

Asif was my first ticket rep. He sat next to my wife and I for part of a game in that first season. He soon went from ticket rep to TFC media everything.

I think of TFC's interest in new media as being directly connected to Asif.

I also feel that he has been an intelligent voice through these turbulent TFC years. He has been respectful of the club, we all have to be aware of our employer's needs and interests, but I always felt that he understood the thoughts and feeling of supporters, bloggers, die-hards and crack-pots. I will miss his contributions, but I also trust that he will be a TFC supporter for life.

Thanks Asif...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Asif informed us through twitter last night that he is leaving TFC in September and taking on a role with Canadian Olympic Association. I understand his going on to a new challenge and wish him the best, but a part of my TFC heart does not want to let him go.

Asif was my first ticket rep. He sat next to my wife and I for part of a game in that first season. He soon went from ticket rep to TFC media everything.

I think of TFC's interest in new media as being directly connected to Asif.

I also feel that he has been an intelligent voice through these turbulent TFC years. He has been respectful of the club, we all have to be aware of our employer's needs and interests, but I always felt that he understood the thoughts and feeling of supporters, bloggers, die-hards and crack-pots. I will miss his contributions, but I also trust that he will be a TFC supporter for life.

Thanks Asif...
    Yeah, but has he written a profanity laced tirade against TFC supporters lately?

Just kidding, good luck to him. He'll be missed at TFC.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Asif for all the info and hard work over the years. All the best to him in his future job!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sucks because he was one of few people in TFC that was actually good in his job.

Do you know what his role will be with Canadian Olympic Association?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck in the new job, Asif.

It makes me wonder - if the good people are leaving, what does that bode for the quality of the FO staff that remain?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class act, and best of all actually understood football and its culture.

Wish him all the best.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif was also my first ticket rep. I feel bad for his successors in some ways, because he set high expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif was also my first ticket rep..When I needed any type of Info he was there and always had answers, Good luck Asif.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent many a game last season ploughing through the various trolls on the in game message track. He was a voice of reason in the midst of it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, he's one of the good ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif looked cooler 3 years ago. But didn't we all? His wife probably told him to calm down the sweet haircut so that Rachel wasn't all googly eyes over his sweetness. Good Luck Kid. I will remember your hair in 2011 the most.