Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing all the time isn't good for developing younger players. As a result TFC isn't a good place for any younger player to be right now. One can only imagine what it is truly like for these kids when you are apart of a dysfunctional franchise, that's in constant turnover in management & on the field. Who on this team is going to help these kids grow? The coach that is gone in a season? The GM who is managing to save his own ass? The players who don't even know if they are going to be here?

Not of recipe for having flourishing young talent. Never mind the way they throw these kids out there, with little regard for whether they are ready or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear that Hamilton is where the feeder club to TFC will be located. They will be joining USLPRO. MLS has an arrangement with USL PRO to act as a feeder system. NASL not involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense. NASL think they're on equal ground if not above MLS. Hamilton would work well as it is nice and close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goodyear View Post
    I hear that Hamilton is where the feeder club to TFC will be located. They will be joining USLPRO. MLS has an arrangement with USL PRO to act as a feeder system. NASL not involved.
    CSA has to sanction USLPRO which I highly doubt they will do since they want all Canadian 3rd division league. So if Hamilton is going to get a pro team in American league, then its going to be an NASL club.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I don't see why TFC should make an arrangement with another organization and not have control of how our players are developed. Just buy a franchise, or buy an expansion NASL team and have full control of it. It's not like they don't have the money for it. If TFC actually cares about youth development, this would be a pretty good investment for them. I bet if they put it in the GTA, or had them play at BMO and promoted them well enough, the team could probably draw better crowds than most NASL teams.
    dont know about that, people are already pissed off with the one we have now at the highest quality with the best players we got for now (new more skilled arriving soon), what in the world would make anyone want to goto a NASL game thats funded and fielded by MLSE???, seems a bit .... stupid for better lack of a word, if they put it in Niagara Falls by the border (could steal some Rochester Fans aswell as they are Div 3) even in Buffalo, or in Windsor, just not in our general metro area; Hamilton might even be to close

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Makes sense. NASL think they're on equal ground if not above MLS. Hamilton would work well as it is nice and close.
    To close... its to much of a treat i think just think if they start to become contenders and have a 10,000 seater stadium, i could easily see some TFC leave for a NASL team.

Quote Originally Posted by goodyear View Post
    As the quote ive quoted says 3rd division in Canada will probably be a Canadian league, i would like a unified pyramid system though, like the NASL they have a good mix of canadian teams now and american teams and a good quality and attendance, the USL should be sanctioned as 3rd div and have 22 clubs with 2-5 in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    CSA has to sanction USLPRO which I highly doubt they will do since they want all Canadian 3rd division league. So if Hamilton is going to get a pro team in American league, then its going to be an NASL club.
    i agree, any club that would go into hamilton would be NASL as its already sanctioned in Canada, but i cant see the MLSE letting (nvm owning and fielding) a team with a roster that could at there best beat us at our worse.