Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have (mostly) stopped drinking beer so my game day has gotten much cheaper.

I get my free pop for not drinking which means about $10-$15 for drinks peanuts and M&Ms for son and I not including tix.

Hoping to get in on relocation so that means $11/each more, I take my electric scooter to games with son on back so $35-$40 for a day out is pretty cheap compared to near anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day that I don't look forward to coming to matches, and enjoying most games at BMO, will be the year I don't renew.....but for now, I still look forward to the experience. So I will be renewing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    To me it is simply. You either want to go to games or not and I do. I am at the point where all the front office wheeling, dealing and talk really does not factor in for me, I just want to be there plain and simple.
    my sentiments exactly!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am always torn this time of year. Love my seats, but hate the price. Will likely renew (if the person I share with renews as well) but not sure if I move down a price peg or two...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't need to flinch on this question. My seats will be with me for life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I get around to it, I think, I will get back seasons next year, was thinking of doing it this year, but was not totally convinced. For me it is about confidence in the FO and do I like what the FO is doing with the team, for the most part, and I think I can say honestly that this time around they are really trying all out. I may not agree with everything they are doing, but a vote of confidence, with my buck is deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price is everything now. We dropped our tix due to the incessant increases and crappy product.

Like I told the guy last time he called......"sure, fit me in some nice yellows at $180 a season and I'll take 4. I'm not interested in anything higher than that or empty promises about re-location"

It was a short call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had light grey seats since day 1. Life and family are getting in the way for me to attend most games, coupled with the ongoing onfield disappointments. So in the last 2 years, I`ve been selling my season seats (at cost). I still watch every game on TV.

I plan on keeping my seats for now for 2 main reasons:
    1 - Light greys are reasonably priced
    2 - I believe that TFC have the right management in place to finally right this ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I've had light grey seats since day 1. Life and family are getting in the way for me to attend most games, coupled with the ongoing onfield disappointments. So in the last 2 years, I`ve been selling my season seats (at cost). I still watch every game on TV.

I plan on keeping my seats for now for 2 main reasons:
    1 - Light greys are reasonably priced
    2 - I believe that TFC have the right management in place to finally right this ship.
    That's exactly why I'm moving to light greys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am bothered by the lack of housecleaning.

I spent 20K on seats before throwing in the towel last year. The people in charge, most of whom are still there, hired incompetents and expect us to forget.

Outside of players, there should be nobody who had ANYTHING to do with TFC still on the MLSE payroll.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-25-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you ensco. This is really taking it's toll on me. Can't believe anything management says. JUST BS. Plus, it's just not fun anymore.
    Last edited by moralis; 08-25-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am bothered by the lack of housecleaning.

I spent 20K on seats before throwing in the towel last year. The people in charge, most of whom are still there, hired incompetents and expect us to forget.

Outside of players, there should be nobody who had ANYTHING to do with TFC still on the MLSE payroll.

Imagine had you simply given that to a homeless shelter. The tax right off angle and the fact they'd invite there time to time and you could probably meet ex TFC players staying there over a BBQ. Where are Gabe Gala and Nicholas Lindsay anyway?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thing: MLSE has been selfish & atmosphere is terrible as a result. These things have a half life, and when we get good, atmosphere will be better. I'm keeping this stock as it is low cost and has nowhere to go but up.

After all the shit if bought, beer I've drank and extra money I've paid, I will be there when I get a playoff ticket in the mail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will renew. I must renew. A season of TFC without being there, suffering, is not feasible.

I think the interesting tension in this soccer city is that MLSE (an entity that sees sports and entertainment as a blend, that a person buys a sports ticket the way they buy a movie ticket) owns Toronto Football Club. I think that joining a club is a deeper action than attending a movie. Your club is part of you, akin to marriage, an expression of loyalty and love and hope and dreams. A fan gets his club into his blood. I am not sure that MLSE will ever truly get that. I was crushed to learn last night that Asif is about to leave TFC for a job with the Canadian Olympic Assoc. Asif got that club connection concept across (maybe from his LFC loyalty?). MLSE/TFC is losing an important media voice and social media connection in Asif. But I am going off topic....

I will renew. I must renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about getting back on board after six years with season tickets and this year off. Went to the Seattle game and was planning on more, but Payne and Nelsen's post-window comments jumped the shark for me. I don't trust Payne and I think there are further leadership battles ahead with Lieweke.
    Last edited by miker; 08-29-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN9h Also told tonight that fans won't be asked to put up money for season seat renewal until January. #TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will renew my seats. Maybe if they can't make it to playoff in the next 3 years I will not renew it then. Is Toronto and we expect 10 years to make their first playoff. :P