Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: It's Forlan!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What about the Spanish player we had on trial? Forget his name. Sorry for the off topic.
    Rey?

He's no longer with the club apparently, I read yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I think so, shame a deal couldn't be worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't care if we don't get Forlan. In fact I'd rather we didn't. I'd be far more pleased if these 4 players mentioned by Nelsen & Payne consisted of Urruti, A. Lopez, and a couple other under the radar Central or South Americans.
    Based on the past 7 years all this translates into is four more bodies eventually being thrust through the revolving door.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yes I think so, shame a deal couldn't be worked out.
    I am utterly sick of this team. Silva is a solid young prospect, yet once again mlse through a minion manager juggles the roster like a drunk, blind farmer looking for eggs in a pen, and we, as fans are left wondering what the fuck? This has been going on for years with similar arguments and predictable results. Better get Forlan now, while the team still has a few thousand fans willing to tolerate this garbage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I am utterly sick of this team. Silva is a solid young prospect, yet once again mlse through a minion manager juggles the roster like a drunk, blind farmer looking for eggs in a pen, and we, as fans are left wondering what the fuck? This has been going on for years with similar arguments and predictable results. Better get Forlan now, while the team still has a few thousand fans willing to tolerate this garbage.
    Why do you bother then? No one is forcing you to follow the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ someone has caught the Rollins disease lmao

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? How do you measure the level of support? Better to blindly agree with every stupid decision the team makes; better to simply shift to another club, Montreal for eg.; better to foment and stew and gripe; or better to simply throw in the towel (how many on that waiting list now?). Living inToronto is difficult because mediocrity is largely accepted here (the once great Leafs now have trouble making the playoffs in a 30 team league, and when they do it is a cause for celebration). Yikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a very brief off topic interlude here: 396 was one hell of a motor. One of the best ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? How do you measure the level of support? Better to blindly agree with every stupid decision the team makes; better to simply shift to another club, Montreal for eg.; better to foment and stew and gripe; or better to simply throw in the towel (how many on that waiting list now?). Living inToronto is difficult because mediocrity is largely accepted here (the once great Leafs now have trouble making the playoffs in a 30 team league, and when they do it is a cause for celebration). Yikes.
    All I know is that if I was "utterly sick" with something and it bothered me enough to complain about mostly everything about it, most of the time, then I'd look elsewhere for things to do.

And no, you don't have to like everything. Or anything. But there is use to saying your piece and laying out reasons for your opinion and engaging in discussion but not so much in rants filled with hyperbole and little else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva did have potential... but have to have some trust that new mgmt knoes what there doing. .. I would get rid of silva if I had a better prospect... don't judge till its all said and done... this is not a shorty pants on the fly decision. ... I believe this has been thought out for a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems Internacional of Brazil are seriously looking at signing Javier Saviola and Nilmar. Saviola on a free transfer and Nilmar for what's believed to be 7 million euros. This is because Internacional will sell their top striker Leandro Damiao for about 20 million euros to possibly Napoli.

If this happens TFC's chances of acquiring Forlan get more realistic. Obviously TFC would have to pay a transfer fee. Not sure how much, but could be between 3-5 million dollars.

Internacional of Brazil also said they hope to finalize these deals by Friday. Google translate is somewhat sketchy. Believe me though.

http://translate.google.ca/translate...6channel%3Drcs

http://translate.google.ca/translate...953304840.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is that if I was "utterly sick" with something and it bothered me enough to complain about mostly everything about it, most of the time, then I'd look elsewhere for things to do.

And no, you don't have to like everything. Or anything. But there is use to saying your piece and laying out reasons for your opinion and engaging in discussion but not so much in rants filled with hyperbole and little else.
    Spoken like a true mlse apologist. I was a season ticket holder, holding 4 seats from 2007. In the beginning, before I started reading this forum, I was a fervent supporter and backed it up with my sheckles. What theyhave done to spoil this for me and several thousands, is inexcusable. When they drafted Silva, I was thrilled and said so, same for most of the players this woeful team has drafted over the years only to part ways, mostly without much of a return. Precisely what is it that you dont like? A few days go it was me who actually started this thread before it was merged. I am more of a supporter than you think, if you want nothing but mlse yes men perhaps you could try to invite some mlse employees to join our ranks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad they never called Nesta back. He's as much of a pylon now as Garcia was back in the day.
    Funny shit. Funny, funny shit. Wrong, but funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy life is so hard eh? Getting to live in a city in Canada, where you get to watch entertainment in the form of sports. Why not moving to a location that doesn't accept mediocrity like Toronto does? Why bother letting it get to you like this when you have the power to make a change, go somewhere different?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoken like a true mlse apologist. I was a season ticket holder, holding 4 seats from 2007. In the beginning, before I started reading this forum, I was a fervent supporter and backed it up with my sheckles. What theyhave done to spoil this for me and several thousands, is inexcusable. When they drafted Silva, I was thrilled and said so, same for most of the players this woeful team has drafted over the years only to part ways, mostly without much of a return. Precisely what is it that you dont like? A few days go it was me who actually started this thread before it was merged. I am more of a supporter than you think, if you want nothing but mlse yes men perhaps you could try to invite some mlse employees to join our ranks.
    Things I didn't/don't like about TFC:

Wiedeman, Lambe, Hall, Richter, paying O 'Dea $400+K, I didn't like Winter's naivety or arrogance regarding his system's viability in the salary capped MLS, didn't like Mariner's lack of professionalism, don't like Anselmi's speeches, don't like that some people think we need to have every out of contract Canadian on our roster, don't like that we never tried to build a team early on with cheaper domestics like normal MLS teams do/did, liked Dero when he came but hated the fucker when he left, and I don't like the timing of Nelsen's subs. And I could go on qbout each one without throwing out some typical ML$E bullshit.

And I actually don't really like Forlan either and I surely don't like it when average MLSers get given the God treatment when they leave because they can dribble the ball yet couldn't score, pass, or defend adequately (this isn't all about Silva either).
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Boy life is so hard eh? Getting to live in a city in Canada, where you get to watch entertainment in the form of sports. Why not moving to a location that doesn't accept mediocrity like Toronto does? Why bother letting it get to you like this when you have the power to make a change, go somewhere different?
    What are you talking about, my 'rant' is confined to the world of sports entertainment, which amounts to basically nothing of real import compared with our daily lives. Given that, how do you rationalize the consistently horrible product produced each year by an mlse franchise? Anyhow, this was about Forlan. If he is available, and mse dumped a promising young player to acquire him, I can live with it, because he is fucking Forlan, a great player, probably the best player in mls for a season or two, if we don't sign him, the Silva trade becomes just another stupid decision by some very stupid men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about, my 'rant' is confined to the world of sports entertainment, which amounts to basically nothing of real import compared with our daily lives. Given that, how do you rationalize the consistently horrible product produced each year by an mlse franchise? Anyhow, this was about Forlan. If he is available, and mse dumped a promising young player to acquire him, I can live with it, because he is fucking Forlan, a great player, probably the best player in mls for a season or two, if we don't sign him, the Silva trade becomes just another stupid decision by some very stupid men.
    I just feel that you are overvaluing Silva. He had some great moments with TFC but lets not forget he will be 25 this year. In an interview out of DC I respect that he didn't throw TFC under the bus, which he shouldnt'. He was given an opportunity to play many games here. He did state that he felt that he was not played in his proper role of AM. To this I laugh especially coming from a kid who went to Germany this past offseason for training. In many german academy's players are played in all positions and are expected to be good in all of them. If you're only good at one position you get cut, plain and simple.

Silva was given a starting role here as a ST and he couldnt' put it together. For a 24 year old he should be able to play in that position and perform well. He didn't and there are better options.

Forlan isn't the only guy coming in, I have faith that other young players like Laba will be brought in that can help the team. Not only will they be younger than Silva but they're probably at his skill level already, if not higher. He may be a decent player down the line but he's not a superstar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good question. Why does he bother? Because I'm asking the same of myself. And every time someone dares question the shitty management or why as a supporter they spend far too much money on this club, people accuse them of not being true fans. True fans? Of a seven year business that's given you nothing in return or anything remotely to be proud of?! I'm sick of this club and the time, money and passion I've invested in them. Any other business would've closed down by now had they been run the same way.

Supporting a brand doesn't make you a hardcore football fan. Give me history, and I'll give you loyalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, this franchise is rudderless and continues to constantly make terrible decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had tickets from day one and its unfathomable the bountiful and repetitive legacy of huge cock-ups this team has visited on our heads, but In this case think the League made them give Silva to DC (who are desperate at the moment), in order to ok a big dollar buy and salary. Not sure you can blame this one entirely on mlse. So it remains to be seen who we get but I for one would rather watch Forlan than Silva all 7 days of the week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you hate the team and still care?

Easy.

The opposite of love is indifference, not hate. Give 69chevy a break, most of us understand what he is saying.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How can you hate the team and still care?

Easy.

The opposite of love is indifference, not hate. Give 69chevy a break, most of us understand what he is saying.
    exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinhood View Post
    In this case think the League made them give Silva to DC (who are desperate at the moment), in order to ok a big dollar buy and salary.
    That's actually a pretty interesting theory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, no surprise - Forlan played (and scored) for Internacional today. So IF he's the DP, he won't be unveiled until next week at the earliest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow - the over-reactions on here are stunning.

i've been here since the beginning as well and finally for the first time this year we have a president in KP that is exactly what we've been screaming for - a football guy with many years experience building teams and succeeding along with North American/MLS background. to boot we get a new CEO of MLSE who is a proponent of MLS soccer with a goal to long-term continuous success - and we want to turf them after 1/2 season...

it's no wonder Toronto teams and TFC fail - the supporters are NEVER happy and demand the mangers be sacked so they can complain that we're starting all over again...

can we at least see the window through, let alone the season without freaking out at every twitch??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've just accepted the fact that when I attended that first game against KC in April 2007 (or was it watching the Chivas match earlier that month?) I was unwittingly entering into the sporting equivalent of a marriage relationship. No matter how much I might be exasperated by this franchise, or how much abuse I might have to take, I can't abandon them completely. Why? I don't know. All I know it's until death do us part. I don't go to all the games (I've been to 3 home matches this year). I don't give MLSE my hard earned cash. But for unfathomable reasons, I just can't abandon this club, even though it's been very much a one-sided relationship so far. Best way I can describe it, really.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 07-10-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    wow - the over-reactions on here are stunning.

i've been here since the beginning as well and finally for the first time this year we have a president in KP that is exactly what we've been screaming for - a football guy with many years experience building teams and succeeding along with North American/MLS background. to boot we get a new CEO of MLSE who is a proponent of MLS soccer with a goal to long-term continuous success - and we want to turf them after 1/2 season...

it's no wonder Toronto teams and TFC fail - the supporters are NEVER happy and demand the mangers be sacked so they can complain that we're starting all over again...

can we at least see the window through, let alone the season without freaking out at every twitch??
    We couldn't even see the pre-season out before that so.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We couldn't even see the pre-season out before that so.....
    I'm agnostic so I won't claim any spiritual power or voodoo goodness; but I think everyone is worrying too much. I have a good sense not only that Nelsen will take us in the right direction but that we're going to land a playmaker this week.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are utterly sick by our ownership that will not change (again) for some time. To call someone an apologist, accompanying it with your "supporters resume" when he accuses you of hyperbole is the height of sensitivity.

You don't like how our ownership is organized. You are not alone. But ignoring the change in leadership and the structure in ownership itself and blaming every move on that structure is lazy.

I liked Silva. I'd like Forlan. Obviously something is happening. There's no need for name calling.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER