Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    The dude said he supports TFC in MLS. That's good enough for me. Maybe he likes other teams better. I don't care. No need to constantly attack him.
    Please provide evidence of these so called attacks?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That old guy who just come on sounds popular with the Italian crowd :@)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    omg i just spit Brio all over my screen, totti is coming on!!!
    I see what you did there...
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Please provide evidence of these so called attacks?
    Ugh, you know what I meant. Hostility, telling him to leave, etc. Anyway I'm done talking about this.

They bring on Totti, we bring on Ryan Richter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, you know what I meant. Hostility, telling him to leave, etc. Anyway I'm done talking about this.

And Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my stream just crapped out on my and it's almost 3am here so I am going to bed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine to let this drop. You called me out. Now your claiming that I'm demonstrating... Hostility, telling him to leave...? I suggest your interpretation is incorrect. I'm merely suggesting that his pro-Roma posts may be better suited elsewhere than on a pro TFC supporters forum during a competitive match.

If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it sad that frei has been reduced to a back up keeper who never sees a minute of playing time until a meaningless friendly where he's given one half.

2 years ago we wouldn't even have considered that could happen.

I like Bendik and it's not his fault, but I really don't like the staffs choice to give frei NO playing time in and already lost season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like how Craig Forrest addresses the fact that supporters groups do not approve of mid season friendlies, attesting to the lack of supporters at the game, the dead atmosphere, etc. right after Payne and Co. state on air they like the friendlies and will continue to schedule them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear that 4th goal was a gift from TFC me thinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha. I had a feeling Bekker would go for Strootman's shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like how Craig Forrest addresses the fact that supporters groups do not approve of mid season friendlies, attesting to the lack of supporters at the game, the dead atmosphere, etc. right after Payne and Co. state on air they like the friendlies and will continue to schedule them.
    That was Jason De Vos, not Craig Forrest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And after KP left the comentary box not to his face

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is this Craig Forrest guy? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    That was Jason De Vos, not Craig Forrest.
    oh my bad, i thought it was weird that i actually liked something Forrest said on air

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to win the Support of your fans Payne.

Rey leaves the field limping, something we all feared would happen, and your response is "get use to it"? Fuck off.
    Nice way to talk to the people who stood by the team for all these shit years and in the shit weather.

If he talks to his own fan base like that, I can't imagine how he talks to clients.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Jeremy Hall is so bad, literally every pass was a give away, the last of which a back pass leading to the 4th goal.

Another highlight, Weedman not even close to the net from 10 yards. Another, some Roma fanatic giving Frei a lazer to the eye prepping for the free kick.
    Last edited by denime; 08-07-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: over the board comment fixed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post

Rey leaves the field limping, something we all feared would happen, and your response is "get use to it"? Fuck off.
    Nice way to talk to the people who stood by the team for all these shit years and in the shit weather.

If he talks to his own fan base like that, I can't imagine how he talks to clients.
    Payne is a toy dog barking a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought weedman was the best finisher? couldn't even hit the target, same with Braun in the first half all alone.

TFC lost....

Get used to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post

Anyone wondering how we arn't signing anyone now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    LOL Jeremy Hall is so bad, literally every pass was a give away, the last of which a back pass leading to the 4th goal.

Another highlight, Weedman not even close to the net from 10 yards. Another, some guido fanatic giving Frei a lazer to the eye prepping for the free kick.
    I thought I was the only one that noticed the laser. Fucked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" guido fanatic" very nice buddy ya " all for one" ya sure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting. On one hand the majority of TFC fans clearly didn't care about this game and many were completely against it. On the flip side the stands (other than the north) were as full as I've seen them all season. So clearly there was an audience for this game. I'm fairly certain TFC made money off this friendly. I don't know how far it went towards expanding the brand and gaining new fans though. Will the Roma fans be more likely to check out a TFC game in the future? I honestly have no idea.

I'm fine with friendlies as long as they fall during bye weeks. That was the big issue with this game, that it caused unnecessary schedule congestion. And as long as they keep bringing in high-profile opposition, they'll keep selling tickets too. Whether that grows the TFC fan base remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    " guido fanatic" very nice buddy ya " all for one" ya sure!
    Do you have a point? Please don't talk to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a point? Please don't talk to me.

Missed that part.. I don't see what one's ethnic background has to do with using a laser... It's possible to make a point without being racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Payne came across as a complete arrogant fuck. On a scale of fan respect, he came pretty close to Paul Mariner today. All he had to do was acknowledge that he understands why fans might be against it, and then give his reasons why they will continue organizing friendlies and why he sees them as a good thing. Instead he basically gave a fuck you to the fans and showed that he's completely out of touch with the fans' concerns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Oh boy. People are gonna be pissed about Paynes comments.
    Why would a manager send his head coach on a mission to allegedly convince a player to jointhe team? Unless Nelsen speaks Spanish this seems very strange

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Missed that part.. I don't see what one's ethnic background has to do with using a laser... It's possible to make a point without being racist.
    guido is not a racist remark. maybe derogatory is the word you were going for.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another highlight, Weedman not even close to the net from 10 yards. Another, some guido fanatic giving Frei a lazer to the eye prepping for the free kick.
    You may want to take that reference back. This board won't put up with it. We all make mistakes. I post shit, I sometimes regret. Maybe this is your turn. Just think about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Why would a manager send his head coach on a mission to allegedly convince a player to jointhe team? Unless Nelsen speaks Spanish this seems very strange
    plan C: ENGLAND