"You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greyness abounds in this discussion.

Arbitrary rules are all over the MLS. SJ should stick to the agreed time frame. And I don't get how they can expect supporters to not chant potty mouth stuff.

That having been said, what members of the Ultras did in Portland was a trifle more then singing rude songs and peeing on a lamp post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is always forcing anything resembling "adult" support out of the league. Forced alot of passionate supporters away from TFC already. They don't want a good strong adult legal supporter culture like in Europe that might have any chance of offending anyone. They want the Disney version. Dont drink, dont swear, dont travel, dont tailgate, Dont bring a flag unless its covered in unicorns and puppies. Manufactured empathy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Greyness abounds in this discussion.

Arbitrary rules are all over the MLS. SJ should stick to the agreed time frame. And I don't get how they can expect supporters to not chant potty mouth stuff.

That having been said, what members of the Ultras did in Portland was a trifle more then singing rude songs and peeing on a lamp post.
    and what exactly did members do in Portland; there have been multiple stories about what may or may not have happened; but one thing is a fact; there are still 0 police charges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whole concept of collective accountability of any MLS supporters group is a bit rich. Nobody is THAT organized or able to actively control what goes on within their section or membership. Why? Because the league limits the means supporters have to do those things in the first place.

MLS should just back off and realize a fair number of sporting outings involve adult conduct. This endless need to sanitize everything in the public eye is annoying.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    MLS is always forcing anything resembling "adult" support out of the league. Forced alot of passionate supporters away from TFC already. They don't want a good strong adult legal supporter culture like in Europe that might have any chance of offending anyone. They want the Disney version. Dont drink, dont swear, dont travel, dont tailgate, Dont bring a flag unless its covered in unicorns and puppies. Manufactured empathy.
    I don't quite see how a ban on pyro equals flags with unicorns and puppies. ... and as far as flags attacking the ownership, Man United clamped down on anti-Glazer displays.

here's more background:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...fo-privileges/
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    and what exactly did members do in Portland; there have been multiple stories about what may or may not have happened; but one thing is a fact; there are still 0 police charges.
    If you find a smashed windshield but no witnesses come forward to finger the guy who did it, how are you going to press charges?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If you find a smashed windshield but no witnesses come forward to finger the guy who did it, how are you going to press charges?
    then what did their banner refer to?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't know?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Found this:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08...ras-fan-group/

states here:

Many of the attackers were said to have been wearing San Jose scarfs around their faces, so as to obscure identification. From that point onwards, the Ultras were placed on indefinite probation by their club.

The dozen men who committed the assault were all identified by police and owned up to their crimes. The Earthquakes have continued to monitor the Ultras closely since the incident.
    Who knows what was agreed upon, but no farmal charges laid does not mean something didn't happen.

I am not in favour of punishments like these but this incident seems a little bit bigger than bad words coming out of a stand.
    Last edited by Phil; 08-13-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh....blaming the guy who's car they attacked, regardless of why they think the attack happened, just gets them more trouble then its worth.

And taking away the right to go to see your team play a rival?! That's just foolish.

Are they both just a bunch of overly sensitive teenagers or something?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-13-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Found this:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08...ras-fan-group/

states here:

Who knows what was agreed upon, but no farmal charges laid does not mean something didn't happen.

I am not in favour of punishments like these but this incident seems a little bit bigger than bad words coming out of a stand.
    Sure, but they were identified as San Jose fans in the article...that is like a problem we have had in the past with stuff being thrown or flares lit in the RPB sections and the FO automatically assuming it was RPB who actually did it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1906 Ultras sound like bunch of retards
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano