RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Everybody is hungover today. Really shameful
    Thomas, however, doesn't look half bad.
    I'm hungover today. I should have gone out drinking again tonight instead of watching this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC have cemented themselves as the Washington Generals of world football.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad I stayed up from 2:30 am - 4:30 am local time to watch that game.

MLS is paying certain supporters clubs to stop doing the YSA chant. When will they start paying TFC supporters to watch the games?

Goodnight...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

MLS is paying certain supporters clubs to stop doing the YSA chant. When will they start paying TFC supporters to watch the games?

Goodnight...
    Don't you mean, guten morgen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a bump on the 2014 preseason. Means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodnight...
    Where are you?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, how do you beat a team like KC?

When you have the ball in the goalies hands, RB and LB pull out wide and the keeper has the chance to pass out there.

All midfielders run off the ball trying to find space.

Spread those pressing forwards and mids.

Run off the ball.

LM and RM must support the LB and RB when the defenders go running forward.

When you don't have the ball, you MUST MUST MUST follow the run of all forwards and all midfielders.

You must be organized, disciplined and ready to support each other.

The only way you get to there is through developing a squad that does that and sticking with them for quite a bit.

We are not there yet.

I still believe that under KP we will get there. But we have some glaring needs in RB, LM and RM and a decent AM. I said I would give them until July of next season to call for their heads if things do not improve. They have improved but not enough yet.

We are a better team then we were a year ago. I would much rather have Caldwell and Laba and Earnshaw, along with Koevs & Bendik(who pretty much is as good as Frei) then what we had last season. And the promise of the youngsters is important.

But, we are being outfought in the midfield, out thought on our end and our forwards are the forlorn hope. I blame Mariner for what he left this team with in terms of salaries and players. I hope that KP can find us the necessary players so that tactically we are not beaten up like that again. I'm told by others that it takes 3-4 transfer windows to set your team up for success. The current management team really is getting into their first full window. We'll see what happens.

We all said at the beginning of this season that there would be a LOT of games like this. Well, there hasn't. Doesn't make the pain of a loss like this any better. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Others may disagree. Fine. That's what it is like when we support a team...we disagree.

And next Saturday, I will go to my seat, stand and jump and sing and yell and scream. Cause its what I want to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cute when my wife walks into the room and asks if TFC are winning or if they won.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Don't you mean, guten morgen?
    Well, I'm going to bed now, so... Just glad I took a 2-hour nap in the early evening. Needed that after drinking some mead in the hot sun at a medieval festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Where are you?
    On vacation in Germany.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome stadium.
    Awesome fans.
    Awesome supporters.
    Awesome atmosphere.

...and that's in KC.

Has Toronto fan support drop to Columbus or Chivas levels yet? We were once the envy, how things have fallen so very much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On vacation in Germany.
    Maybe you could do some scouting while you're over there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Maybe you could do some scouting while you're over there.
    I thought Herr Frings was being paid to scout Germany? Haven't heard much from him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Awesome stadium.
    Awesome fans.
    Awesome supporters.
    Awesome atmosphere.

...and that's in KC.

Has Toronto fan support drop to Columbus or Chivas levels yet? We were once the envy, how things have fallen so very much.
    tends to happen when ur team is this bad.

Braun, Lambe, Hall, Richter, Ecks, Convey, Russel GTFO!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On vacation in Germany.
    Sorry you had to stay up for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Awesome stadium.
    Awesome fans.
    Awesome supporters.
    Awesome atmosphere.

...and that's in KC.

They learned from what TFC and other teams did. But, ultimately, winning consistently does that for you.

That and I just checked out their ticket prices through ticketmaster: they average about $10 less for an equivalent seat. TFC should seriously reconsider the price of non STH seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have given up 6 goals in two games, this is a bad trend. Why? Has our back line become poor all of a sudden? No, I think it exposes a couple of points.
    Firstly, the loss of Orosio leaves Laba nobody to pass to and exposes our midfield even more.
    Secondly, Richter while having a bright start is looking more USL like. Most teams are attacking us down the right side and this pulls Cadwell out of the middle leaving Gale A in a tough position.
    Thirdly, tonight O'Dea was out and Erksley is in which changes some of the chemistry that we had at that back, it will take a couple of games.

While I agree with the move on O'Dea, it will hurt us this season, also Cadwell is really only a two year bridge solution. He will be done 18 months from now. So we have to still build that back line. The players KP has brought in on D have not be steller. Richter and Calif have not worked out. Gale A looks decent, but has not excelled in the last two games. Bloom do not know? Cadwell has been a solid move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I agree about Caldwell - he's only 32. I would say he's got up to 3 or 4 seasons left in him. He seems a very fit guy, doesn't carry any extra weight. He's smaller than Nesta, so no reason why he can't play until the same age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it. Tfc seem to be doing things right though.

We sign MLS rejects, we sign lower tier English league rejects, we sign draft pick rejects, we give away our top prospects for free, we give away our better players for nothing, we sign a manager with no experience, we sign a gm who ran his last time to the ground.

HOW.. how did we not win today? I'm confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. SKC fan here coming in peace. Just wanted to say that I feel for you guys. SKC fans know how it feels to be in the dumps. Hopefully TFC can turn things around on the field, and in the stands. We need healthy, thriving clubs in our league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazig View Post
    Hey. SKC fan here coming in peace. Just wanted to say that I feel for you guys. SKC fans know how it feels to be in the dumps. Hopefully TFC can turn things around on the field, and in the stands. We need healthy, thriving clubs in our league.
    *sigh*... Oh TFC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turn? How can we turn when we've never even started moving since our inception?

Cheers for the sympathy, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok not the result I was looking for, the whole team broke down, and got some teasing by the skc fans there. But what was that o'dea situation all about????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it wrong to miss the days opposing supporters would come in to troll?
    But thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly this franchise is becoming so dejavu year in year out... ill stay patient but tonights performance and decision making by some players was a slap in the face to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This franchise has been a dejavu since year two. Every season new hope, quickly killed by the reality. What is amazing that from a low start it has dug a whole. Building almost nothing positive. We are not a dogged, scrappy, physical team, we are too often 11 pylons, or eleven north american children running around like headless chickens.

I kind of blame the supporter for this, had you woken up to the reality when I did, in about year 3 and had we taken action while there was still enthusiasms for the club we may have saved this club, now, whatever dream we had may take awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC has not gone seven straight seasons without making the playoffs and SKC isn't currently sitting three points away from occupying the bottom of the league, so I doubt SKC fans have any concept of what it's feels like to be a TFC fan today. If you were a LA Clippers fan, then we can talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Is it wrong to miss the days opposing supporters would come in to troll?
    But thank you.
    I don't think an opposing team's fan coming in here to troll could say anything worse than what we say now. It would be redundant. I think an opposing fan would get more of a reaction if they were to come on here and say something positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said,my feelings exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    I don't get it. Tfc seem to be doing things right though.

We sign MLS rejects, we sign lower tier English league rejects, we sign draft pick rejects, we give away our top prospects for free, we give away our better players for nothing, we sign a manager with no experience, we sign a gm who ran his last time to the ground.

HOW.. how did we not win today? I'm confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say I cant wait for my ticket rep call for renewal this year!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least don't make it so hard to hate you guys...

For those who don't know, the Wizards were in pretty dire straits so KC fans have some idea of what it is like to be a shit team.

Anyway, I called from beginning that KC would win supporters shield, I still think that will happen. They are my favorite team after TFC and IMO play the most watchable soccer in MLS