RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Game Day !
    Pretty hard to get pumped up for this with the team the way it is right now.

I'll believe it when I see these new players at a press conference and/or suiting up

Meh.

Thanks as always D. for the morning news.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pumped for this game since its opposition we can expect to get a result from.

Still no excuse for going 2 or 3 games without the the roster they intend to contend with. The signing has taken too long and we've paid for it. This is not a case of addition through subtraction but subtraction for potential. We wait, we hurt for it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm pumped for this game since its opposition we can expect to get a result from.

Still no excuse for going 2 or 3 games without the the roster they intend to contend with. The signing has taken too long and we've paid for it. This is not a case of addition through subtraction but subtraction for potential. We wait, we hurt for it.
    In with ya pumped for tonight. Think we can really get a result and hope that the boys come out in a nasty move after that debacle in KC.

Yeah doing the roster moves while we had 4 away at the Gold Cup probably not ideal. But if you can take advantage of getting that high priced contract off the books do it. This is a write off year anyways. Lets just get the house in order before the beginning of training camp next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL and WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madeincanada
    Re: Marquee signing expected soon for Toronto FC No league wins at home since JULY 18th last year!!! Happy 1 year anniversary Toronto!

Makes you wannna say DAAM!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that interview with Cathal Kelly, the most telling bit is this where he is discussing TFC:

"We disrespected the fans by not giving the kind of players that teams like New York and L.A. are signing. The fans act like New York and L.A. We acted like . . . well, I’m going to piss somebody off here . . . ” — he almost names the city that pales next to his new home, before thinking better of it — “ . . . like a small-market team."

I get the strong feeling he was going to say Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Forlan Daaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

Do you say this everyday hoping one day you will be right ? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In that interview with Cathal Kelly, the most telling bit is this where he is discussing TFC:

"We disrespected the fans by not giving the kind of players that teams like New York and L.A. are signing. The fans act like New York and L.A. We acted like . . . well, I’m going to piss somebody off here . . . ” — he almost names the city that pales next to his new home, before thinking better of it — “ . . . like a small-market team."

I get the strong feeling he was going to say Columbus.

I thought that was a good quote and struck a nerve with me. I wonder if he realizes that only small market teams hire coaches with no experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I thought that was a good quote and struck a nerve with me. I wonder if he realizes that only small market teams hire coaches with no experience.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. I assume Ryan Nelsen will be feeling some pressure to improve quickly.

They won't splash with a major signing and then have lingering questions about the performance of a rookie head coach. Nelsen will have to be very on-point from the minute that happens, because the expectations of people in management will change radically. Frank Yallop didn't last that long, and he probably got a lot more rope than Nelsen will.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont jinx it!
    I wanted to be true too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. I assume Ryan Nelsen will be feeling some pressure to improve quickly.

They won't splash with a major signing and then have lingering questions about the performance of a rookie head coach. Nelsen will have to be very on-point from the minute that happens, because the expectations of people in management will change radically. Frank Yallop didn't last that long, and he probably got a lot more rope than Nelsen will.

I agree - I think Nelsen will have next year to make significant leaps and if we're at this point next season and lingering in the bottom half, his patience (Leiweke) probably will run out.

But I think that is a major point to LA's success - they brought in the best coach in US history.

I think Leiweke said it without saying it though - he's only noting "grade A signings" but he has to realize it's also extremely bush league this club has brought in, year after year, coaches with little or no experience. I know for a fact coaches with Serie A and Bundesliga experience were interested in coming here, but were outright ignored. A prime example of going for "B level" (but actually well below) instead of seeking out A level coaching. But as they say, "Birds of a feather ..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    Do you say this everyday hoping one day you will be right ? lol
    Third time's a charm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Leiweke said it without saying it though - he's only noting "grade A signings" but he has to realize it's also extremely bush league this club has brought in, year after year, coaches with little or no experience. I know for a fact coaches with Serie A and Bundesliga experience were interested in coming here, but were outright ignored. A prime example of going for "B level" (but actually well below) instead of seeking out A level coaching. But as they say, "Birds of a feather ..."
    Personally, I think the obvious choice that doesn't get enough play is Sasho Cirovski. Comes from a strong NCAA program that actually produces players, is Canadian, and is in the mold of guys like Arena / Porter / Hyndman.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they don't always do.

His point was about players, not coaches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third time's a charm.
    Your hopeful posts have made me chuckle plenty.

Fingers crossed, then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Your hopeful posts have made me chuckle plenty.

Fingers crossed, then.
    Thanks pal. You know it wouldn't be Forlan Day without Forlan. Don't take down the celebratory flags just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    But they don't always do.

His point was about players, not coaches.
    I think you misunderstood my point, or I wasn't clear - hiring coaches with no experience suits a small market team, not a top side/contender/big team.

Yes his point was about players but it 100% applies to coaches and I would be surprised if he didn't realize/know that. He did, after all, come from a team whose success was greatly due to having the best manager in N.America. I don't think we're dealing with the same kind of guy from the last six years who banks on hope and wishful thinking for things to work out. You want to be the best, you go get the best. Just my thoughts!
    Last edited by spark; 07-17-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amen!!
    the Miami Heat are not the champions because they play better as team or coaching is the best. The Yankees are the Yankees because everybody knows where the money goes. Manchester United don't just win titles because everyone else sucks. all the champions teams have super stars!! Ask the folks of Barcelona where they'd be with out Mesi,
    Give us Forland give us Uritti give us a face for this team ... hope at least !! finally someone gets it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Personally, I think the obvious choice that doesn't get enough play is Sasho Cirovski. Comes from a strong NCAA program that actually produces players, is Canadian, and is in the mold of guys like Arena / Porter / Hyndman.
    I agree but for some reason doubt he'd come here. I think I'm going back to the fact he did a instructional video with Gansler so my 2+2 = has some inside info this is not the place to go. BUT with the changes afoot, maybe that would work.

I do think he'd be outstanding - look at the list of MLS top shelf players he's output at Maryland. I'd think he'd be great in drafts and maybe be able to attract alot of good players.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think he'd be outstanding - look at the list of MLS top shelf players he's output at Maryland. I'd think he'd be great in drafts and maybe be able to attract alot of good players.
    hell, MoJo (spit sound) was great at drafting, but it did us no good.

the part that makes me optimistic is that he (Tim in the article) says that the TFC could have the fastest turnaround.

granted the MLSE never really understood the league well enough to be competitive... so let's hope this time is works.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\