Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw wasting the free kick right outside the box.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha dero! niiiiiice pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bring maxi on

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw isn't trusting his first touch.

Brockie staying on is just stupid. The man is leaving and Urruti is staying.

Get your next year time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why rey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like driving the used cars around the block....just advertising to potential buyers. The new cars are wrapped for the showroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have so many one dimensional players. Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nelsen can just go suck brockies dick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik was fantastic once again, Henry looked really good tonight, DeRo's goal was insane, and I hope Osorio is okay.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, this thread wins, I guess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think I prefer Weideman to Brockie.

If Osorio is injured.....owch.
    I used to be not for Weideman but I agree with you also prefer him over Earnshaw , he's done.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a joke we keep a guy on the bench who they have been trying to get all season for a guy who is leaving. a forward who wait for it got just one lousy goal since he got here. Sure he works hard so hard, who the fuck cares how hard you work, your a striker your suppose to score goals and you did not, go home and don't come back and bring your country man Nelson with you while your at it. Sorry guys but Nelson is turning out to be another lousy coach in the long line of lousy TFC coaches. Montreal 5 Houston 0 tonight not bad for a second year team, and were stuck with this mess 7 years and counting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    What a joke we keep a guy on the bench who they have been trying to get all season for a guy who is leaving. a forward who wait for it got just one lousy goal since he got here. Sure he works hard so hard, who the fuck cares how hard you work, your a striker your suppose to score goals and you did not, go home and don't come back and bring your country man Nelson with you while your at it. Sorry guys but Nelson is turning out to be another lousy coach in the long line of lousy TFC coaches. Montreal 5 Houston 0 tonight not bad for a second year team, and were stuck with this mess 7 years and counting!
    Agreed, but some people don't want to fire Nelsen and rather have him for few years. lol

Lousy coach who hasn't shown any improvement needs to be let go or demoted. Time to hire a proper manager! Not this hiring inexperience manager because it's cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made no sense to keep Brockie in - he wasn't particularly effective and we didn't owe him anything. Good action was happening and it would have been a better time to bring in Urruti than when we were down two against Columbus. Fresh forward legs would have been great.
    Last edited by miker; 08-24-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry - focus on the important things - like we are getting a roof....and games at half like building subway sandwiches....and maybe cheerleaders???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KurtLarSUN: Nelsen said Urruti didn't see time because of the Osorio injury, which forced him to make a midfield change. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think Henry, Lambe (yes Lambe), Caldwell had a great game. Even Morgan looked good.

I like that they kept Brockie on all game. Show some respect to the guy he deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has Brockie done to deserve anything......? He's been an ineffective loanee at best..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Agreed, but some people don't want to fire Nelsen and rather have him for few years. lol
    This i dont get. Some people would rather suck for years just so they can say we kept a manager longer than a year, even when its obvious that the man has no idea what he's doing. Who would have thought hiring another inexperienced manager would turn out to be a poor move. I mean we've only been doing it for 7 years and our results have just been fantastic under these inexperienced manager, so we get another one lol.

but its ok guys were obviously making progress. After 25 games we have 21 points. Same point last season we had 20 points. 1 point upgrade, obvious improvement.

If the dumbasses that work for the CSA can actually hire an experienced manager in Benito Floro, than TFC should be able to hire someone with experience as well.

Montreal 5 Houston 0 tonight not bad for a second year team, and were stuck with this mess 7 years and counting!
    but were on a 25 year rebuilding plan, we can't turn away from it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an experienced MLS coach available and he's also Canadian in Frank Yallop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks to Yallop. If we're stuck on being Canadian I'll take sasho cirovski (sp).

A bad week for TFC, that's for sure. Anyway, hopefully we have something more to show for it going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out all nite.Didn`t see the game,but look at the stats.Have we improved at all this year.We lose to Chivas and tie DC.Our new left back has not played yet and new outside mid has not looked overwhelming.Who knows what our new striker can do.Why is it other teams can turn it around a lot quicker then TFC or show improvement over the season. We still carry several players who cannot compete in this league.We do not have one draft pick who plays any big minutes. There is no way this team deserves to play in the MLS.I really do not think they will be much better next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brockie set up one of the better chances TFC had by drawing in the two defenders & getting it to Earnshaw. He can't finish, which makes him miscast in a striker role but he gives an honest effort.

Firing Nelsen would just be dumb. We need to allow these guys the time to build the team! TFC has had problems because MLSE lacked the spine to stick to anything. Give them a full off-season that nobody has gotten, give them a training camp with a full roster. I will say this though, next year we better not be going into a place like KC short handed & we better making some fucking progress...this 4 wins a year shit has got to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    Brockie set up one of the better chances TFC had by drawing in the two defenders & getting it to Earnshaw. He can't finish, which makes him miscast in a striker role but he gives an honest effort.

Firing Nelsen would just be dumb. We need to allow these guys the time to build the team! TFC has had problems because MLSE lacked the spine to stick to anything. Give them a full off-season that nobody has gotten, give them a training camp with a full roster. I will say this though, next year we better not be going into a place like KC short handed & we better making some fucking progress...this 4 wins a year shit has got to go.
    You could write a novel on all the things that were wrong with this team in the last 8 years. It would be just as easy to reason that we've never actually hired a proper manager as to say we lacked consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    But this is seriously why I can't stand it when TFC gets a manager with no experience during a "rebuilding process". Cause for all we know, this could very well be the best to his ability, and than this whole rebuild will once again be a waste. Its hard to judge. If we were to get an experienced manager he isn't doing so well, than it gives us a better picture of what to do with him ( could just mean his style doesn't work, etc ) But for Nelson, its basically lets wait a few years to see if he does turn up good after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    @KurtLarSUN: Nelsen said Urruti didn't see time because of the Osorio injury, which forced him to make a midfield change. #TFC
    How the hell does that effect Urruti?

On the game itself. Was really pleased with Henry and Morgan today.
    Last edited by Jeff s; 08-24-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    What has Brockie done to deserve anything......? He's been an ineffective loanee at best..
    Better than Earnshaw. Nobody on TFC can get an assist or consistently cross the ball to save their lives except for Convey and Brockie. He makes a lot more sense to play with Urruti next year. He can also make a pass and interact with the midfield which TFC desperately need. Nobody else can do anything with Bendik's monstrous hoofballs near the opposition 18 either... I like Bendik but his distribution needs improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game after a night of drinking and I'm glad I didn't stay in to watch it.

I pvrd the game and there was very little to be impressed by.

I'm now watching the other game I pvrd. Montreal looks good.

It pains me to see this. Do vaio is literally better than anything we've ever had by a longshot.

I see this game ending 3-4 to 1 Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A midfield of Hall and Russel is not going to attack their zone. So when we went wide and crossed in well for once, we relied upon our strikers.

And I am not a fan of our wide mids tucking in. Lambe got into wide areas but defensively, he and Convey were exposing the Fbs by staying inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares about the game itself - My game thread WON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    But this is seriously why I can't stand it when TFC gets a manager with no experience during a "rebuilding process". Cause for all we know, this could very well be the best to his ability, and than this whole rebuild will once again be a waste. Its hard to judge. If we were to get an experienced manager he isn't doing so well, than it gives us a better picture of what to do with him ( could just mean his style doesn't work, etc ) But for Nelson, its basically lets wait a few years to see if he does turn up good after all.
    It makes perfect sense to hire an inexperienced manager during a rebuild because that guy can learn on the job & grow with the team. A higher quality of manager is going to have his own options & is naturally not going to choose a team that doesn't have talent to work with. The most unreasonable thing is hiring an inexperienced manager & then firing the guy because he doesn't get instant results.

I've seen nothing from Nelsen that suggests that he is some kind of burden that prevents the team from accomplishing more. Until we see what he does with a more talented roster, any judgement on the guy is rash to say the least. At the end of the day, Kevin Payne & the FO are going to have more of a hand in deciding the fate of this rebuild than Nelsen is. If the front office doesn't improve the quality of this roster, then Nelsen is going to have a tough time regardless.