Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Relegation would have destroyed this franchise a long time ago. It doesn't work in North America. The vast majority of fans in this city will not attend games against 2nd and 3rd division clubs. It's a tough enough sell as it is.
    Did anyone here (apart from me and some U-Sector guys) ever attend even one Toronto Lynx match? Lower division anything doesn't work here. Even the Marlies are a poor draw, and they actually win.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Did anyone here (apart from me and some U-Sector guys) ever attend even one Toronto Lynx match? Lower division anything doesn't work here. Even the Marlies are a poor draw, and they actually win.
    Woah Woah!!!! They do what...??? I'm unfamiliar with that term....
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suppose BMO Field could end up resembling Centennial Park in a couple of years if we don't show signs of improvement. In that sense, I guess soccer support in this city would have come full circle. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defeatist.

Look, it's not logical to say "look how badly it did last time." The Hartrell's intentions might have been good, but even second division soccer has to be sold with the basics in place: a stadium atmosphere conducive to noise, a good supporter's group invested from day one, cheap beer, strong media and marketing support.

ALL. EVERYONE ONE of those elements must be in place. So far, no one in the second division in North America (except maybe Orlando) has done that.

Failure isn't always indicative of a norm, just of the mood of the person subjectively assessing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    If we had Koevermans we'd be talking about a win I think. He would have easily scored on that chance Brockie missed. Could have turned the game.
    was a bad miss, something he is starting to do a bit too much, he could have changed the outcome of Montreal game too with that chance at 3-1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Maybe TFC will fire Earl as a symbolic gesture.
    no somehow he and PB will stay as long as it takes to get this team out of town , then get hired wherever as new visionaries. You know Lewikie? would show great forsight cutting the slack of those two.....then I'd feel at least he's visited the Fo
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pretty much at the lows of the Winter era now. With Leiweke's bloviating and the Forlan circus the cherry on the sundae.
    nope ...I at least saw Winter identifying the prospects and trying to give them direction.....he had a vision AND he was ignored by the disaster in short pants. Don't think he asked for specific players but was laughed at. As Lewiekie says when TFC had the chance to get 'A' players they always went for 'B ' listers....simply all in charge were ass kissers ....Winter had to much class to talk about it thats why he'll never have anything to do with this team and not even talk about it.....His critics simply need to understand Mr. Anselmi's and co MLSE ...AND I felt he understood the need to help train future Canadians .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    People are starting to regret Winter leaving. That's how sad it is being a TFC fan these days.
    Winter with these players(Silva included).....much better bunch. Would be winning games no doubt. Without the backbiting would have been excellent , and I say this because!. from a technical standpoint Winter was our best coach.
    Last edited by DoubleUp; 07-18-2013 at 05:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    LOL. Sad but true.

On the bright side, there's really nowhere to go but up from this point forward for Leiweke, Payne, and Nelsen.
    just watch...we'll actually get a 'star' and have zero team or tactic......they actually think we are stupid enough to go crazy for '1' star...yet never win......so if we get 1 over paid over age star ...we're done ..they'll think they will be able to sell tickets to star lovers without a supporting team. thats my greatest fear.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I'd have to admit what we saw last night was mostly "plumbers". Out of the players who started, only Bendik, Laba, Caldwell, and Osorio, and maybe, depending on his development, Agboss, are long-term starters under Payne and Nelsen's "plan". But still, it's Nelsen's "externalizing" I don't like. Always excuses. At some point, you just have to make use of the cards you've been dealt. Yes, the 'cavalry is coming' - and we've been hearing that for the last 4 months. But at some point, you just have to dig down and get results with what you've got. Every other team in this league does it. Heck, Chivas managed to somehow do it last night.
    great points...
    they r setting themselves up to fail...I mean no matter who comes in now , how can they just start 'winning'..? Then what will be the new reason for ineffectiveness....something should be clicking...one would think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    If we had Koevermans we'd be talking about a win I think. He would have easily scored on that chance Brockie missed. Could have turned the game.
    please tell me I'm wrong but I think Koevs is done and we should buy him out or whatever one does....he's getting to many injuries....now it's his calf.....so he plays the last few games whoopee maybe we'll win one and everyone will figure next year is the winning season.......yup startin to think realisitcally....and getting mad,...again x7?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually Marlies aren't doing to bad with fans lately and reasonable prices,...AND kind sir I actually won a Lynx game ball attending a game with the kids....we lost
    I think quite a few fans would support a well organized and accessible team . Esp if they allowed the ultras to organize.....there are great sports fans in this city that are simply starving for recognition and a team to be proud of. If the idiots at MLSE would have allowed DeKlerk and Winter to have a connection with Charlotte as our minor affiliate this franchise would be solid . Or better still a successful CSL affiliate here in the GTA would solve so many problems.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    People are starting to regret Winter leaving. That's how sad it is being a TFC fan these days.
    Yes it was sad when Winter left for Mariner.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's give Chivas USA some credit here. Yes, they also suck, but they played a disciplined game when down a man. Their manager did his scouting and adjusted his tactics accordingly and won the game on a sucker punch goal.

Doesn't excuse how much TFC sucked, but I thought Chivas USA played a good game defensively.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano