RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pssst....Please ask Nelly to stop picking his nose in in every interview. Just sayin'.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D'

For those who haven't seen it yet for some reason RPB Summer Soccer Tournament link is in my signature. Find a team, come on out and have a day with your fellow RPBs.
    All skill levels are welcome, open to both men and women.
    A great way to put some faces to the (board) names you see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miller is one of those guys who will not only see the cup half full at all times — he’ll see it half full even when it’s empty. And at the Canadian national team right now, it’s pretty empty.
    You don't say...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurray! It's Forlan Day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D!

"Obviously these moves aren’t off the cuff,” Nelsen said. “Any move, whether it is Silva or anyone else, everything is planned and organized. There are no off the cuff decisions. It is all done with an idea to what will be done in the long term. Of course, we have been looking at the fullback positions as well as the attacking positions.”

This scares me just the fact that he says idea. If we go through this window with no major moves I would refer to this quote from Nelsen.

I know there not going to openly say who or what but he doesn't sound convincing that there is an immediate signing happening. Hope we arnt getting caught with our pants down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFFF!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much to this article......

TFC’s support has declined with its underperformance. Its once-loyal fan base of “Red Army” season ticket-holders has dropped to 200 from 800 in recent years, Leiweke said.

“We had the best brand in Major League Soccer,” he said. “We’ve done a lot of damage to the brand.”

MLSE needs marquee players like David Beckham to bring those fans back and improve the team’s fortunes, said Leiweke, who brought Beckham to the Galaxy.

“We better have a significant signing or this erosion we’re currently experiencing” will continue, he said.

Winning above all is key to turning MLSE around, Leiweke said.

Wow....... not really a "winning" plan, more like an advertising model.

....and when they get their guy they will charge through the non-existant roof.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^That's what worries me about Leiweke. I don't care about the big name. Give me a winning team. In the end, that's what will bring the fans back for the longer term. A big name DP might result in a temporary boost at the gate, but after another season of crapola, that will wear off pretty quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^That's what worries me about Leiweke. I don't care about the big name. Give me a winning team. In the end, that's what will bring the fans back for the longer term. A big name DP might result in a temporary boost at the gate, but after another season of crapola, that will wear off pretty quick.
    You're bang on...

I compare bringing in a big name DP to a fad-diet. People think "all I have to do is eat cabbage soup for 1-week & I'll have a model body forever!" We all know, that isn't the case. Sure, you'll drop 10lbs quickly, and feel good - but then pretty soon the weight will come back and you're back to square one...

Same thing here - bring in a DP and the fans will return. But then the losses will continue and the fans will go away again...

Want long term health - make a long term investment of building a winner. Want long term weight loss, live a healthy lifestyle...

GOOD THINGS, be it winning or health take TIME & EFFORT. Band-aids don't fix bullet wounds - and right now, we've been hit by a 12-gauge shotgun a close range...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Cabbage, healthy lifestyle, buck shot wounds.... This is not what I signed up for! Expensive barbequed meat, overpriced beer and shots of Jager is what I expect. No winning for me, I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    MLSE boss Tim Leiweke unveils his vision for Leafs, Raptors, TFC

TFC’s support has declined with its underperformance. Its once-loyal fan base of “Red Army” season ticket-holders has dropped to 200 from 800 in recent years, Leiweke said.
    What does that even mean??? 800-200 what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    You're bang on...

I compare bringing in a big name DP to a fad-diet. People think "all I have to do is eat cabbage soup for 1-week & I'll have a model body forever!" We all know, that isn't the case. Sure, you'll drop 10lbs quickly, and feel good - but then pretty soon the weight will come back and you're back to square one...

Same thing here - bring in a DP and the fans will return. But then the losses will continue and the fans will go away again...

Want long term health - make a long term investment of building a winner. Want long term weight loss, live a healthy lifestyle...

GOOD THINGS, be it winning or health take TIME & EFFORT. Band-aids don't fix bullet wounds - and right now, we've been hit by a 12-gauge shotgun a close range...

