Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OK - Where'd everyone go???

What happened?

Actually it was good therapy even though I kept looking...I need the break - although i saw a lot of snakes and spiders, it was horrible....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Zuckerberg's little website got more of my time...

But I admit to checking here every, 2 or maybe 3 seconds to see if we were back online lol
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at twitter a lot....and was ascared.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually dropped by the U-Sector board for the first time. I didn't last too long. The first thread I went to was the player speculation thread they had. The latest page they had going on that thread was all about bashing the RPB board and the people on it. Joking how they want to take it down by crashing a server among other immature talk. It was real interesting to read how much some U-Sec guys put us down. I lost any respect I had for them. I have been on this board a long time and have yet to see a bashing of another supporter group in any thread that was tolerated at all. I guess when you are jealous you lash out. Sincerest form of flattery? Maybe they should be discussing why 113 is a ghost town compared to 112 instead. Glad to be back with you RPB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, not gonna lie...was checking this 2-3 times a day to see what was up.

So what WAS up?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*yawn*

STREEEEEEEETTTTTTTTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

'mornin...
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was preoccupied with the American Outlaws capo shit storm that has been going on over the last few days leading into the USA Mexico game in Columbus, man were people getting angry. It was getting insane. A lot of back tracking going on. http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/...s?ICID=HP_BN_1 http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...e-takeover-usm

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I actually dropped by the U-Sector board for the first time. I didn't last too long. The first thread I went to was the player speculation thread they had. The latest page they had going on that thread was all about bashing the RPB board and the people on it. Joking how they want to take it down by crashing a server among other immature talk. It was real interesting to read how much some U-Sec guys put us down. I lost any respect I had for them. I have been on this board a long time and have yet to see a bashing of another supporter group in any thread that was tolerated at all. I guess when you are jealous you lash out. Sincerest form of flattery? Maybe they should be discussing why 113 is a ghost town compared to 112 instead. Glad to be back with you RPB.

yeah i saw that over at the u-sector boards as well - what's that all about??

i mean i'm not even an official member of RPB but i thought it was more than juvenile and mean spirited to say the least - now i know why i visit here instead - also the forum layout is much more conducive and user friendly

anyhow, glad it's back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post

i mean i'm not even an official member of RPB but i thought it was more than juvenile and mean spirited to say the least - now i know why i visit here instead - also the forum layout is much more conducive and user friendly

Charming.

Glad the board is back, thanks gents.

EDIT: I just read the thread. Fairly disappointing and quite inaccurate, which I'd expect better from some of the guys on there. The period most of them are referring to was a short window on either side of the Winter debacle and the boards here have been quite well policed ever since.
    Last edited by jloome; 08-29-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long for this time? Get a comment in quick before it disappears. :@)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post

I'm used to RPB being slagged by anyone who isn't RPB. They can say what they want.

I consider it to be to our credit that we largely a) ignore it, and b) don't engage in it ourselves. Also worth noting that some of the people who slag us, are ex-members who were banned from here - and then brag about how proud they are that they don't come here any more.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I'm used to RPB being slagged by anyone who isn't RPB. They can say what they want.

I consider it to be to our credit that we largely a) ignore it, and b) don't engage in it ourselves. Also worth noting that some of the people who slag us, are ex-members who were banned from here - and then brag about how proud they are that they don't come here any more.

- Scott
    Agree with this. Sad state of affairs but it's mostly just people pushing there own personal agenda's around this. This is a big reason why the southend will never be completely unified. Unfortunate the situation but I think eventually we have to start working with U-Sector and coming with a consensus that we need to work together to bring us back to what we had and where we could go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just personal politics and gripes that I, frankly, have little interest in.

All of the TFC SGs, at the end of the day, are supposed to be about a common cause, even if we all go about it differently. People who do nothing but complain about what other SGs are doing, have forgotten that. And that is why unifying on things can be difficult.

