Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default First ever TFC Game

Hey all,

A colleague of mine has season tickets and wasn't able to make it to tonight's game. He offered the pair to me and I accepted as I've never been to a game.

Any suggestions as to what I should expect? What time I should get there? Where should I park? Heard Liberty village becomes a zoo after the game.

Thanks again! Am looking forward to it, based on the standings and MTL's record, we may be in for a tough one?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I only have a second right now, but just let me clarify one thing: regardless of the opponent, we are ALWAYS in for a tough one, especially at home.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will probably be busy tonight from the sounds of it. You can park up at Liberty, there are a few Green P lots around too. Stay away from the CNE grounds for parking as the racetrack barriers are everywhere.

Game is at 7, so try to be down there for 6:30 to make sure you get in and find your seat. It should be a very spirited game, we don't get along too well with Montreal
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It will probably be busy tonight from the sounds of it. You can park up at Liberty, there are a few Green P lots around too. Stay away from the CNE grounds for parking as the racetrack barriers are everywhere.

Game is at 7, so try to be down there for 6:30 to make sure you get in and find your seat. It should be a very spirited game, we don't get along too well with Montreal
    Planning to get down fairly early and go to Brazen Head for an after work bite/drink before the game. Any other recommended place other than Brazen Head?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ I only have a second right now, but just let me clarify one thing: regardless of the opponent, we are ALWAYS in for a tough one, especially at home.
    I just hope it's a nail biter through out.. or a TFC onslaught. Would hate MTL to jump out to an early lead and then knock the ball around the pitch playing keepaway for the next 89 mins.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We tend to gather at Shoeless Joes up on King. Its been redone inside and the menu is good, the owners are very accomdating to us. You are very welcome to join us
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Much Obliged View Post
    I just hope it's a nail biter through out.. or a TFC onslaught. Would hate MTL to jump out to an early lead and then knock the ball around the pitch playing keepaway for the next 89 mins.
    This is a proper Derby match. Tensions should be high and I've heard it's pretty much a sellout. Good match to go to as your first.

To make kick off - you'll need to be out the door of the Brazen Head and walking to the stadium by 630 at the latest. (7pm kickoff).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy the game my friend! I hope you bring us some luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    We tend to gather at Shoeless Joes up on King. Its been redone inside and the menu is good, the owners are very accomdating to us. You are very welcome to join us
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    This is a proper Derby match. Tensions should be high and I've heard it's pretty much a sellout. Good match to go to as your first.

To make kick off - you'll need to be out the door of the Brazen Head and walking to the stadium by 630 at the latest. (7pm kickoff).
    Might actually join you fellas at Shoeless Joe's prior to it! Just to get a full feel of that game. Where are you guys sitting? I'm going to make an educated guess and say 111/112?

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Enjoy the game my friend! I hope you bring us some luck
    Anything short of a win is a disappointment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything short of a win is a disappointment!
    Don't worry, you'll get used to the feeling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't the league try to schedule these derby matches on dates that are more significant to Canadians... like Canada Day? That'd make much more sense from a marketing perspective.
    Last edited by Wince; 07-05-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A colleague of mine has season tickets and wasn't able to make it to tonight's game. He offered the pair to me and I accepted as I've never been to a game.
    So what's the verdict? Did you enjoy yourself at the game? Be back for more?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So what's the verdict? Did you enjoy yourself at the game? Be back for more?
    Got caught in traffic on the way, didn't get down there till about 6:40. Ended up having a hot dog and a beer before the game at BMO. (My wallet hurts)

The game:

When TFC let that goal in right away it was a let down, but they pressed with the attack and got 3 back. One of the guys sitting next to me said "Don't get too excited, TFC is known to blow leads".. and it happened!

The Crowd:

Absolutely amazing, especially when the team poured on the goals in the 1st half. Everybody was amped and into it.

After the game:

Went to Brazen Head and had dinner up stairs on the patio. Nice feel, didnt mind the prices too much, especially after paying x amount at BMO.

All in all, a great time, will definitely come out again.

Just hope we start to put a winning product on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great to hear! I still get out to a few TFC games a year, but haven't had that "supporters" experience in years! I'm planning on doing a pre/post drink up against New York. Is Shoeless Joes still as good as it used to be?

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in all, a great time, will definitely come out again.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I always enjoy my trips to TFC games to see friends and some live footy.
    Do you have to travel far to get to BMO??
    A lot of the fans "from away" have innovative routines for attending games.

Hope you come out again with a little more before game time so you can hang with supporters, attend a tailgate or do any of the myriad of other things that just add to the atmosphere of game days!

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Is Shoeless Joes still as good as it used to be?
    Decor was changed quite a bit earlier this year but the menu and welcoming atmosphere haven't changed a bit.
    Joe, the manager, has made it clear that he appreciates the business from football supporters and has gone to some lengths to allow the RPB to make the place feel like home.