Carts...
    I worry TFC is, ironically, the QPR of MLS. Buying high priced players on contracts way bigger than they deserve, buying expensive players who don't necessarily fit the team or the system, then playing like shit and getting no results. Compare that to Norwich, if you will, who are slowly, methodically, and carefully building a team to have some Premier League staying power. Or Southampton as another example.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiweke wants a player who is a big name, but still can play in MLS for few years. His trend of DP signing in LA suggests this. (Beckham proved that he can play in MLS, off field shenanigans aside. Keane's goal scoring record speaks for itself)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Holy crap we only have 200 season ticket holders??? oh wait, our ticket prices have gone from 800 to 200 hmmm closer, but still not quite right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I worry TFC is, ironically, the QPR of MLS. Buying high priced players on contracts way bigger than they deserve, buying expensive players who don't necessarily fit the team or the system, then playing like shit and getting no results. Compare that to Norwich, if you will, who are slowly, methodically, and carefully building a team to have some Premier League staying power. Or Southampton as another example.
    It's a tough balancing act - does the fanbase have the patience to wait for results and a slow build?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Forlan is the big name player, then I'm all for it. Sure, there's no guarantee that Forlan will be a success here, but let's not NOT get him simply because we don't want big name guys. He's the same cost to the cap as any other mature DP player. He's still a strong player, and we've never really had a great AM player on the team.

I'm still holding out hope!

Actually two things we've never really seen at TFC are 1) A coach with head coaching experience (except for Preki), and 2) An attacking midfielder who have successfully helped to push our play up the field and created chances.
    Last edited by Super; 07-16-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Could that be the number of partial pack owners? Also known as ransom packs lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a problem with 1 superstar DP. That's no worse than what Koevs costs right now, but with more name recognition. The trick is building the rest of the team to be balanced even if we lose the superstar. 1 marquee name to fill the seats, 2 Young DPs that provide the quality and sizzle (preferably in the mid-field and at forward), 1 very good non-DP defender (<$240K) to captain/anchor the back-line, one good defender (<$150K) as the Very Good Defender's partner/backup, and a top-flight Goaltender for another $150K for a total of $1.3 Million of the cap for half the starting XI. Balance that with about 6 rookies making about minimum wage or Generation Addidas for another $300K that will grow into their roles and fill out the low end of the team. That leaves about $1.4 million to purchase another 12-15 contracts for the remainder of the squad to provide solid players that compliment the quality and/or replace them with only a slight drop in performance, when occasionally required. How hard can that be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    You don't say...
    The way his teams play, I think you could call a 'Colin Miller win' a 0-0 tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More roster changes and marquee signing expected soon by Toronto FC

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=427864

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bring it on mo fo's but bring it soon cause we are getting ansy
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dragongrave
    20 Hours Ago
    No offense to Tim, but anyone could have won titles with the Lakes & MLS. Even a blind squirrel could have pulled that off and nothing was due to him. Stars want to play for the Lakers and MLS. And besides, being a champion of the MLS is like winning the Grey Cup, NO ONE CARES AND IT DOESN'T MATTER. Only the Leafs matter as the Craptors will never win an NBA title, lol. Considering no real NBA player wants to play here unless he has nowhere else to cash a cheque or he is traded here and the minute he becomes a free agent (Rudy Gay) he will bolt back to the states. Great ambition, no plan to ever get it to happen as it just won't fly.

ShareReply
    This above is a quote of a true idiot asshole left in the comments thread on the article's web page.
    We should answer to him (and all others thinking like him, because are tens of thousand like him) posting there how much an ass he is with his opinion that footy does not matter, and to fuck off!
    Last edited by HuTor; 07-17-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HuTor View Post
    This above is a quote of a true idiot asshole left in the comments thread on the article's web page.
    We should answer to him (and all others thinking like him, because are tens of thousand like him) posting there how much an ass he is with his opinion that footy does not matter, and to fuck off!
    I appreciate your passion and please take no offense with my post. But why are you so wound up about some stranger's posting? Calling Parkdale....an Internet fight's a brewing.