Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Today's News,Tuesday,Aug.20

    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  2. #2
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    110 with the 75MB
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Expectations article is bang on, but from the sounds of it, this is a typical Kevin Payne move. Life for me has become much simpler since I've tuned both him and Ryan Nelsen out. I will not watch their post game tripe and if I see them quoted in an article I will skip the quotes or just stop reading the article.

    These guys have created expectations and continue to hype them.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Homeless
    Posts
    5,043
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Life for me has turned much simpler when I turned off all TFC hype, every week there will be a new player on the pitch, every year we will have a new coach. Season starts when it's cold with rain and ends cold with rain. These are the only fact that I live by, there is no light at the end of the tunnel (play offs) and the there is no hell to sink to (relegation) so do you know what this means, do you know what this means for TFC FO!
    Life is a beach and party!
    Que no pare la fiesta, don't stop the party!

  4. #4
    RPB 2019 President
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    RPB Matrix
    Posts
    2,963
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was happy to see our beloved Bitchy the Hawk made the front page of The Star yesterday too!
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...n_the_gta.html

    Prolly best TFC coverage one can hope for too ;-)
    RPB has Obama'ed me

  5. #5
    RPB Member Past-President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    112 - RPB
    Posts
    12,910
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Expectations too high for Urruti?

    Hell yes.

    Doesn't help with the team puts his picture on everything and has a video making his shirt.

    Seems the club is the one guilty of it, and they will accuse the fans of expecting too much.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

    Twitter: @RPBPhil

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    The Expectations article is bang on, but from the sounds of it, this is a typical Kevin Payne move. Life for me has become much simpler since I've tuned both him and Ryan Nelsen out. I will not watch their post game tripe and if I see them quoted in an article I will skip the quotes or just stop reading the article.

    These guys have created expectations and continue to hype them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Expectations too high for Urruti?

    Hell yes.

    Doesn't help with the team puts his picture on everything and has a video making his shirt.

    Seems the club is the one guilty of it, and they will accuse the fans of expecting too much.
    For sure. This is all on them. They've hyped him up so much that if it doesn't work they simply can't come out and say we expected too much. There the one who had and marketed those expectations.

    Also have to wonder if they made that jersey making video as a tounge and cheek joke to all the people that said they wouldn't believe it until he was wearing the jersey.

  7. #7
    RPB Member Past-President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    112 - RPB
    Posts
    12,910
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    For sure. This is all on them. They've hyped him up so much that if it doesn't work they simply can't come out and say we expected too much. There the one who had and marketed those expectations.

    Also have to wonder if they made that jersey making video as a tounge and cheek joke to all the people that said they wouldn't believe it until he was wearing the jersey.
    It may have been. But the other graphics on that page - him yelling as if celebrating a goal and all that make me think it was more on the serious side.

    All we did was pay attention to what Nelsen and Payne hyped as a very important window. I am glad that they made the moves they wanted and didn't 'panic' but at the same time, they set the expectation out there on becoming a scary team to play in the MLS. Columbus didn't look too scared. LOL
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

    Twitter: @RPBPhil

  8. #8
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Q&A with Osorio...Question "How would you like to die?" What kind of a stupid question is that? If I was Osorio I would have had no comment at that point. Dying sucks all around. What answer did they want? Real quick in a sudden accident so I don't see it coming. I don't know, maybe just me who saw that as ridiculous.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Q&A with Osorio...Question "How would you like to die?" What kind of a stupid question is that? If I was Osorio I would have had no comment at that point. Dying sucks all around. What answer did they want? Real quick in a sudden accident so I don't see it coming. I don't know, maybe just me who saw that as ridiculous.
    At 115 years of age surrounded by young, hot models. No?

  10. #10
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    At 115 years of age surrounded by young, hot models. No?
    Excellent! Even better than my no comment.

  11. #11
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    110 with the 75MB
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I started to read the Koevermans article but saw quotes from Nelsen and stopped. But not before seeing that it appears that they have not talked to him about his future with the club. That just seems inappropriate.

    At the same point, I along with many others (including Koevermans himself apparently) assumed that he'd be gone after the season anyway, that this management team had no use for an aging DP. I'd suspect on his name alone he could get much more than he would get here on a non-DP contract, so really why would he stay?

  12. #12
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    110 with the 75MB
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Also have to wonder if they made that jersey making video as a tounge and cheek joke to all the people that said they wouldn't believe it until he was wearing the jersey.
    If it was, it is a pretty big fail. I'm not sure how many people would have looked at it that way, and if you have to explain the joke away (especially given the recent and past history of this team bringing players in)........

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. I feel sorry for Danny K. Not once did I think he would resign with us as a non-DP at the end of the season regardless of how well he did. He's the best pure striker we've ever had and its a complete shame that his time here had to be overshadowed by that ACL injury. What he could've been if that injury never happened...we'll never know. But, if the club didn't even speak to him about his future as Coach mentioned, that's not cool at all. He'll be missed by us, the fans, for sure, and he'll no doubt leave us as another player with a bad taste in his mouth after playing here.

    2. Expectations of Urruti have always been too high, since the very beginning. He's a good solid addition to our attack, but is he the solution to all of our problems? God no. I'm just thankful that he isn't a DP. That being said, he is young and he does still need to adjust to the league before we can pass any sort of judgement on him. Could he be something special? I'm sure he could be, but I'm not banking on it. He will NEVER live up to 6 months of hype that the media and management has created for him.

    Just my 2 cents.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It may have been. But the other graphics on that page - him yelling as if celebrating a goal and all that make me think it was more on the serious side.

    All we did was pay attention to what Nelsen and Payne hyped as a very important window. I am glad that they made the moves they wanted and didn't 'panic' but at the same time, they set the expectation out there on becoming a scary team to play in the MLS. Columbus didn't look too scared. LOL
    That's true probably was serious. If that's the case it's pretty bloody dumb to do it.

    Not only are you piling huge expectations on Max your now making it seem like he's the second coming of Forlan or something.

    When there making huge procolmations and it doesn't happen there just going to drive those farther that have had it with there rhetoric.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    If it was, it is a pretty big fail. I'm not sure how many people would have looked at it that way, and if you have to explain the joke away (especially given the recent and past history of this team bringing players in)........
    Yeah true not that they explain anything they do. It's a hype machine that I think is going to backfire on them big time.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That Q&A with Osorio has to be one of the worst pieces they've ever posted on their site.

    We are all a little bit dumber of having read that.

  17. #17
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    At 115 years of age surrounded by young, hot models. No?
    At that age, 75 is hot and young.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    At that age, 75 is hot and young.
    As long as they're models

  19. #19
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    As long as they're models
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    At that age, 75 is hot and young.
    for what Polident?
    Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •