Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #AskKP Q&A

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default #AskKP Q&A

For those who don't know, earlier this week TFC asked people on twitter to submit questions to ask Kevin Payne.
    Mine was chosen. The answer is what I expected...we have a guy we want, another we wanted we couldn't get, we'll see what happens. whatever. here it is.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question... and answer.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess on the loan from SA that was kind of an add on to the laba deal.

Full name Pedro Pablo Hernández
    Date of birth October 24, 1986 (age 26)
    Place of birth Tucumán, Argentina
    Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
    Playing position Attacking Midfielder
    Club information
    Current club Argentinos Juniors

He was with DC United but his then current Club Defensor Sporting were unwilling to extend his loan past July and wanted a high transfer fee, so the decision was made to cut ties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTN927vvlE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AejwEN1U3dg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ are we sure that his current club wouldn't do the same thing to us? I'm all for quality players but only guys we can bring on permantly. If we are just going to get stop gaps were in the same spot next year we are this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

younger is the way....esp at least another young DP, would really excite the future.....and/or a replacement for DK as it seems he's not really happenning at the moment and we have to move on.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I would add it here: If anyone is up watch Kevin Payne's interview with Asif and the final question was probably the most important where Kevin talked about TFC supporters group and culture. He talked about GA, flares and the incident with one supporter who was ejected and banned for the rest of the season because of flare incident earlier in the league.

It will air again at midnight on GOL TV and 1:00 A.M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah, he said he would consider GA. He wants to talk with the Supporter groups and Paul and make a decision. I would be all in for GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I'm a little slow today. What's GA?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General admission in supporter's areas.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its up on TFC TV too. Good to see it, no real surprises. We have asked for consistancy in the rules, and in the past have asked for a discussion on General Admission. It will be good to see where it all goes when the meetings start up again. I do know that Kevin Payne has been very involved to this point, but there is a ton of stuff he needed to work on before engaging supporters on this level.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 tolerance for flares...is that inside the stadium or now also outside the stadium; outside the stadium never has been a problem in the past.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    0 tolerance for flares...is that inside the stadium or now also outside the stadium; outside the stadium never has been a problem in the past.
    That is what his discussion is and clarification is about. As well, I assume it means road games considering DC were very hard on TFC supporters using pyro in the past.

Its arguable from his standpoint that flares are no less dangerous outside the stadium. Who knows where it will go.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would front office do to all the supporters that have seasons in the supporters sections? Would we lose our seats? would they sell season tickets for GA? or would it be a firts come first served with no seat allocated to a ticket?

Too many issues to be discussed for GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ in regards to general admission in supporters section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add further comment to 'the one fan', his name is Matt. He wasn't the one holding the flare when it happened, he had nothing to do with the flare. He was actually holding the banner. Security picked him out from part of the group because "he looked like a hooligan". In fact they just wanted one and thought Matt looked like weakest. It isn't right! If you're going to hand out year long arbitrary bans, then get the right guy! #JusticeForMatt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    That is what his discussion is and clarification is about. As well, I assume it means road games considering DC were very hard on TFC supporters using pyro in the past.

Its arguable from his standpoint that flares are no less dangerous outside the stadium. Who knows where it will go.
    I'd argue that flares are no less dangerous than getting smacked in the face by a soccer ball.

but maybe this can start a discussion; I think there are safe things we can use; like strobe lights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd argue that flares are no less dangerous than getting smacked in the face by a soccer ball.

but maybe this can start a discussion; I think there are safe things we can use; like strobe lights

Strobes are probably more hazardous (if any epileptics are in the house) than a flare would ever be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAURORA View Post
    What would front office do to all the supporters that have seasons in the supporters sections? Would we lose our seats? would they sell season tickets for GA? or would it be a firts come first served with no seat allocated to a ticket?

Too many issues to be discussed for GA.
    FO would probably offer somewhere else at equivalent price at an equivalent type of seat; then you have the choice of participating in a GA section or being somewhere more comfortable/to your liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's taking it a little far. Under the right controlled conditions they could work, but I can understand why they want to keep them out of the hands of the general public.

