Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves_On_Tour View Post

Don't forget our lengthy list of illustrious greats at TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    True - but to Leiweke's point, it's important that TFC look good in more ways than just on the pitch. We need to have a beautiful stadium - and not one of the worst in the entire league. We need to get past this whole "on a need basis" way of thinking - it's a loser mentality. Go for the Gold, go for the best stadium in the league, etc.. That's how you build a winning mentality.
    Thank you... all this talk about ROI regarding a roof, it's apples and oranges. We have a huge international market here, and this stadium is not up to snuff. A roof will not increase revenue, but it's part of a bigger picture on marketing this brand that men in suits don't understand. Trying to get the best out of a little is short-sighted. If you want to attract players, be receognized globally, you shoot the moon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way we're going to get real investment is if we get the possible World Cup bid in 2026.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree. Look, where is the logic in spending a couple million dollars upgrading a facility that is struggling to get people through the turnstiles? It looked like there was all of 15,000 at the game against New York last weekend, so I have my doubts they are going to install more seats that people won't purchase tickets for.
    Devil's advocate for a moment. This story is from a larger interview that Davidson had with TL. Davidson simply staggered the publishing. Seems like that anyway.

And amount of tickets sold and matchday attendance are two different things. There are a huge amount of people in my section that still by their season tickets but don't show up. I'm not saying it's impossible to buy a ticket these days, but the two don't represent each other.

That being said, I'm with you on the extra seats. Not needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    The only way we're going to get real investment is if we get the possible World Cup bid in 2026.
    TFC could have used the 2015 Pan Am games as a jumping off point, but that didn't happen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to disagree with the "shoot for the moon" implication. This guy isn't shooting for the moon. The moon would be a new stadium that they own. The moon wouldn't be "Forlan" and "Kaka" they'd be "Rooney", "C. Ronaldo" and "Messi". THAT's the moon. Leiweke is a human puffer fish so far to me. The crap about taking down all historical photos at the ACC and now this? He's doing nothing but stomping around saying "look at me, look at me". I wish he's just take a back seat when it comes to all things TFC and let Mr. Payne do is work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I'd have to disagree with the "shoot for the moon" implication. This guy isn't shooting for the moon. The moon would be a new stadium that they own. The moon wouldn't be "Forlan" and "Kaka" they'd be "Rooney", "C. Ronaldo" and "Messi". THAT's the moon. Leiweke is a human puffer fish so far to me. The crap about taking down all historical photos at the ACC and now this? He's doing nothing but stomping around saying "look at me, look at me". I wish he's just take a back seat when it comes to all things TFC and let Mr. Payne do is work.
    EDIT: Shoot the Moon within reason... lol

You are right though, so far, alot of talk... put some real, tangible plans in place, and maybe i'll believe the things TL says, otherwise, may be getting a little too involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is much louder for night games..play more night games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    TFC could have used the 2015 Pan Am games as a jumping off point, but that didn't happen
    We could have used the Women's World Cup but the city decided to not compete with itself....which it wouldn't have but Joe Pantalone has not always been known for being the smartest of dudes (apparently it was his call).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GENIUS! This is a quote of the year IMO.
    If I was any good at these computer thingeys I'd be super imposing his face onto a picture of one fully blown up for the game this weekend!

Tim the human puffer fish!!!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Devil's advocate for a moment. This story is from a larger interview that Davidson had with TL. Davidson simply staggered the publishing. Seems like that anyway.

And amount of tickets sold and matchday attendance are two different things. There are a huge amount of people in my section that still by their season tickets but don't show up. I'm not saying it's impossible to buy a ticket these days, but the two don't represent each other.

That being said, I'm with you on the extra seats. Not needed.
    Yeah, you're absolutely right. But looking at things long-term, is that state of affairs going to continue? Are people going to keep on buying season tickets or multi-packs if they don't intend on going to games? Yes, we're always going to have a gap between tickets sold and tickets used, but I suspect as overall attendance decreases, that gap will get a little smaller.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often wonder how many holders of multiple season seats in the past have reverted to holding just one as a sort of placeholder so that they can say "I have been here since the beginning". As so they can look to add extra seats once if/when the franchise turns around and becomes an "in demand" ticket once again.

A roof might be nice. It might be necessary to amplify the noise coming out of a dwindling supporters section. But a competing and hopefully winning team should come first.
    Last edited by Mark in Ottawa; 07-25-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    BMO is much louder for night games..play more night games.
    I still don't get why tfc makes us play in a hot summer afternoon. The team is bad enough, watching them in a hot summer day makes them even worse and the fans energy also suffers.
    No logic from this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    I still don't get why tfc makes us play in a hot summer afternoon. The team is bad enough, watching them in a hot summer day makes them even worse and the fans energy also suffers.
    No logic from this team.
    Chicks in less clothing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    No logic from this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Chicks in less clothing.
    Good enough for me.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article in Business week that came out this week explains exactly why MLSE are all hot and horny about "upgrading" BMO. It has nothing to do with a roof and everything to do with $$$ as usual:

“When you walk into the stadium, I’ll know everything about you—the serial number on your phone, the IP addresses you’re accessing, whether you buy something to eat,” Heineman says. “If I know that every time you come to a game you’re getting three beers and two hot dogs, maybe the next game I’ll offer you an all-inclusive package for an extra seven bucks.”

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ike-your-couch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    This article in Business week that came out this week explains exactly why MLSE are all hot and horny about "upgrading" BMO. It has nothing to do with a roof and everything to do with $$$ as usual:

“When you walk into the stadium, I’ll know everything about you—the serial number on your phone, the IP addresses you’re accessing, whether you buy something to eat,” Heineman says. “If I know that every time you come to a game you’re getting three beers and two hot dogs, maybe the next game I’ll offer you an all-inclusive package for an extra seven bucks.”

Interesting article.

If TFC get something similar in place maybe they will mine enough data to figure out the fans want a roof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the cheaper build structure they went with (remember 67.5M) and the high winds off the lake they said a permanent roof wouldn't be physically possible. That's just from what I remember day one.
    I call bullshit on that. Whoever first said that is blowing wind out their arse. You should see the architecture we have here in Japan built in tighter spaces and made to withstand earthquakes and typhoons. In the world of structural engineering anything is possible...if you are willing to pay the right price. Putting a roof over that existing structure that could withstand the "high winds" that come off the lake in the small footprint that the stadium has would be a lot easier than many are led to believe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising given KC is run by the people running a Health Care tech company.

What they should do is make all in stadium purchases available through a reloadable TFC/MLSE card. Make it really scary and you could auto reload it. It would track all your purchases down to where in the building.

Unfortunately, I think that might require a change in Ontario liquor laws.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Businesses all over are doing data mining these days. The plus side to consumers is better service. The plus to businesses is more $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Interesting article.

If TFC get something similar in place maybe they will mine enough data to figure out the fans want a roof
    One would hope. If they data mined our board, I think that "roof" would score near the top of mentions.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see this High Density Wifi coming for sure along with that app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all in favour of being able to watch replays immediately on your phone with your own control. That would be great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I am all in favour of being able to watch replays immediately on your phone with your own control. That would be great.
    Going by that article it seems cheap enough and they get a lot of upside from it too. I can see this happening for 2014.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woops.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 07-27-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can data mine til the cows come home. Until they put a winning team on the pitch, I buy nothing from MLSE except my season tickets, now down to a pair of cheapies from the dozen I participated in years ago. We picnic/tailgate outside ground, go in to our seats, stay there for the entire two hours(we can survive that long without junk food), then leave and enjoy the waterfront area some more. Not getting nickel one from me until we win.

Can't buy any merch from a club I'm frankly ashamed of. I continue to buy season's seats out of support for the game and a love of watching football. Since the end of year one, there really hasn't been anything to build pride on when it comes to the actual team. Chance to make the playoffs in final game? Piss it away in a shambles in NY. Big win over LA in CCL play? Shit for brains football the rest of the season.

Couldn't care less about a roof. Actually enjoy sitting in the sun during our all too short Canadian summers. When we win, there'll be plenty of noise.

But winning? An alien concept to MLSE. Is there any sports entity on this earth that has left more money on the table than this outfit, with all the missed playoff dates their sports teams have missed out on?

Leiweke's shooting sunshine out his arse with all this babble about improved stadium experience. When we win, it'll be a great experience. Carry On Losing, and it wouldn't matter if we were in the lap of luxury - it'll still suck.

There was one good suggestion on an earlier page - move the east-side vendors outside the fence line to easily and cheaply add space to that congested concourse. That would work. That would let me whizz right past the food and merch vendors I have no intention of patronizing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Couldn't care less about a roof. Actually enjoy sitting in the sun during our all too short Canadian summers. When we win, there'll be plenty of noise.
    You say that you're embarrassed by the team because we're less than every other team in the league. The same goes for the stadium - and yet you don't want to improve that? And also improve the atmosphere at the same time. Teams aren't winning all the time - so the atmosphere will only be KINDA good when we're winning. Quite the winning mentality you put forth there. I guess you're upset about the roof at White Hart Lane, too?

Difference between having a roof and not is: NOT= Atmosphere goes from Shit to Good. HAVE = Good to Incredible.

That's what it's all about. Improvements! Better atmosphere means a better overall experience for everyone. It means a more hostile environment for the opponents. It means better support for our team - especially needed in tough times. Right now they can't hear fuck all - and that won't change even when we're winning. You think ANY player in the history of this club could sing ANY of our songs? Nope - because it's impossible to make out. Even when winning sec 111 is singing different songs than 113 because they can't hear each other. Just disappears into thin air.

But by all means, enjoy sitting in the sun on your day off. I just wish we'd set higher standards across the board. We should want to have the best team, best stadium, best atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    I often wonder how many holders of multiple season seats in the past have reverted to holding just one as a sort of placeholder so that they can say "I have been here since the beginning". As so they can look to add extra seats once if/when the franchise turns around and becomes an "in demand" ticket once again.

A roof might be nice. It might be necessary to amplify the noise coming out of a dwindling supporters section. But a competing and hopefully winning team should come first.
    I'll cop to that. I kept my seat almost solely for that reason this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just been in the Seattle area for the past week and checked out the Sounders vs Chivas game on Sunday night. I've never been that eager to have a roof at BMO before that game - now I think it would be awesome. The noise was amazing for the game, and yeah I understand that there are sometimes twice as many people there, but it wasn't just quantity of the support, but the clarity too.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I've just been in the Seattle area for the past week and checked out the Sounders vs Chivas game on Sunday night. I've never been that eager to have a roof at BMO before that game - now I think it would be awesome. The noise was amazing for the game, and yeah I understand that there are sometimes twice as many people there, but it wasn't just quantity of the support, but the clarity too.
    Welcome back.
    Garber hopes it's not the a**hole part of YSA that's being heard clearly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As against douche bag which is so much more genteel.