Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLSE reorg announced

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... no cuts, just a bunch of chair shuffling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunate, in the sense that I think Anselmi should pay for past failures, but whatever. It's pretty clear that Leiweke is the one calling the shots, still.

Did Cochrane survive?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    So... no cuts, just a bunch of chair shuffling?
    Leiweke explicitly notes that a bunch of executives were departing the company, the article just doesn't name them.

- SCott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ha ha - this is jokes.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Leiweke explicitly notes that a bunch of executives were departing the company, the article just doesn't name them.

- SCott
    Yeah, I meant at the top. By not naming names, it sounds like they're ditching some low-level execs, and expanding areas of responsibility for those that are getting kept on.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi survives??????
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, are the people who are leaving not public faces so they won't be named, or haven't they been told yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you guys post the G & M article?? Some of us are too cheap to subscribe

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Can you guys post the G & M article?? Some of us are too cheap to subscribe
    No, for copyright reasons. However, if you look at it using a private session (Firefox or Chrome), then you can read the article without subscribing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brutal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bierne stays, I'm sure he'll tweet something along a "good luck" to those who got canned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If Bierne stays, I'm sure he'll tweet something along a "good luck" to those who got canned.
    If they get a new job, hopefully they keep it in the east...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so the Star is naming names...

"Chris Hebb, senior vice-president of content and communications; Beth Robertson, senior vice-president of ticket sales and service; and Mardi Walker, senior vice-president of people, have all been removed."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/2013/0...structure.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you release the 'senior vice-president of people'? Is that a real job? It sounds like it came from a comedy sketch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    How can you release the 'senior vice-president of people'? Is that a real job? It sounds like it came from a comedy sketch.
    Sounds like a position George Costanza would have haha.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    Peddie speak for HR. That position being off the senior team means MLSE is moving from the corporate "lets keep the people happy" messaging often seen during ownership transitions to a results focus.

Its good actually. (Well, except for the person let go but as they were probably head hunted for the position to begin with, they should be fine)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Sounds like a position George Costanza would have haha.
    Anselmi has a lot in common with Kruger from Seinfeld.

"Wow, did we ever take it on the chin this year!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to say something brutal when I saw Anselmi stays, but I'll just say:
    "MEH..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People is actually HR, I guess it is some new age lingo. It will be interested to see who Tim replaces Mardi Walker with since a new HR person has not been announced yet.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    OK, so the Star is naming names...

"Chris Hebb, senior vice-president of content and communications; Beth Robertson, senior vice-president of ticket sales and service; and Mardi Walker, senior vice-president of people, have all been removed."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/2013/0...structure.html

yup, because those sound like the positions in charge of making the teams win..

FUCK ME.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turdbag Tom.

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is going on at the Globe?

It boggles the mind that the Globe would put this story on Page A1 this morning (not the front page of the sports page, but the front page of the actual whole effing newspaper) and the people actually leaving turn out to be ticket takers and flunkies in the People Admiration Department or whatever.

Between this and the Forlan story, I'd say the Globe needs to take a long look in the mirror here. They are getting played pretty badly in the Leiweke era.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

It boggles the mind that the Globe would put this story on Page A1 this morning (not the front page of the sports page, but the front page of the actual whole effing newspaper) and the people actually leaving turn out to be ticket takers and flunkies in the People Admiration Department or whatever.

Between this and the Forlan story, I'd say the Globe needs to take a long look in the mirror here. They are getting played pretty badly in the Leiweke era.
    It makes one wonder if that is more of a reflection of Leiweke's desire to make headlines or inept journalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It makes one wonder if that is more of a reflection of Leiweke's desire to make headlines or inept journalism.
    Well Tim certainly loves the sound of his own voice.

I don't buy this "rework" or "reshuffle" of the FO at all. There are people in the whole organization that have been here and in sports or Leafs, Raptors that have been part of this loosing culture that's been brewing in MLsE.

Until I see some people looking for work (Bierne, Cochrane) then it's all lip service to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Peddie speak for HR. That position being off the senior team means MLSE is moving from the corporate "lets keep the people happy" messaging often seen during ownership transitions to a results focus.

Its good actually. (Well, except for the person let go but as they were probably head hunted for the position to begin with, they should be fine)
    Thanks. I've never heard of the term before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Anselmi survives??????
    Let us hope there are a few more shoes to drop - I am slowly losing some faith that Timmie and Payne really know what they are doing if/when they allow Anselmi, Bierne + Cochrane to hang around, continuing to influence the culture and send negative signals to all (inside and outside MLSE) who have watched those three fumble their way through SEVEN years of futility.

I can see how Anselmi might present special "advantages "to keep around for a little longer, but every day, from this day forward, that Bierne + Cochrane are around, is just a drag on everyone's future...IMHO

If they can' figure out the "ABC "problem and the obvious way to fix it, I don't hold out a lot of hope for Toronto FC. I think I may have been sucked in to believing that Payne actually wanted a culture change, and could deliver, based upon the speedy exit of Mr. short pants, when in fact he may not have the where-with-all or cajones to do the job. I remain onside with these guys, but I have some doubt creeping in - I can't help it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Unfortunate, in the sense that I think Anselmi should pay for past failures, but whatever. It's pretty clear that Leiweke is the one calling the shots, still.

Did Cochrane survive?

- Scott
    The cockroach has been around for 350,000,000 years. You just can't get rid of it that easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Media sucks atrociously, always did for the most part, but now the suckage is complete. Not exaggerating, broken record, lived it, blah blah etc etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They aren't the paper I thought they were.