Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 18: Toronto at Sporting Kansas City, Sat 13 July, 8pm

Bit of break before TFC travels to Kansas City, home of apparently really awesome BBQ ribs. (actually, this is a fact)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we passed Chivas in the standings with that draw..slowly moving our way up?

Some reason I got a good feeeling, so I will go with a 1-1 Draw

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Well we passed Chivas in the standings with that draw..slowly moving our way up?

Some reason I got a good feeeling, so I will go with a 1-1 Draw
    Sporks haven't been too impressive at home lately, leaking goals. Though only a magic Camilo free kick robbed them of 3 pts last game vs Vancouver

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling this might be a statement game after last nights performance. Say we come out with a win and a soild performance for 90 mins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC outplayed MTL, and RSL... No reason why this game shouldn't end favorably

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another gap between games. This season's schedule is really crappy!

Let's hope the gap in time gives TFC room to find a couple of nice transfers to bolster us for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    TFC outplayed MTL, and RSL... No reason why this game shouldn't end favorably
    ..but tied or lost the game, despite outplaying... I no longer see these as favourable outcomes. TFC is gameplanning teams out of these games, but all it takes is a little faltulence of mind, and any advantage is neutralized. It's beyond fustrating when you can clearly see the tactical and shape edge go to TFC, then watch it be eliminated by literally seconds of sloppyness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    ..but tied or lost the game, despite outplaying... I no longer see these as favourable outcomes. TFC is gameplanning teams out of these games, but all it takes is a little faltulence of mind, and any advantage is neutralized. It's beyond fustrating when you can clearly see the tactical and shape edge go to TFC, then watch it be eliminated by literally seconds of sloppyness
    They're dropping points because of lack of chemistry. The players need time and minutes together to be able to read each others minds. Yesterday's line up was very different from the one that played RSL. Every minute that passes with these players, they will get better. As far as I remember, the only team that outplayed us was Dallas.
    Going back to my point, is there a good chance TFC will lose or tie SKC? Yes... But there's also a high chance that they will win. If they play a similar game to MTL and RSL, they will win - SKC has a much weaker defense than both those teams, BUT they are very strong in midfield, which has always been a problem for us (less so since Laba came in)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're dropping points because of lack of chemistry. The players need time and minutes together to be able to read each others minds. Yesterday's line up was very different from the one that played RSL. Every minute that passes with these players, they will get better. As far as I remember, the only team that outplayed us was Dallas.
    Going back to my point, is there a good chance TFC will lose or tie SKC? Yes... But there's also a high chance that they will win. If they play a similar game to MTL and RSL, they will win - SKC has a much weaker defense than both those teams, BUT they are very strong in midfield, which has always been a problem for us (less so since Laba came in)
    I can't fathom how increased chemistry would have held on to the lead in that game - i think Toronto's goals showed good attacking chemistry in the final 3rd, i think the goals against showed really pee-pee poor individual decision making on the other end. Not sure mind-reading woulda helped anyone there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fine... Your opinion is yours. I see this team for what it's shaping out to be and flashes of greatness it's beginning to show. You can see the team from the same eyes as te Toronto star reporter this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fine... Your opinion is yours. I see this team for what it's shaping out to be and flashes of greatness it's beginning to show. You can see the team from the same eyes as te Toronto star reporter this morning.
    Hey man, we're entitled to opinions, but lumping me in with that troll is straight up insulting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. and just to clarify, i too think this team has pieces that make it great, i don't know why you inferred differently - simply think there are talent/skill/experience issues that far outweigh the chemistry issues on mistakes like we've seen recently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the game will mark the day after the one year anniversary of the last win at BMO Field (too bad it's an away game). Wonder how the fans should celebrate? Maybe DQ could deliver an ice cream cake to the FO?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Hey man, we're entitled to opinions, but lumping me in with that troll is straight up insulting!
    I had no intention to insult you, and I apologized if my post is perceived in that manner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every player makes mistakes, there is no one perfect player in the world. It is however, a team sport, and overcoming and correcting individual mistakes as a team is something TFC is lacking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't post 4 clean sheets in a row like SKC with a crappy defence.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Bingo!

The lads have to start playing for each other. Bad pass try a little harder to get to the ball, get into position defensively/offensively ect. Kinda simple stuff but a few guys are lacking that kind of attitude.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    You don't post 4 clean sheets in a row like SKC with a crappy defence.
    I didnt say crappy, I said they are weaker than RSL and MTL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt say crappy, I said they are weaker than RSL and MTL
    SKC is tied for 4th for GA as of today (with RSL among others) with 1 goal against per game and is better than Mtl which is 13th and has goal against per game of 1.5. Nesta, he is done, or something close. I'd be very surprised if he returns for next season.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every player makes mistakes, there is no one perfect player in the world. It is however, a team sport, and overcoming and correcting individual mistakes as a team is something TFC is lacking.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    SKC is tied for 4th for GA as of today (with RSL among others) with 1 goal against per game and is better than Mtl which is 13th and has goal against per game of 1.5. Nesta, he is done, or something close. I'd be very surprised if he returns for next season.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings
    Then again, they've only won two games without him in the lineup. Given their standing, that suggests he makes a difference. (I'll admit though against us and Colorado he looked a step off. Maybe he's hit the wall already this season.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a pretty big SKC fan, I love watching them play as they are probably the most entertaining team to watch in MLS

That said, their defense is amazing but Nielsen is DONE, if we can get some cracks at net I think we can put them in.

As for where we are right now/brain farts etc. IMHO it is mental toughness that although being built, Caldwell obviously adding a ton of help to it, you don't build that up in a day or week. Nothing succeeds like success and I think the past 4 games and work I am sure that they are doing with the club, should help the boys walk into KC with big chests and clear heads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6-1 TFC win.
    6 goals from Forlan
    1 own goal from Forlan - got confused which side to shoot on because of the equator and all that... Toilets flushing the other way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im going to the game, any good things to see there and are the SKC fans rowdy against away fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13 pts behind Houston, but with a game in hand. Odds of us making the play-offs are terrible, but we need to give it our all from this point and onward. Forlan will be a big help. Hopefully Kouf kan get things going quickly, too. Win in Kansas and I'll start to feel a miracle on the way. Lose in Kansas and the mountain will be unclimbable.

COYR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 win for KC......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone want to take a stab at our starting lineup? Ha ha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    .. ain't touching that with a ten foot pole and gloves on. Lol I'm getting zero work done looking at all these rumours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw is healthy now? If so, then he starts.

Line up:

-----Earnshaw---Brockie------
    -Convey--Hall--Laba----Lambe
    -O'Dea--Caldwell--Agboss--Richter
    ----------Bendik-----------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    -----------Bendik
    -Ecks-Melberg-Caldwell-ODea
    Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
    ---Suarez-Drogba