Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is something doing on with tickets for this game through Pizza Pizza. A buddy mentioned to reading something about it in the Metro.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw pizza pizza ad - it was for 2 free tickets to the Practice (the night before) with purchase of Pizza meal deal at specific locations.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    I saw pizza pizza ad - it was for 2 free tickets to the Practice (the night before) with purchase of Pizza meal deal at specific locations.
    OK, cool. When heard about this offer I had not heard about the practice, this offer now makes more sense to me.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just printed off my Roma practice tickets. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

And no I'm not serious, nor am I going although I will be at BMO that night so I may drop in for a lark, but I digress...

I bought 2 tickets to the game. They game me 4 practice tickets that have assigned seating on them. May I deduce that they have therefore sold less than half the tickets?

Hmmmm.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there're still alot of tickets left on ticketmaster, even in the supporter section. i think KP saying along the lines of "I expect to have a sell out very soon," is a lie or trying to hype things up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Just printed off my Roma practice tickets. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

And no I'm not serious, nor am I going although I will be at BMO that night so I may drop in for a lark, but I digress...

I bought 2 tickets to the game. They game me 4 practice tickets that have assigned seating on them. May I deduce that they have therefore sold less than half the tickets?

Hmmmm.....
    Yags this is confusing. You're not excited to go but you bought tix? I guess that's in line with your view on friendlies I'm just surprised is all.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yags this is confusing. You're not excited to go but you bought tix? I guess that's in line with your view on friendlies I'm just surprised is all.
    I do hate the friendlies in principle. That post was more about how I am not excited about the Roma practice. I am also not excited about seeing Roma play. However, I am always excited to see TFC play. I'd go to see them play the timbits. That's just me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I do hate the friendlies in principle. That post was more about how I am not excited about the Roma practice. I am also not excited about seeing Roma play. However, I am always excited to see TFC play. I'd go to see them play the timbits. That's just me.
    Got it. Crystal clear. Enjoy the reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It was $29.
    Oh good. I got it for $27. So I didn't get ripped off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh local fans,

I come to you, the diehards, for a bit of advice. I want to get into the practice specifically, but I really have no idea how. Do I buy tickets somewhere ? Do I just show up ? I am ignorant, help me out !

Cheers mates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never been to a practice, but my guess is just show up.

Quote Originally Posted by JuveNelCuore View Post
    Eh local fans,

I come to you, the diehards, for a bit of advice. I want to get into the practice specifically, but I really have no idea how. Do I buy tickets somewhere ? Do I just show up ? I am ignorant, help me out !

Cheers mates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it looks like Wednesday is going to be rain with thunder showers. Wonder how that will affect the attendance. It's looking its it 3/4 sold. But if there is any rain were probably going to be looking at 1/2 full BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    So it looks like Wednesday is going to be rain with thunder showers. Wonder how that will affect the attendance. It's looking its it 3/4 sold. But if there is any rain were probably going to be looking at 1/2 full BMO.
    I think that will really depend on the makeup of the ticket holders, are the majority TFC SSHs/Fans or Roma Supporters? I am a Roma supporters I will be at this game regardless of the weather situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that will really depend on the makeup of the ticket holders, are the majority TFC SSHs/Fans or Roma Supporters? I am a Roma supporters I will be at this game regardless of the weather situation.
    Oh course. The majority of the people at the game will be Roma fans. I still expect to see a half full BMO. And if it starts to really rain half way through the game I can't see alot of people sticking around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket sales actually look decent all things considered. Checking here shows only north stands are half sold. 13/18 sections in the west stand are sold out. South stand is almost gone. East is around 80% sold. If the weather holds up there could be a respectable 18k+ in house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone remember when we played Bolton and people complained about the "second choice lineup"? A few academy kids stepped up and played better than the first team regulars were at the time, paving their way to get pro contracts.

I'm all for using this game to scout talent, improve fitness levels, etc... It's a friendly, everyone should know the drill by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was the Roma team at the team hotel tonight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4347CYiCM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supergio View Post
    Great video, the players look like they were all suffering from stomach flu or hung over.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supergio View Post
    What hotel are they at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What hotel are they at?
    Hyatt on King W @ Blue Jay Way. Some work colleagues just saw the whole team in the hotel lobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Ticket sales actually look decent all things considered. Checking here shows only north stands are half sold. 13/18 sections in the west stand are sold out. South stand is almost gone. East is around 80% sold. If the weather holds up there could be a respectable 18k+ in house.
    If that seat map is correct then it looks just about sold out. Never would have expected that, but I guess there are a lot of AS Roma fans in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roma practice is on GOL TV at 7pm tonight.

Not finding TFC practice TV time Lol :@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know if TFC were smart they would let Roma practice at the KIA training ground. Might as well impress a few folks as you never know who could be interested in coming to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You know if TFC were smart they would let Roma practice at the KIA training ground. Might as well impress a few folks as you never know who could be interested in coming to MLS.
    I am sure they already practice there if they were in Toronto in last few days.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    If that seat map is correct then it looks just about sold out. Never would have expected that, but I guess there are a lot of AS Roma fans in Toronto.

I'll agree with you AFTER I see pics of a full BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that TFC rest their starters, sure it would be good experience for them, but the risk or injury, fatigue, and of a potentially demoralizing loss( I am not sure they would loss, because I doubt Roma is going to play the same way as against the all stars-as there is nothing to achieve here) out weight the benefits in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an opportunity for our mediocre local team to play one of the most popular clubs in the world, and people are worried it might tire out our team? Honestly, who gives a shit. They have been pissing me off for a long time, lets give the fans a chance to watch real pros at their best, and i want tfc to bust their nuts trying to win. Really, what else is their to look forward to this season?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'll agree with you AFTER I see pics of a full BMO.
    The weather may play a big factor as it is supposed to be very windy with potential downpours. If the weather holds up bmo will have a largely full stadium, of mostly Roma fans. I think a lot of traditional TFC supporters have underestimated the populariy of Serie A. This is Roma, not Everton, or Blackburn. If this were a meaningful game to both sides you could fill two rogers stadiums with Italian fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sure. As an Italian, and one with Roman roots, although I am Milanese, I would love to see any Serie A team, but particulalry one like Roma, but what is the point for TFC??? And to be honest most Serie A team treat friendlies for what they are, training, clearly there are some games you play harder ( like the MLS All Star game) but most of the time they are not playing to win, but playing to get the kinks out, to get ready for the season. So while I would love to see it, and may go down last minute, if the schedule allows, for TFC it is more important to show something in the remaining games of this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ Sure. As an Italian, and one with Roman roots, although I am Milanese, I would love to see any Serie A team, but particulalry one like Roma, but what is the point for TFC??? And to be honest most Serie A team treat friendlies for what they are, training, clearly there are some games you play harder ( like the MLS All Star game) but most of the time they are not playing to win, but playing to get the kinks out, to get ready for the season. So while I would love to see it, and may go down last minute, if the schedule allows, for TFC it is more important to show something in the remaining games of this season.
    Perhaps. I still think TFC will play hard, and I believe the the Roma players who are saying this game is important-i predict they too play hard