People can say whatever the want about us. I've got a job, and a life, and I have no time for losing sleep over how non-members talk about us on the internet.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Meh, could care less about U-Sec say on their own boards. From what I can tell, the core is just a small group of folks who've known each other for years, even pre-2007, who from what I can tell, are perfectly content with keeping their little social circle as it is. If there was no TFC, they'd be just as happy spending their Saturdays at Lamport or Centennial or wherever it is the Lynx play these days. I have no real issues with them. I watch away games with them at the Duke sometimes - a few of them are good for a few laughs anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really unfortunate, as I've said before, until we (all the supporters and supporters groups) are all on the same page, we won't be take quite as seriously by the club. There is power in numbers, and the more people we can get going in the same direction without any infighting, the better for ALL supporters. We all support the same team, we all want the same thing, why can't the supporters groups all be one entity and have power in numbers? One supporters group with 1000 members would have a hell of a lot more influence than two clubs with 500 members each.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are always a few people who jump on the internet and stir the pot. Last year there were a few guys that were here that said some pretty crazy stuff over there.

Bottom line is, the majority of them are good people who love this team as much as we do. Lets not make issues about the differences between the supporters groups but rather lets focus on the common things that bond us all together.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm still in the dark - what happened that cause the server outage over the last couple of days? I didn't realize how much I actually check on here until it was gone. I don't want to have to go through that withdrawl again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the RPB's collectively hitting F5 at the same time broke the interwebs!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Funny - I was still able to get on the last couple of days. Took a bit longer than usual, but could still get on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky you!!

I couldn't get in, and my work day felt incomplete by not having the forums on my 2nd screen

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the server moves and whatnot our domain renewal didn't transiton so well. In effect our DNS took a vacation. Direct IP would work fine if we had it. It shows how lazy I am because I just use the rpb dns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Lucky you!! I couldn't get in, and my work day felt incomplete by not having the forums on my 2nd screen
    Well, I could get access, but with no one else on, there was no point in sticking around very long! (oh, and I used direct IP, so maybe that's why I was able to)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to do something I hadn't even able to do for months.... Be productive at work.

Thankfully that is over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I was able to do something I hadn't even able to do for months.... Be productive at work. Thankfully that is over
    If it's rerouted to a new IP, it's still not working in Western Canada. But the IP directly works fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so productive for that last week it was insane

well... so much for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If it's rerouted to a new IP, it's still not working in Western Canada. But the IP directly works fine.
    Now THAT, is dedication. You lost me at "rerouted".

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    There's always a few like that in every crowd. Actually, U-Sector and RPB used to have a very hostile relationship during the earlier years of TFC. Looking back at it now, it's actually kinda embarrassing, but nowadays things are much better between the groups. It's kinda hard to keep any real animosity with people when you're sharing a bus seat with on a four-hour tip to Montreal.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't seem to 'quote' anyone on the mobile site.

Anyway, Phil's quote about focusing on what unites us needs to be read again. The Internet warrior nonsense is what keeps the south end divided. Turn the other cheek, and all that. Focus on face to face. In person, at the games nobody says the shit you read on the boards. We all want the same thing.

Phil's post again:

"There are always a few people who jump on the internet and stir the pot. Last year there were a few guys that were here that said some pretty crazy stuff over there.

Bottom line is, the majority of them are good people who love this team as much as we do. Lets not make issues about the differences between the supporters groups but rather lets focus on the common things that bond us all together."

Well put.

-Chris
    SG111

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I can't seem to 'quote' anyone on the mobile site.

Anyway, Phil's quote about focusing on what unites us needs to be read again. The Internet warrior nonsense is what keeps the south end divided. Turn the other cheek, and all that. Focus on face to face. In person, at the games nobody says the shit you read on the boards. We all want the same thing.

Phil's post again:

"There are always a few people who jump on the internet and stir the pot. Last year there were a few guys that were here that said some pretty crazy stuff over there.

Bottom line is, the majority of them are good people who love this team as much as we do. Lets not make issues about the differences between the supporters groups but rather lets focus on the common things that bond us all together."

Well put.

-Chris
    SG111
    Couldn't agree more, though people need to step up more and own what they (and their groupmates) say on the internet. The fact that people are unwilling to hurl the same snipes and insults in person, isn't a point in their favour. Calls for unity ring hollow, when a person spends part of their time viciously insulting another group on the internet, or allows fellow members to, without reprimand or disavowals.

But as Phil says, these people are far from the majority, and it's important to keep that in mind at all times. Otherwise you get sucked into a vortex of group politics. Most people just want to have a beer, watch some soccer, sing some songs, and talk about their team.

- Scott