Remember: 16 year old kids, think road flair is same as regular flair, throw towards field when gets hot, windy outside, blows back into stands and burns fans leg through her jeans, etc.. ? You know, that whole thing. I will take the soccer ball in the face thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah that's taking it a little far. Under the right controlled conditions they could work, but I can understand why they want to keep them out of the hands of the general public.

Remember: 16 year old kids, think road flair is same as regular flair, throw towards field when gets hot, windy outside, blows back into stands and burns fans leg through her jeans, etc.. ? You know, that whole thing. I will take the soccer ball in the face thanks
    better than getting a concussion?

my whole point before though is working with the FO to make it safe, because if there was a middle ground, a safe ground, you wouldn't have ppl doing flares because they would know that there will be a show put on by people, lets say accredited; and at the same time; we'd be more prepared for flares/smoke (ie. having buckets of sand/water/fire extinguisher on hand), and people would be better trained in the handling of such devices; which is much more safer than the random flares that happen about 3 times a year.

maybe im in dream world, but i think there is something that can be worked on (i think strobes could be a good start), but until we are otherwise told differently, we are stuck at the current rules; no flares/smoke/etc, which have to be respected (it isn't worth getting a ban over)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did someone say pyro!?!

Oh wait, never mind....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys want Pyro you need to first lobby the city to change the fire code.

Probably about 1500-2000 hours of work if people want to try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 111_DrummerBoy View Post
    To add further comment to 'the one fan', his name is Matt. He wasn't the one holding the flare when it happened, he had nothing to do with the flare. He was actually holding the banner. Security picked him out from part of the group because "he looked like a hooligan". In fact they just wanted one and thought Matt looked like weakest. It isn't right! If you're going to hand out year long arbitrary bans, then get the right guy! #JusticeForMatt
    If I remember the incident correctly, I remember him trowing it AFTER the cops started chasing him. Before that, it was handled responsibly. I think he only threw it out of fear more than anything.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One instance is random and most times preventable, the other is an absolute there will be people affected negatively. It's most of the appeal vs strobe lights which are less invasive (except to epileptics).
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus Stobe lights can really only be used for night games. You wouldn't get the same affect during the day. I think the they allowed flares it would be done by only certain people and they would probably have them at BMO for us wouldn't allow us to bring them in. They would have to control it probably to make the Fire Marshall happy.

Using them outside on the way to the building is a task to have the Exibition Place board agree to it is tough. We would have to convince them that we can be trusted and as well probably dispose of them in a propper manner so there is no damage to the Ex grounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    If I remember the incident correctly, I remember him trowing it AFTER the cops started chasing him. Before that, it was handled responsibly. I think he only threw it out of fear more than anything.
    you are entirely misguided...he never had a flare in his hand...he was carrying a banner and the EX have video evidence of him doing exactly that and even after viewing it with him, they still decided to ban him
    Last edited by prizby; 06-29-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I have no idea what you are referring to, but it is not this instance or person. What are you referring to? This was pre-MTL, earlier this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't there, so I can't say 100%. But as far as I know, Matt never actually handled the flair... It was someone else who joined that march. Again I wasn't there but the story was told to me from direct sources.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your line above is likely the stupidest statement ever made on this messageboard.
    Congrats.

Flares burn at 3000 degrees.
    Prizby, you probably cook your pizza pops and hot pockets at 300ish.
    so 10x the heat.

A soccer ball kicked by a pro-athlete, might blacken your eye...break your nose...maybe concussion.

A flare burning at 3000 degrees would melt your eye or permanently deform you.
    then mix in the people handing the flares could be drunk or will be around drunk people.
    Last edited by Wagner; 07-02-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ he prolly only meant that the likelihood of getting injured by either is about the same. Still, though. The amount of damage that can be caused by the one is enough of a reason for me to not allow them.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha